Chinook Mk. 2

Cars Chinook Mk. 2 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Stereo submitted a new resource:

Chinook Mk. 2 - Can-Am Group 7 prototype

View attachment 535254
Introduction
It feels like more than the two years it's been. At the end of 2019, I ran a short poll on Race Department. I had a short list, half a dozen racecars I'd like to make. After anonymizing them by series/class to avoid everyone voting for the Ferrari, one very persistent user voted for the Ferrari about 50 times anyway. Too bad. I chose the runner up. Can-Am series, group 7, unlimited power. A 1966 Chinook Mk. 2. A...

Read more about this resource...

I can't stop peeping from the bottom. :ninja:
Screenshot_chinook_mk2_ks_drag_24-0-122-23-48-10.jpg

Finally, it's here!
Damn, I need to do something and get a new set of Pedals or repair my old ones... My heels and toes start itching when I see stuff like that :D

Thanks everyone who's donated, much appreciated! Approximately 25% of the way to the goal already. Just for clarity, in case it wasn't obvious in the main post, the M1B is only in early stages - everything except the fiberglass body is borrowed from the Chinook; wheels/tires/drivetrain can stay that way, a lot of the rest needs to be remodeled or tweaked. At soonest it'd have a late Summer '22 release since I have other obligations the next few months anyway, and it's nice to release at 1.0, meaning already tested, skin pack, etc. included.

Thanks everyone who's donated, much appreciated! Approximately 25% of the way to the goal already. Just for clarity, in case it wasn't obvious in the main post, the M1B is only in early stages - everything except the fiberglass body is borrowed from the Chinook; wheels/tires/drivetrain can stay that way, a lot of the rest needs to be remodeled or tweaked. At soonest it'd have a late Summer '22 release since I have other obligations the next few months anyway, and it's nice to release at 1.0, meaning already tested, skin pack, etc. included.
That is fantastic news! The Chinook is definitely a great place to start. Do you have plans for any other Can Am cars after the M1B?

No concrete plans. I'm mostly tempted to dive deeper into the past, I've been centered on 1967 a lot cause it's a good era but there are '50 and '60 cars that deserve attention too.
Very true, the early history of the 12 hours of Sebring and endurance racing of that time is definitely an untapped resource.

And since you'll likely be shifting focus, I'm tempted to make the McLaren M6A...

Last edited:
Thanks again for this beauty, love it (although she hate me to death, sigh).

Just one tiny little thing: the skin.ini files in skins folder shows "incorrect" driver model --> [driver] instead of [driver_60], resulting in default (and horribily hated) white sparco driver ingame.
Plus, in the [CREW]/SUIT, "classic" suit is indicated (is there some classic crew suit skins out there??).

Well anyway, nothing that can't be adjusted on your own, I just wanted to annoy a little! :D

Guys sorry for raising the topic again if it was already, I had issues with driving the Chinook with sudden understeer and general sudden lack of ffb thru the corners, and had similar issue with NSX as well - but someone in comments to NSX suggesting downgrading the CSP to 0.1.73 and indeed Chinook drives completely different on that version of CSP.
What is correct tho? And if the physics as under 0.1.73 is the correct one, what in CSP could change the driving behaviour of these cars, maybe it could be manually brought back to those values? since im using newer version of Pure, it doesn't work correctly with 0.1.7.3

Edit: having read thru difference between newer version and 0.173 main difference is rainFX and rain physics, and just turning off "RainFX" in csp settings fixed the strange physics . Strange that not all cars are suffering from that, maybe it triggers some rain tyres or just breaks the tyres somehow?

Last edited:
Guys sorry for raising the topic again if it was already, I had issues with driving the Chinook with sudden understeer and general sudden lack of ffb thru the corners, and had similar issue with NSX as well - but someone in comments to NSX suggesting downgrading the CSP to 0.1.73 and indeed Chinook drives completely different on that version of CSP.
What is correct tho? And if the physics as under 0.1.73 is the correct one, what in CSP could change the driving behaviour of these cars, maybe it could be manually brought back to those values? since im using newer version of Pure, it doesn't work correctly with 0.1.7.3

Edit: having read thru difference between newer version and 0.173 main difference is rainFX and rain physics, and just turning off "RainFX" in csp settings fixed the strange physics . Strange that not all cars are suffering from that, maybe it triggers some rain tyres or just breaks the tyres somehow?
Are you driving with a weather that has rain? Only difference between 1.7.3 and current version (which is recommended) is that slip was changed to be more realistic (on versions between 1.7.3 and 1.7.9 it was a bit broken, which is why people talk about 1.7.3, but 1.7.9 is now recommended). RainFX shouldn't do anything in the dry.

Are you driving with a weather that has rain? Only difference between 1.7.3 and current version (which is recommended) is that slip was changed to be more realistic (on versions between 1.7.3 and 1.7.9 it was a bit broken, which is why people talk about 1.7.3, but 1.7.9 is now recommended). RainFX shouldn't do anything in the dry.
Nope, clear weather. The difference is quite drastic tho, as if the track surface is wet, pretty much on/off grip with ffb loss.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back