AC Classic cars @ Deutschlandring - Tuesday 4th January 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Had to leave early due to some issue with my VR which got really hot, beyond the unconfortable level... :(

My perception was that the Lotus is the best car but it takes more effort to extract the best of it. The race start was all right considering, I had a good one and when I moved right to avoid contact I ended up rolling at the pit and the pit limiter came up. At around half the lap I was hit by an yellow Lotus which didn't await for me... Second lap a mess with 3 or 4 cars spinned the straight... unable to avoid a complete hit but ended up keeping the car oriented and overtaking all of them. Then a nice hunt vs Tajinder and Gary I guess, but the VR started to become very hot and I've ended up hitting the fence from nothing which was signal to me that the headset was already unusable. Sad because the race was quite fun.

Thank you Han for this! Looking forward to more races in this format, old tracks and old cars.

All the best!

Fabiano.

Had to leave early due to some issue with my VR which got really hot, beyond the unconfortable level... :(

My perception was that the Lotus is the best car but it takes more effort to extract the best of it. The race start was all right considering, I had a good one and when I moved right to avoid contact I ended up rolling at the pit and the pit limiter came up. At around half the lap I was hit by an yellow Lotus which didn't await for me... Second lap a mess with 3 or 4 cars spinned the straight... unable to avoid a complete hit but ended up keeping the car oriented and overtaking all of them. Then a nice hunt vs Tajinder and Gary I guess, but the VR started to become very hot and I've ended up hitting the fence from nothing which was signal to me that the headset was already unusable. Sad because the race was quite fun.

Thank you Han for this! Looking forward to more races in this format, old tracks and old cars.

All the best!

Fabiano.

That was me that hit you, and I apologize. I was dodging through that pack of cars at the back as well. Not sure how I ended up hitting you - I think you just slowed down for something a bit more than I expected - but it broke my suspension and I had to go back to the pits. So, it wasn't that I didn't wait up to let you have the place back.

Again, sorry for the contact.

I ended up going back to the pits after crashing again on lap 7. Watched the rest of the race from there. I honestly don't know how some of you guys are so fast! I have a lot to learn!

That was a strange event for me.

I couldn't get in touch with the car, as I did when practicing. So I didn't have the pace to be competitive with the top 4, at least in qualify.

I started 5th and held position just to finish the first lap in 2nd behind @Allan Ramsbottom, because of mistakes from @Denis Betty and @Enzo Fazzi and an unlucky @Axel Moebius. I wasn't able to go Allans pace and Enzo quickly caught me, so I was back in 3rd.

Allan and Enzo had a good battle in front of me but somehow managed to increase the gap to me. Great pace guys. :thumbsup:

After 3/4 in the race Enzo and Allan had contact and spun out to hand me P1. But again it didn't take long for Enzo to close the gap and overtake me in the beginning of the last lap. So I finally finished in 2nd. :O_o::confused::rolleyes:

I call this a strange event for me, because I finished in 2nd even though I had a weak pace. And whilst I drove the race nearly on my own, Enzo had spins and battles just to finish in 1st. Congrats mate! :thumbsup:

Also hats off to Allan. What a great pace. :thumbsup: On another day you could win this...

I enjoyed watching the replay with all the fights on top but also in the whole field.

Thank you @HF2000 for hosting this great event.

Great race everyone! It was a lot of fun with so many drivers. And what magnificent racing it must have been with the frontrunners! I will watch the replay for sure.
My own race went 'mwah'. I had reasonable pace but made two big mistakes that cost me a couple of positions. But in the end it didn't really matter because 6th was the best for me anyway as the guys in the Lotus were much quicker. Happy to be the fastest Ferrari though!
And I had some nice battles. As I was preparing to battle with Ernie he missed his brake point for the right turn after the long 'straight'. Probably a side effect from COVID (Get well soon, Ernie!).

Here's next week event: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/classic-f1-silverstone-67.215588/
Please read the thread always. Important messages/changes will be in green letters

These races are tests for a championship that I want to organize in the near future, to see if there are enough participants and if the cars are a good match.

So see you on track!

What a great event, enormous fun, I was running behind Han in 6th place when Han hit the bridge on the start straight and I couldn’t avoid him. Han seemed to get going again without any drama but when I tried to rejoin I got hit by what seemed to be every man and his dog! This caused a chain reaction and when I did get going again I was in 14th. Sorry guys but nothing I could do.
But I kept at it and finally made my way back to finish 9th and seeing the names in front of me I think that was a result for me.

The prospect of a championship with these classic F1 cars is something to look forward to as they are so much fun, I think you will have enough for a good sized grid Han and hopefully we can use some classic F1 circuits.

