Chinook Mk. 2

Cars Chinook Mk. 2 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thats what ive tried already. There's some debug visualsation in the rainfx settings, sadly its not really that informative tho. I noticed when the track loads (in default clear weather) it shows green color in debug - as if the track is damp as i understand it (while red would be slippery on the rubbered line in wet conditions, again if i understand it right), soon enough the green is gone, but track has no visible groove, and grip is still worse than if i make preset with 85% initial grip. Oh, and also seems like presets are not working with rainfx on, at least on a few tracks I tested.
Seems the issue, at least part of it - is what the rainfx module does to the track surface, but not all cars seem to be that noticeably affected by that.

Last edited:
I think this is one of a very small number of cars that has rain physics enabled at all times, most cars unless you turn on the CM "always use experimental physics" won't.

Thats what ive tried already. There's some debug visualsation in the rainfx settings, sadly its not really that informative tho. I noticed when the track loads (in default clear weather) it shows green color in debug - as if the track is damp as i understand it (while red would be slippery on the rubbered line in wet conditions, again if i understand it right), soon enough the green is gone, but track has no visible groove, and grip is still worse than if i make preset with 85% initial grip. Oh, and also seems like presets are not working with rainfx on, at least on a few tracks I tested.
Seems the issue, at least part of it - is what the rainfx module does to the track surface, but not all cars seem to be that noticeably affected by that.
Maybe reinstall your CSP, but in any case it's not going to be an issue with the car (and being that I haven't heard of this or experienced it before, probably is install related).

Maybe reinstall your CSP, but in any case it's not going to be an issue with the car (and being that I haven't heard of this or experienced it before, probably is install related).
Will try to do a clean install of csp. I wonder is it the case of what Stereo described? I also noticed in sol debug app that on default clear condition the wetness is negative value, and there’s 0.62 drain pudddles. But again those values are the same when rainfx is off, but I guess the wetness part is just not functional when rainfx is off. To be honest no idea what those values are and how they work since I mostly spend my leisure time on AC and enjoying it as a user not as a modder, so it’s all quite new to me every time how it works. Is there a chance that tyres somehow have issue reading the negative value maybe?

Last edited:
Will try to do a clean install of csp. I wonder is it the case of what Stereo described? I also noticed in sol debug app that on default clear condition the wetness is negative value, and there’s 0.62 drain pudddles. But again those values are the same when rainfx is off, but I guess the wetness part is just not functional when rainfx is off. To be honest no idea what those values are and how they work since I mostly spend my leisure time on AC and enjoying it as a user not as a modder, so it’s all quite new to me every time how it works. Is there a chance that tyres somehow have issue reading the negative value maybe?
Does SOL debug work for default weather? It shouldn’t

I'm now seeing similar problems. Tire wear indicates they are worn out from new and the car is undrivable. CSP1.79 or 1.80b.
Not weather setting related, it's tire life related. No grip because tires are worn out.

I'm now seeing similar problems. Tire wear indicates they are worn out from new and the car is undrivable. CSP1.79 or 1.80b.
Not weather setting related, it's tire life related. No grip because tires are worn out.
That is normal behavior for any version of CSP or AC. The tires need a break-in period (probably a lap or two).

Yeah no issues with break-in period in itself. It all makes sense with rainfx off.

Edit: so did a clean install of CSP, and also installed the ProTyres (long overdue since moving to another country and setting up new pc), and have zero issues so far. The initial track grip levels still vary between loads of session/exiting and loading again, but it's all making sense so far. Will do more testing.

Last edited:
That is normal behavior for any version of CSP or AC. The tires need a break-in period (probably a lap or two).
Wear indicators show no tire life. Tire life starts to appear after a few very, very slow laps, but it makes the model unracable as no vintage tyres on any other era car behave like this. By lap three we get some grip, but the slip angles are still very tight and it feels like slicks on wet. With the AC tires app, tires are blue cold even at 3 laps, and if I try tire debug the app crashes. It's fun to throw the car around, but racing other models (like ACL McLaren M1b) not possible.
So, seems like tires are very slow to heat, but also very fast to cool, and temps/wear/grip reads different in different apps. It's as if wear data is being confused for temp data? Tire blankets seem to have no effect. thanks for your efforts.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-14 184216.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-11-14 184216.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 46
Just wanted to drop a note, that with few last versions of CSP i have had no issues with "slick tyre on wet" behaviour, with rainfx on, even on damp track it's trickier but contrtollable. (rain difficulty set to real) Generally all cars i've tested so far have their tires improved big time after the CSP tire developments that were introduced a few versions ago. (Didnt pay too much attention when, but do notice the pleasant difference).

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Forum trophies