F1 2010 Catalunya and R&D questions (I cant understand it)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Ok first off, Catalunya, my question is, clean driving, is there any way to actually beat the computer on legendary? I am driving for mercedes in my 4th season. In the 3rd season, I was driving for Ferrari, and I placed 6th at the end of the race. I got held up a little bit in the pits, I would have finished 4th possibly 3rd otherwise.

Has anyone here actually legitmatly beat the comp on legendary? I don't see how its possible, even with me lapping consistent 1:23.xxx it doesnt matter, if a cpu passes you, you cant catch them. What I think I am going to do this time is purposly ram every comp that gets too close off the track, hopefully forcing some of them to pit. After all, they are faster than anyone could ever drive in those cars, so eff it hahaha.

My other question is, I do not understand Research and Development AT ALL. I have even looked up supposed guides and still I dont understand. At the beginning of season 4, mercedes made me number 1 driver, so I assumed I would get to choose the research path. Wrong, it started as balanced. At least I had the fast throttle on the 3rd race...

Anyways, what does each path mean/do. Heres what I have so far.

Balanced - A medium between upgrades current year and next year.

Intermediate - Not as much current year upgrades but next year better car?

Agressive - Completly focused on upgrades for current year.

What I don't understand is, what is the point of next year? How will I know the car is better next year, will I only see the results if I stay with the team again next season? Its not like you start with upgrades right on yur car start of the new season right? So technically Agressive would be the best choice right? You would get all the good upgrades sooner?

Ugh, I don't understand, if someone could make detailed sense of this in a idiotproof way, that would be really really nice of them.

Have you searched existing threads? There are many discussions about Catalunya and about R&D.
To what "supposed guides" do you refer?
I'm sorry my friend but your post gives me the impression that you haven't done your homework and find it easier to ask others while insulting their work.
Why would anyone go to the effort of
"make detailed sense of this in a idiotproof way,"

I think you read into what I said a little too much. Sorry if I offended you, I am just trying my best to understand R&D, so I am asking someone to explain it to me in simple terms that I couldnt possibly confuse, and I looked up the question I had on google and I was unable to find something that helped me understand.

As you can see the questions I have above are what I need answered if I am to understand this, and what I have seen in my search on the net is that, nothing has answered them.

As to Catalunya, a simple "yes its been done" or "no its not possible" would suffice, although I'd appreciate more detail than that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back