Caterham 420R / R300 racecars

Cars Caterham 420R / R300 racecars 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
online requires the data.acd
the data folder with all the ini files open is only for solo purposes
the servers online check if the data.acd of the client is the same as the server in order to be accepted

solution would be to compile a new data.acd with the supports_shifter=1 and that all your client have that same file on their drive ;)

Since a lot of people have been asking about the shifter, even though it's official regulation, i will make a s1 version with manual, and data.acd all that all good
and physics? :p

it's called 420R Race for a reason, it's like the RSS GT1 cars, they are sequential gearbox, but yeah, I agree to a point that using the paddles feels nothing but fair, that's why you gotta buy those sequential shifters, in case you download these kind of cars :)

Last edited:
and physics? :p

it's called 420R Race for a reason, it's like the RSS GT1 cars, they are sequential gearbox, but yeah, I agree to a point that using the paddles feels nothing but fair, that's why you gotta buy those sequential shifters, in case you download these kind of cars :)

My go-to guy for physic doesn't have much free time anymore
so we're going over it with a friend, learning from scratch some things and how it all words XD needless to say it's taking a bit of time.
The aim is to match the lap times as much as we can, and trying to get a believable behavior for the car. Which is tricky given the power to weight of this thing, and that i can't drive mine on open roads like that or i'll lose my license :D
but yeah hopefully we'll get there and i can finally release the 1.0 ...
Oh, and the LODs ... damn LODs...

My go-to guy for physic doesn't have much free time anymore
so we're going over it with a friend, learning from scratch some things and how it all words XD needless to say it's taking a bit of time.
The aim is to match the lap times as much as we can, and trying to get a believable behavior for the car. Which is tricky given the power to weight of this thing, and that i can't drive mine on open roads like that or i'll lose my license :D
but yeah hopefully we'll get there and i can finally release the 1.0 ...
Oh, and the LODs ... damn LODs...
this guy knows, you can teach him 3d and viceversa @Kyuubeey

@Ben O'Bro

Sure, I could help. Don't have too much time for complete scratch made physics anymore, but I probably do have enough to help implement and correct some stuff. Just about only thing I can't do is tires with proper custom curves: you'll likely want papa for that. Everything else is go. Although I know jack about Caterhams.

PM me and stuff.

@Ben O'Bro

Sure, I could help. Don't have too much time for complete scratch made physics anymore, but I probably do have enough to help implement and correct some stuff. Just about only thing I can't do is tires with proper custom curves: you'll likely want papa for that. Everything else is go. Although I know jack about Caterhams.

PM me and stuff.
you'll fall in love with Caterhams, rear end is tricky afaik

Wanna drive the 420 at night ?
It also has H support...
New folder, new car : http://benobro.org/sub/bo_420r_race_h_190528.7z
you'll just need to take skins from here
It will be included for future release of the 420r
you know, in 2023 somewhere when we finish it...

few screens: (the lights are actually the screws of the fan :D
20190528221616_1.jpg

20190528221609_1.jpg

20190528221604_1.jpg

We had a quick drive round Feldbergring (+Sol and CSP) with them, 48 hours in 1 hour.. quite, quite superb! Huge handful though, trying to not lock up and get down the gears while h&t'ing is a massive challenge :thumbsup:

The only slight issue with the glowing screw solution is that you can't see anyone in your mirrors until they're almost on top of you. Still, who needs mirrors anyway :laugh:

Love the h shifter version!What a fun car to drive after some setup adjustment to my liking to me one of the best AC mods.Cant get tyres to get green colour in tyres app no metter what I do with them or suspension they are blue..same as non h shifter version.Bug?

Last edited:
This makes no mention of a qualifying tyre so not sure what those comments were about on YT. Some useful part info and numbers so worth a read through if you haven't already.
http://www.brscc.co.uk/sites/default/files/files/2018_Regulations/2018 Caterham Seven 420R Championship Regulations (W).pdf
There is no qually tyre. But brand new avon zzr are about 1% lower lap times for the first 10-15 miles. The performance levels off and the tyres then last the rest of a race weekend very slowly deteriorating with wear.

Well you might consider this mod "unfinished" but it's great enough that we've selected it for our current season on SimRacingSystem. It's a challenge to drive but that only adds to the fun. Our first event had some fantastic, close battles. Thanks for a great contribution to the AC mod universe. :D
(Focus on the 3/4 of the race that was great fun vs. the final 1/4 after I got frustrated by punts. ;))

Well you might consider this mod "unfinished" but it's great enough that we've selected it for our current season on SimRacingSystem. It's a challenge to drive but that only adds to the fun. Our first event had some fantastic, close battles. Thanks for a great contribution to the AC mod universe. :D
(Focus on the 3/4 of the race that was great fun vs. the final 1/4 after I got frustrated by punts. ;))
that's awesome :D
thanks a lot for sharing
awesome to see people made skins for it too :)

if any mistakes come up, or any feedback, i'll be sure to add it to the to do list

i've been away from the caterham scene for a while now, but i still plan on finishing 1.0 that 420r / r300 ...
then there's a 420r street, and then there's my social life back

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea