AC Classic cars @ Deutschlandring - Tuesday 4th January 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
EDIT: ACK! Never mind. I was using the sign-up password, not the log-on password. Duh.

I am having trouble logging on, as well. Going through CM, and I keep getting the message that the password is wrong. I am using the password from the very first post. Tried it with all caps, and with no caps. Neither one worked. (I am admittedly a newbie at this, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.)

Last edited:
EDIT: ACK! Never mind. I was using the sign-up password, not the log-on password. Duh.

I am having trouble logging on, as well. Going through CM, and I keep getting the message that the password is wrong. I am using the password from the very first post. Tried it with all caps, and with no caps. Neither one worked. (I am admittedly a newbie at this, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.)
Hi Michael,

Welcome!
Will you please also enter your real name on RaceDepartment? It's in your account/account details.
Thanks!

Happy new year guys!

I just signed up at SGP. The password was a bit tough to find right under the map in the first post. ;) Will it also be the race password for the server?

Here's my latest setup for the Lotus. It's nearly unchanged to the setup I made a year back for this similar event...

Attachments

• R-T300-a.ini
    1.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Happy new year guys!

I just signed up at SGP. The passwrd was a bit tough to find right under the map in teh first post. ;) Will it also be the race password for the server?

Here's my latest setup for the Lotus. It's nearly unchanged to the setup I made a year back for this similar event...
Hi Reik,

Using different passwords for server and sign up is also new to me but as I look at the configuration on s.gp I guess that to enter the server the standard password from last year is the one you need.

OK, I'm a newb at racing online. Never once done it before, but since this is one of my favorite track/car combos I'd really like to participate. I am also used to racing with some assists (I figure since I can't feel g-forces, etc, I'm allowed to have a LITTLE help!).

In my practice laps on the server, I've been putting in around
3:30
, sometimes closer to
3:20
, and I can rarely do a completely clean lap if I'm trying to set a "fast" time.

So, is that even close to being competitive? Or am I just going to be a rolling hazard? I don't want to take up a grid slot if I'm just going to cause headaches for everyone else.

Last edited:
OK, I'm a newb at racing online. Never once done it before, but since this is one of my favorite track/car combos I'd really like to participate. I am also used to racing with some assists (I figure since I can't feel g-forces, etc, I'm allowed to have a LITTLE help!).

In my practice laps on the server, I've been putting in around 3:30, sometimes closer to 3:20, and I can rarely do a completely clean lap if I'm trying to set a "fast" time.

So, is that even close to being competitive? Or am I just going to be a rolling hazard? I don't want to take up a grid slot if I'm just going to cause headaches for everyone else.
Hi Michael,

I will answer you in a PM as we have a policy not to discuss lap times before the race. We don't want to discourage less experienced drivers as our events are for everyone as long as they drive clean and with respect to others.

@Mr. Malarkey In my limited experience with this group, so long as you stay to your line and be predictable, there's no problem with not being the fastest and getting blue flags, especially in club races. Unless I've been doing it wrong and I've been quietly making rivals all over the track :p

But based on my early practice results, we'll most likely cross paths at some point during the race :)

Last edited:
Hi Michael,

I will answer you in a PM as we have a policy not to discuss lap times before the race. We don't want to discourage less experienced drivers as our events are for everyone as long as they drive clean and with respect to others.

I put spoiler tags on the times. If you want me to edit the post to take them out completely, let me know.

Happy new year guys!

I just signed up at SGP. The password was a bit tough to find right under the map in the first post. ;) Will it also be the race password for the server?

How do you use this file? Drop it on CM?
edit: nm, I tried to just simple copy and paste and that worked.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea