Caution....Thrustmaster firmware 46

If you currently own the T500RS or even the T300 and have not yet done the latest driver and firmware update, you may want to delay doing so.
My T500RS steering wheel (with Ferrari GTE rim add-on) has been faultless since the start of ownership.
It has been functioning without a single hiccup on driver 4.TTRS.2016 (firmware 43) driver 2.9.1.0 prior to installing the new package 6.TTRS.2017 (firmware 46) and driver 2.10.6.0.
After a 'clean' install of the new driver and firmware, only the original chrome, static paddles are working correctly.
Neither one of the paddle shifters on the GTE rim and only a select few buttons on that wheel rim, respond in the TM Control Panel.
I am running Windows 10-64 version 1709 Creator edition (Build 16299.19). with all drivers throughout the computer up to date.
My previous driver package was removed using the add/remove feature in Windows.
The wheel had been left unplugged prior to starting the PC initially, in anticipation of the older driver removal.
The PC was then restarted and the newer Thrustmaster driver package installed...with the wheel reconnected only on request.
The firmware update was initiated after the restart on completing the driver install.
The firmware process was reported as successfully completed with all three green check boxes accepted.
I've submitted a report to Thrustmaster and will update the findings.

Last edited:
In my case trying to install the newest driver (no firmware) my T500 couldn't calibrate, it was constantly moving left to right and even my other peripherals like keyboard, mouse etc went crazy and not working with their leds blinking, until a system restart.
I tried different usb ports, tried with the f1 wheel same result. At one point I thought my wheel or my motherboard was dying.
Then I went back to 2017_TTRS_6 and it's back to normal.
Maybe is something wrong from my side but I never had any issue before.
How is your system configured?
What F/W version are you currently using?
All USB ports utilized?
What power supply?
Any special wheel rims?
I'm curious.

Upvote 0
My system is an i5 3570K oc to 4.4, gtx1070, 16gb ram, built by me 5 years ago except the 1070.
All usb ports are in use (lot of stuff) and the only problem I had was to find the 3 right ports for oculus.
My motherboard has 2 controller for usb, one by Intel and one by Via, which sucks but for peripherals is ok.
My t500 is and always was connected to the same usb2 Intel port and now has the V43 Firmware(I had V46 and revert it back to V43) never had any kind of problem and I own it for 4 years.
my psu is an Silverstone Op 1000w, old enough but it's going good, no bsod even to the most demanding games.
My only wheels are the one came with the t500 and a thrustmaster F1 wheel.
As I said, this happened for the first time today, not even with the "faulty" V46 firmware which had other kind of problem not keeping the F1 wheel to advance mode.
Not trying to prevent someone from the new driver, most likely some part of my system is going South, but I'm not sure, just had a 2h into rre and everything was ok. I guess I'll learn soon :cautious:

Upvote 0
I feel your pain. I know it's no help, but this week I bought a TS-PC racer, and installed it using the 2017_TTRS_7 package, and it's faultless. Before that, I had a T300RS, and never had any trouble with driver and firmware updates. It seems to be a specific T500 problem, but why that particular wheel?
Hope you get it sorted mate :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
It's not a big deal, as long as is working good with v43 I'll stick to it, anyway I wasn't planning to get one of the new rims. Thanks anyway
Maybe @DrRob is right, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but sometimes I just can't resist :D

Upvote 0
I just took an exact look at what is installed on my system with the 2017_TTRS_7 package
Firmware version: 3
Driver version: 2.10.9.0
I'm running Win 10 64bit with the fall update, btw. Before the TS-PC I had a T300RS,
and with the same install package, the Firmware number was 5 and not 3.
I've never seen numbers anything like as high as 46. It would interest me as to why this is.
Or is it just that the numbers are so high because the T500 has been on the market for such a long time?
I have no experience with the T500: I made the jump from a G27 directly to the T300..

Upvote 0
Because they are older products and every time TM releases a new add-on they need to be updated, without counting bug fixes.
For example the October firmwares added compatibility for the Sparco R383 wheel, the December firmwares for the Ferrari 250 GTO wheel.

FYI firmwares are stored in C:\Program Files\Guillemot\tmfwupdater\firmware and some of them are for products not yet available on the market.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back