rF2 Caterham Superlight Team Championship (Cancelled)

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
OK - I have a question for you all...

With the interest that we now seem to be getting on a regular basis in the Club events, should I increase the numbers in the mod (and therefore the League) from 21 slots to, say, 30?

I would want to do it once and once only.

Please let me know your thoughts.

It's a difficult one- the past few weeks we've almost had a consistently full(ish) grid- but i don't know whether there would be enough 'regulars' to maintain 21+ cars per race, every race. (especially club races)
Saying that though, I'm sure there's plenty of interest in the league, especially as it has a teams' championship, and more drivers = more teams, and more teams = more competition, which should equal more enjoyment.

as 21 drivers is enough to make a nice grid, but if there is a number of regualr cat drivers who can`t get in then you should increase the grid size.

I agree with Nigel. When do the sign ups close? Could you make adjustments after that, as you will know then how many reliable drivers are wanting to race in the league?

We've got a good couple of months yet, so I will be monitoring who joins Club events, who tries to sign up for the League etc.

All I'm doing is trying to get out ahead of any potential demand in case it begins to outstrip supply.

My thinking was to go to 30 anyway, as if we get 19 drivers for an event, we get that 19 whether there's 21 or 30 slots.

But if we get 23 sign ups, we'd only have all 23 if we were at 30.

Extending the top end of the available number slots shouldn't have any detrimental affect on the numbers overall, would it?

Hmmmm, no but it does go against your idea of letting people in who haven't raced in the club events.
Try 26 for now, that's 8 teams of 3, and a couple of loose cannons - should be plenty. Seems to work in F1.

Name: Toby Davis - Team Leader
Team: Tard Helmets
Number: 0

Name: Chris Butcher
Number: 1

Name: Jeffrey Watkins
Number: 9

Not really, I wasn't going to go to the extended slots just yet. It's still a few months away, and we could already fill a 30 player grid with people who have attended cub events previously, and new faces are coming to club events all the time. By the time we get to the League, we might have a larger base. If those people show up it won't be an issue.

As I say, I'll be keeping a close eye on both attendance and attendees. I still won't be allowing any jcl's into the league ahead of long time supporters.

What I won't do though is go in increments so there are multiple patches out there.

If we do expand, we'll go straight to 30 and that'll be it.

Im thinking of joining a league for the first time and im just wondering if the fact that i have 13dnfs out of 31 races will be a problem? a few of those were me being a noob and not understanding that 0:00.0 minutes remaining didnt mean the race is over and a few were controller fails. i hope this high dnf number wont affect my chances of getting in :)

hi,
I am looking to join a team for what will be my first league :) im hoping mainly to be able to at least finish each race (dont let my dnf count decieve you they were mostly technical errors) I drive cleanly trying my best not to cause any accidents, i keep my cool when being chased and dont make mistakes. my main weakness is overtaking but i am working hard to try and improve on it and making some progress :)
hope someone will take me becuase i am super exited to get a chance to join my first league! :D

Edit: no longer looking for a team, i am now in FlatoutMotorsport :)

They weren't an issue until you mentioned them...:D

Joking aside, put the effort in over the next couple of club events and you'll get used to how it works, I'm sure you'll be fine.

T1 madness seems to happen at nearly every RD event I race at (and in the case of WTM) it's usually me causing it :p but in all seriousness, I would love the possibility of racing against more people :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back