Well done to the podium, huge respect for your skill and lap times and thank Han for organising.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
After doing half a lap in quali, I realized that painkillers DO change reaction time, and to make matters worse, my VR headset brought my headache back. Too bad that I had to miss this race. (On the other hand, those cars might have been too fast for me even if I hadn't been sick)
I hope to be able to join in one of the next little events.

What a great event, enormous fun, I was running behind Han in 6th place when Han hit the bridge on the start straight and I couldn’t avoid him. Han seemed to get going again without any drama but when I tried to rejoin I got hit by what seemed to be every man and his dog! This caused a chain reaction and when I did get going again I was in 14th. Sorry guys but nothing I could do.
But I kept at it and finally made my way back to finish 9th and seeing the names in front of me I think that was a result for me.

The prospect of a championship with these classic F1 cars is something to look forward to as they are so much fun, I think you will have enough for a good sized grid Han and hopefully we can use some classic F1 circuits.

Well done to the podium, huge respect for your skill and lap times and thank Han for organising.:thumbsup:
Yes I watched the replay and I couldn't help laughing out loud with all the misfortune you had! Sorry for that and that I was the cause of this disaster.

Everyone: you should watch the replay, not only for this malicious pleasure but also for the battles with Enzo and Allan. They are great! It's like Lewis and Max again!

Yes I watched the replay and I couldn't help laughing out loud with all the misfortune you had! Sorry for that and that I was the cause of this disaster.

Everyone: you should watch the replay, not only for this malicious pleasure but also for the battles with Enzo and Allan. They are great! It's like Lewis and Max again!
My onboard at about 8 mins is worth a watch as Richard ploughs into Paul and clears the way for me :)

Excellent event Han, you did it again. Thank you. I could quite easily just race on Fat Alfie tracks and nothing else as they are so rewarding and immersive to drive. My race was going well and then dropped off a cliff when i mis judged an inside fence post, crashed heavy and ended up with my car at a 45 deg angle. Just teleported and came back out a lap down on the leaders. I believe i was the second driver after Han hit the bridge and i saw you and Paul spinning in a smoke filled road. That put me in 5th place but alas it was not to last. Still, was fun trying to work my way back up. Gonna sign up for the next classic now :)

Happy to cheer your day up Han :roflmao:, and yes, the replay is a good one, especially the battle for the lead.:thumbsup:

Excellent event Han, you did it again. Thank you. I could quite easily just race on Fat Alfie tracks and nothing else as they are so rewarding and immersive to drive. My race was going well and then dropped off a cliff when i mis judged an inside fence post, crashed heavy and ended up with my car at a 45 deg angle. Just teleported and came back out a lap down on the leaders. I believe i was the second driver after Han hit the bridge and i saw you and Paul spinning in a smoke filled road. That put me in 5th place but alas it was not to last. Still, was fun trying to work my way back up. Gonna sign up for the next classic now :)
Actually if you get teleported, you loose a lap so after that you were last. So you got blue flags when Ernie and I were closing in on you.

Last edited:
Most of the time, I drive at 95-99% and just bang out consistent laps, but I love this track so much that I was pushing it. Hit that lamp post on the apex of the penultimate corner early on and clipped the haybales out of the last corner on a lap that would have been a low 3:07. On the plus side, it gave me a good battle with Allan and a good chase to get the lead back!

I've uploaded it as it was a good lap, until I got too eager out of the final corner:

I'll also attach my setup, but it's default with adjusted pressures, final drive and engine limit.

Attachments

• L49_DRING_R_V001.ini
    1.2 KB · Views: 29
WOW....
The 1st race of the new year and what a cracker!!!!..
Qualified in second.. @Enzo Fazzi what a quali lap..Great stuff..
Behind me @Axel Moebius @Reik Major @Denis Betty not much pressure then...
Kept 2nd off the start and as usual Axel breathing down my neck.1st lap i was cautious too much i think,but after that things settled down,until Denis outbraked himself and hit Axel,shame guys, further up the field Enzo hits something so now i have 1 of our :alien: behind me.. @Reik Major ...Great:laugh:,but i was holding my own and slowly started pulling away..Nah this car,nt be right :D:D,so off we went Enzo soon catching up passing Reik and trying his bleeding best to get 1st place back..I tried my best and in doing so,had some fantastic laps racing against Enzo, but we came together on the right hander and i went behind the fence,by the time i was back on track Reik had gone by and got 1st with Enzo waiting..So with it all to do again we were off...Enzo re-took the lead Reik 2nd,myself 3rd,with this awesome class of field i am happy with that..Would/could i have got 2nd??,maybe,Axel/Denis not having there bump??,Enzo making couple of mistakes to push him further back..Who knows....But thats racing..Thats why we love it soooo much.:):)..

@Reik Major,
Thanks for them kind words..Coming from you..means alot..
Till next time guys.....Stay Safe..
Ohh..PS..
Another fantastic combo @HF2000 cant wait if there,s a championship with these because im IN,just to let you know..:)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back