I just did. Looks like a few new projects on there, but everything still in alpha or beta and none of the older stuff finished....As a consumer I'd like to see some finished works, with at least one or several being released for free before I put any of my money down.
I totally understand this point of view, and I encourage you to wait until we release a few of our mods to the public. The 1906 Renault AK GP car is very close and I hope to have it available on our website for free at www.historicsimstudios.com by the end of this month. I encourage you to try it out then!

I just did. Looks like a few new projects on there, but everything still in alpha or beta and none of the older stuff finished....As a consumer I'd like to see some finished works, with at least one or several being released for free before I put any of my money down.
Having supported them for some time, I'm not sure what the simplest way is to put it...they are the best out there, by an absolute mile. In terms of the quality of their work, I don't believe anybody else comes close.

Having supported them for some time, I'm not sure what the simplest way is to put it...they are the best out there, by an absolute mile. In terms of the quality of their work, I don't believe anybody else comes close.
Thank you for the kind words.

I would say that RSS and VRC's latest releases are a step ahead of most of our content. However, I would confidently say that we are the 3rd best paid mod studio for Assetto Corsa. We have no plans to rest on our laurels and we strive to create mods that are better than our last with a goal of being the very best.

Last edited:
I'm a former subscriber to the HSS patreon, the last mod I got to alpha-test was the '37 Mercedes w25 Streamliner, and I can definitely say that everybody's gonna be in for a treat and a half once these mods get finished and released onto the studio's main website.

Personally, my most anticipated pack to see released is the Blitzen Beasts, which has all of my favorite cars of the pre-ww1 era

One thing people have to remember is that HSS cannot charge for most of our mods, as they are active brands/makes, etc. Patreon helps us by allowing people to support our development of these free mods, and as a thank you, I offer the ability to help test and develop those mods before they are officially released.

The alternative is defunct brands or using generic names for non-actively produced cars. But in a world of strict licensing we just have to be very careful.

The Patreon support helps us out tremendously, and currently covers roughly $430 for the production of each mod. Once we reach $2,000 a month on Patreon my expenses for each car will be almost always covered. Currently HSS makes up the difference with contract projects, where we ghost produce cars for other sim racing developers. Currently we charge $6,000+ for contract projects that include confidentiality and a complete transfer of all rights in the project to the client. These contract projects typically take us 3-4 months to complete and bring in the necessary additional funding for HSS to operate. Thankfully, halfway through this year I was able to stop subsidizing HSS and I look forward to hopefully turning a small but nice profit by the halfway point of next year.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back