rF2 Caterham Academy @ Dijon Prenois 79 GP - Friday 5th Feb 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - We've just had a successful test, and we think we've sussed the problem, or at least a way round it.

We noticed that, with a 3 lap superpole, as we quit in after setting a time (ie we were on our 3rd lap), once we were in the garages, we were showing as 4/3 - having driven 4 laps out of the allowed 3, and therefore got DQs. We think it's pitbox/garage positions causing the issue, quitting in somehow costs you another lap.

I upped the possible lap count to 5, but we still only drove the outlap, timed lap and inlap. We quit after setting times, (again on our third lap), but this time no DQs, and showed as 4/5.

We voted to race, again no DQs. I'm thinking the DQs you lot had at race session were pit related "jump starts" or something.

Anyway, we did the above twice, 100% success rate.

The event goes ahead as planned.

Oh, and if the couple of laps me & Michael or me & Knut had together are any indication of what tomorrow will give forth, it's going to be properly immense. :thumbup:

I saw this while googling "Dijon DQ":
I was always DQed from the race start everytime and ultimately could not race because of it.
it was the people in P1,P2 and P4 that had the DQ's... P3 was ok but it was definately something to do with the pitboxes.
http://www.fgw-team.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=1003

This was all in race, they dont mention qualy as far as I can see. Maybe we'll get the same when the number of drivers increase? Maybe we should have a back-up just in case? Just a thought...

Don't think so, in the end we all sat there like mice. Too frightened to do anything and STILL got DQed! I'd go for the quali/laps thing. Mmm, odd. See ya tomorrow.
I meant that the dodgy pit positions cost you a lap as you rolled over to race session, effectively jumping the starts even though you didn't do anything.

I saw this while googling \\\\\"Dijon DQ\\\\\":

http://www.fgw-team.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=1003

This was all in race, they dont mention qualy as far as I can see. Maybe we'll get the same when the number of drivers increase? Maybe we should have a back-up just in case? Just a thought...

If we start getting that behaviour, I'll reset to something simple and familiar like Northampton or Brianza GP (the Silverstone- and Monza-a-like default tracks respectively). I've taken off the Black Flag rules now as well, in case that helps.

OK Neil - take it easy man. Food poisoning is grim, so look after yourself.

Gents - Ron has supplied me with his version of Dijon (v2.5) for comparison (thank you, Ron), and all the changes I can find in it relate to grid slot and pit garage locations on the track, which between us we are all pretty certain are the culprits for the behaviour.

Ron tells me he hasn't really experienced the issues he had last night before on his server using the v2.0, and v2.5 has always been fine for him.

And, even though we got 100% OK last neight with 4 of us, we are still not 100% certain if the issue will re-raise its head once the numbers swell to Cat Club proportions.

Therefore, the options I present to you, the drivers, are these:-

1. We can continue as planned & try to drive using the current version and hope we've got a workaround using the options we used.

2. I upload Ron's v2.5, we all update our copies, I update the server and we use that for tonight (and I'll keep those preventative settings in place, as well). Bear in mind, it's essentially the same track, same layout, same graphics, done by the same people as v2.0, the only changes are to grid positions & garage positions. Any and all practice you have done so far will be valid - the track layout is unchanged.

3. We change the track for tonight's race, and we do v2.5 next week.

I'm leaning towards option 2 as a "belt and braces" sort of solution.

Please let me know what you think.

I think it's the one that makes most sense - the same layout with better prepared track, small download, easy change.

The more I think about it, the less sense I see in either of the other 2 options.

OK - we will go with Option 2.

All drivers, please download the file below, it's v2.5 of Dijon, and install over the top of your exisiting copy, saying "Yes" to any "Replace" requests you might get.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2308

If I can't get another staff member to update the server in the meantime, I'll do it when I get home (approx 4.00pm GMT)

Damn me, I've been helpful. :biggrin: My usual role is PITA :cool: For what it's worth, I can detect absolutely no difference in track behaviour (bumps etc.) so any practice you've done won't be wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 279 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 191 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%