rF2 Caterham Academy @ Dijon Prenois 79 GP - Friday 5th Feb 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
seams there is still a problem with Dijon Stu. i downloaded the track a few mins ago i can choose the track just fine (it is listed) but if click to move forward RF shows the track pic and then hangs up if i hit esc the games ends without any notification :(
any clue ??

dosent matter as soon as i hit any key on the keyboard i am back to Desktop ofc only with this track any other track i have installed works just fine o.O
downloaded the track again have unpacked it and dropped the conatining folder ( i made sure to have not a instance to much ) into the location folder
so it looks like 08_Dijon-----> 79_dijon and some files, should be right or ?? as it shows up ingame

Michael - did you read the instructions on the track d/load?

"Remember - in your Locations folder, add another folder called "GPC79tracks", and extract Dijon into there, NOT directly into "Locations"."

To anyone that already has the 08_Dijon track from the GPC79 pack...Get the RaceDepartment one. I don't know what's been changed but there are mismatches.

EDIT: There were two mismatches. 1: They've changed .tdf file:
RoadWetGrip=0.80 to RoadWetGrip=1.00.
Why? :frown:

I don't know what the other one was.
EDIT 2: The other mismatch was .gdb because it calls on the .tdf file.

I'm not sure who the "they" you mention is aimed at, but I certainly haven't altered anything.

I installed Grand Prix 1979 Track Pack v2.0.exe and the Dijon in there has the Wet grip thing set @ 1.00. The only thing I altered is to add the Sandsmoke texture to the file.

To the best of my knowledge, that is the latest available version (there was a 2.5 knocking about but that file is not available) so that makes most sense for us to use.

Whoa! It wasn't aimed at you. But track pack v2.0 is what I used so a 'they' changed it from when I got it and when you got it. The question is why? It smacks of the Cadwell gdb where 'they', presumably the makers, had roadgrip=1.80 or something stupid. So it was changed by various people, myself included, to roadgrip=1.00. There was so much grip the car would roll rather than slide.
one of life's imponderables. Also one of rFactor's irritants. :)
Oddly enough, my copy already had the Sandsmoke.tga included. It's strange you had to add it. We'll never know eh?

I've just had a dig through my collection and my copy IS 2.5! That explains a lot. Why wetgrip is different (plus one or two other bits in there) and the fact that you had to find Sandsmoke!
I wonder why 2.5 isn't aroung any more. The plit thockens. :wink:

No idea either, I mean, there's a link to v2.5 on the GP79 page at RFC, but the link is dead. There are some v2.5 tracks ligging about (notably Kyalami etc.), but just not for Dijon.

Doesn't matter too much anyway, as Dijon's still a belter as it is.

Stu if i am right you are involved in developing this mod
there is something on the academy cars i am not sure about, in fact i think the gearing is way to long i know they are for beginners and should be realy easy to drive and not so fast
but even on dijon what i consider as a realy fast track the cars barly can rev out the 4th gear maybe there is a posibility to shorten the gearing a little bit so that the 5 speed box is completly in use
without reving the hell out of the first 3 gears. as the engien runs all the time on its limits and the oil and water temps are way to high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 80 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 56 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 34 12.4%