AC Classic cars @ Deutschlandring - Tuesday 4th January 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Would someone who created a good (stable) Ferrari setup care to share here, pretty please? I have absolutely no idea what to do with all those parameters, and fear that I'm missing out here.

Just play around with it. All you need to do is try to make it steer and be in control of the rear. All the parameters have an explanation if you hover the mouse over the heading. It is a knowledge curve i guess but we have all had to learn it. Trust me, what feels good to me probably feels rubbish to others so it is a bit of a personal thing. You will feel great confidence when you have made it behave for your style of driving knowing you will thrash everyone with it. And then the opposite feeling comes over you when everyone goes past you :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: All part of the fun

I wanted to participate in this, but after many practice laps I realized I was nowhere near ready for online racing in cars this fast and tricky. I'm going to sign up for some of the beginner races and get some experience first, so I dropped out of this race. However, is there a way I can spectate? I'd love to take a look at the replays of the really fast drivers, and maybe learn a thing or two.

I wanted to participate in this, but after many practice laps I realized I was nowhere near ready for online racing in cars this fast and tricky. I'm going to sign up for some of the beginner races and get some experience first, so I dropped out of this race. However, is there a way I can spectate? I'd love to take a look at the replays of the really fast drivers, and maybe learn a thing or two.
I *think* you can just join the event, and after lap 1 go to the pits and while being in the menu, you can spectate other people by clicking on their name in your leaderboard screen.

EDIT: and if you feel like it, do another couple of laps behind the driver in last position - you might have some good fun?

EDIT2: I personally might do just that, since I'm a bit under the weather with coughing, sneezing, headache etc. The event isn't overbooked - there are still quite a few slots free, so I think there's no harm jumping in, doing a few laps, spectating etc, right?

Last edited:
I *think* you can just join the event, and after lap 1 go to the pits and while being in the menu, you can spectate other people by clicking on their name in your leaderboard screen.

Didn't know if that was kosher to do.

EDIT: and if you feel like it, do another couple of laps behind the driver in last position - you might have some good fun?

Well, I haven't got any work to do today, so if you're going to twist my arm... ;)

Well, I haven't got any work to do today, so if you're going to twist my arm... ;)
I agree with Markus. Just drive with us and when you get a blue flag go slow down on a more or less straight part and make room for the lapping car.
That way you will have the replay and you can watch everyone and everything you want. Make sure your replay settings are good.
These are mine:
1641316398182.png

Last edited:

I found the Ferrari at bit more forgiving than the Lotus so you might want to give that a go. I switched on Auto Blip too - which makes the car a bit more predictable on down shift. Available via the Assists menu near the Join button...

Screenshot 2022-01-04 172933.png

They are very easy to throw at the scenery so don't worry about fast laps at the moment. There is a 90 min practice session before quali - so plenty of time to improve :)

You'll find this a friendly bunch of racers - so just have a go and have fun.

Last edited:
I found the Ferrari at bit more forgiving than the Lotus so you might want to give that a go. I switched on Auto Blip too - which makes the car a bit more predictable on down shift. Available via the Assists menu near the Join button...

View attachment 530167

I was watching you in practice and I'd suggest you try going a bit slower to begin with to get a feel for the car. They are very easy to throw at the scenery so don't worry about fast laps at the moment. There is a 90 min practice session before quali - so plenty of time to improve :)

You'll find this a friendly bunch of racers - so just have a go and have fun.

Yeah, I've been all over the place this morning. I'm the Nikita Mazepin of AC today. :)

what a shame I tried to enter server but CM always crashes. Must have something todo with the Ferrari as I cant drive it in game standalone as well. Game crashes back to main menu. Strange as I already driven the Ferrari here before.

this is crash log in cm:

"Error might have something to do with:

00007FFD947D4F69 (KERNELBASE): (filename not available): RaiseException
00007FFD63DFEF63 (MSVCR120): (filename not available): CxxThrowException
00007FFD692609BE (MSVCP120): (filename not available): std::_Xlength_error
AC\animation.cpp (119): Animation::load
AC\suspensionanimator.cpp (45): SuspensionAnimator::SuspensionAnimator
AC\caravatar.cpp (1049): CarAvatar::init3D
AC\caravatar.cpp (891): CarAvatar::CarAvatar
AC\sim.cpp (1446): Sim::addCar
AC\racemanager.cpp (1805): RaceManager::initOnline
AC\racemanager.cpp (171): RaceManager::loadSessions
AC\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim
AC\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::postRender
AC\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
00007FFD95007034 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
00007FFD96EE2651 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart"

Any ideas?

No idea how to fix it. Damn it, wanted to race this one. Maybe I can fix it in time but I doubt it.
Wish you all good fun.

I'm also having a problem logging in to the server. I can eventually find the page, but when I put in the password as shown under the picture on the first post, nothing happens, I don't get a JOIN light up to click on. That same password I find works ok on the RD practise server 2 tho... can you help please @HF2000

what a shame I tried to enter server but CM always crashes. Must have something todo with the Ferrari as I cant drive it in game standalone as well. Game crashes back to main menu. Strange as I already driven the Ferrari here before.

this is crash log in cm:

"Error might have something to do with:

00007FFD947D4F69 (KERNELBASE): (filename not available): RaiseException
00007FFD63DFEF63 (MSVCR120): (filename not available): CxxThrowException
00007FFD692609BE (MSVCP120): (filename not available): std::_Xlength_error
AC\animation.cpp (119): Animation::load
AC\suspensionanimator.cpp (45): SuspensionAnimator::SuspensionAnimator
AC\caravatar.cpp (1049): CarAvatar::init3D
AC\caravatar.cpp (891): CarAvatar::CarAvatar
AC\sim.cpp (1446): Sim::addCar
AC\racemanager.cpp (1805): RaceManager::initOnline
AC\racemanager.cpp (171): RaceManager::loadSessions
AC\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim
AC\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::postRender
AC\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
00007FFD95007034 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
00007FFD96EE2651 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart"

Any ideas?

No idea how to fix it. Damn it, wanted to race this one. Maybe I can fix it in time but I doubt it.
Wish you all good fun.
Maybe roll back your CM a version? Otherwise, maybe doing the file integrity check via steam would do something, but I don't know more than that :/

I'm also having a problem logging in to the server. I can eventually find the page, but when I put in the password as shown under the picture on the first post, nothing happens, I don't get a JOIN light up to click on. That same password I find works ok on the RD practise server 2 tho... can you help please @HF2000
If you right mouse click over the join button it can some times offer to join

If you right mouse click over the join button it can some times offer to join

Tried that but no success unfortunately. man this is so stupid sometimes. Can you confirm it is the same password as used for the practise server? 6 characters length.
edit: Or could it be Han forgot to add me to the list. I've just noticed my name is not among the group of names for this event on the simracing.gp site. Could that be it I wonder. Dayyum. :(

Last edited:
Still no good, I was going to check my CSP but that will not load so that may be the problem. The only issue with that is there is no way for me to change version as all I see is a big error message. Looks like I'm going to be missing this one guys, sorry and seriously disappointed in this especially when I have absolutely no problem with the practise server. Harrumph.

Last edited:
Still no good, I was going to check my CSP but that will not load so that may be the problem. The only issue with that is there is no way for me to change version as all I see is a big error message. Looks like I'm going to be missing this one guys, sorry and seriously disappointed in this especially when I have absolutely no problem with the practise server. Harrumph.
doesn't look you signed up for the event. you don't need to sign up to use the practice server

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%