Tracks Chang International circuit [WIP]

Am I correct in assuming DIP is # of drawcalls?

As for objects, I was going to suggest what Lilski already mentioned; group all curbs in one corner or section into an object. Lets you LOD them still.

Let me tell you, there will be no license :( .... but let`s be :):thumbsup:
I would be able to get it, but the track owners wanted too much money for my budget. I have proved that even an individual as my self, can get it. Its a hard business, just need to keep on pushing.
Atm I am in the final stage of optimization, and I am very satisfied what I have achieved. Track and it`s performance can easily cope with original Kunos`s tracks.
--
chang_5_19_3.jpg

Last edited:
I would be able to get it, but the track owners wanted too much money for my budget. I have proved that even an individual as my self, can get it. Its a hard business, just need to keep on pushing.
Track will be available for download for free in a couple of days, atm I am in the final stage of optimization, and I am very satisfied what I have achieved. Track and it`s performance can easily cope with original Konus`s tracks.
--
chang_5_19_3.jpg
You should have tried crowd funding you would be surprised how many guys here love your work,
there is quite a few really good platforms for that kind of thing these days :)

Clowdfounding? Never heard of it before.
Yes there is loads of various websites that actually host such things,
similar to what those guys did with that new wheel and pedals they just built, was all through crowdfunding,
set the task say 15,000$ over say IDK 6 months and then spread the word and get all your supporters onboard, those guys who did the wheel and pedals passed there budget in something like 72 minutes they got 60,000$ :)
I would not recommend such things for cars unless you was trying to get official licenses this way I have looked at before and is possible to do so,
tracks makes total sense as to the sheer costs,

but to make it exiting and get everyone onboard with your project,

make it and announce it with laserscanning, actually get the kickstarter project to fund the cost of scanning the track the license for the track and the cost of building it,
then start the campaign and spread the news you be shocked how many supporters you get :)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/feelvr/feel-vr-the-affordable-direct-drive-racing-wheel-a

Yes there is loads of various websites that actually host such things,
similar to what those guys did with that new wheel and pedals they just built, was all through crowdfunding,
set the task say 15,000$ over say IDK 6 months and then spread the word and get all your supporters onboard, those guys who did the wheel and pedals passed there budget in something like 72 minutes they got 60,000$ :)
I would not recommend such things for cars unless you was trying to get official licenses this way I have looked at before and is possible to do so,
tracks makes total sense as to the sheer costs,

but to make it exiting and get everyone onboard with your project,

make it and announce it with laserscanning, actually get the kickstarter project to fund the cost of scanning the track the license for the track and the cost of building it,
then start the campaign and spread the news you be shocked how many supporters you get :)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/feelvr/feel-vr-the-affordable-direct-drive-racing-wheel-a

Cannot use it, since I am not a resident of any of those countries listed.
From their website:
Project creation is currently available to individuals in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Singapore, Mexico, and Japan.

Will check some other websites.
ps: none seems to support my country.

Last edited:
Cannot use it, since I am not a resident of any of those countries listed.
From their website:
Project creation is currently available to individuals in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Singapore, Mexico, and Japan.

Will check some other websites.
ps: none seems to support my country.
Such a pity :(

Atm I am in the final stage of optimization, and I am very satisfied what I have achieved. Track and it`s performance can easily cope with original Kunos`s tracks.
--
chang_5_19_3.jpg
Sorry if I sound silly but why do you need to have a license to publish this mod ubder its real name? It's not a pay mod, right?

Some advice for Mitja and anyone wanting to licence content, you have to offer something that will benefit the owners. Just having the track insim is not a benefit to the owners, and indeed may be a negative if it stops people testing there. So you have to be smart about your approach to them. Licensing the track for free would devalue the licence to any potential games that wanted to licence it in the future, so remember that when making an offer.

Also, if you are going to crowdfund or go down the paid route, then you need to be 100% legit, and using kunos textures is not legit.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back