CART Extreme for AMS - (Out now! See mods section!)

AMS_CART2.201661517337.jpg

CART Extreme for AUTOMOBILISTA is the official conversion of the classic original Racing Line Development´s CART Factor mod for rFactor, previously converted to Stock Car Extreme and now further revised to include all of AMS´s extra features.

Download CART Extreme here

CART Extreme for Automobilista will bring:
  • Updated physics running at AMS´ standard-setting 720hz frequency for the most accurate CART experience ever!
  • Uses all of AMS extra features - tire dirt pickup, flatspotting, advanced transmission modelling;
  • Updated car shaders and detailed LCD displays following AMS standards;
  • Moveable driver arms (from TV camera only);
  • Revamped sounds
Along with all features from the original mod:
  • Full CART 1998 field (28 cars)
  • 4 unique chassis (Reynard, Lola, Swift & Penske)
  • 4 engines (Honda, Ford, Mercedes, Toyota)
  • 2 tire manufacturers (Firestone & Goodyear)
  • 4 chassis specifications for road, short oval and speedway tracks

American tracks will come along with the mod :

• Vanport (to come with the release)
  • Laguna Seca (to come soon)

And probably others along the summer if quality is good enough to do a decent job on them.

Note : Jacarepagua, included in AMS, was also a track of the 1998 season.
Road Atlanta is an american track which is already available. It is not a track of the 1998 calendar but it is so great to drive the CART there.:D

Stay tuned!

AMS_CART1.jpg AMS_CART3.jpg AMS_CART4.jpg AMS_CART5.jpg AMS_CART6.jpg AMS_CART8.jpg AMS_CART9.jpg AMS_CART10.jpg AMS_CART11.jpg AMS_CART13.jpg

I have not decided yet what to update tbh. Most of tracks I updated for GSC are not good to maintain the AMS conversions I do know. Very poor mesh or models... If I decide to rework them, dont expect miracles.

Anyway, I have started to update an Oval because you will need one ;)
Here again dont expect miracles because initial track was really poor in terms of conception.
Redoing things to raise up the quality (grass, crowd, textures, road lines, etc) :

fontana01.2016618163539.jpg

Great stuff Patrick.

Don't worry, we all know Toronto, Vancouver, Belle Isle, Long Beach, and most of the ovals are at a very basic level. We would never let them besmirch your reputation as the best track artist around.

Maybe we can substitute some of the other great quality tracks without losing too much CART flavour:
Road America (of course)
Montreal
Brands Hatch
Sebring?
Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez?

But Cleveland is mandatory :D.

Great stuff Patrick.

Don't worry, we all know Toronto, Vancouver, Belle Isle, Long Beach, and most of the ovals are at a very basic level. We would never let them besmirch your reputation as the best track artist around.

Maybe we can substitute some of the other great quality tracks without losing too much CART flavour:
Road America (of course)
Montreal
Brands Hatch
Sebring?
Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez?

Montreal already existing, and brands will come with Brit pack. Road america will come later if possible, with an other source than the one used before.
There was a strange bug at LAguna finally solved after long hours of searching, I think you will like this one.

Good news about Road America. But sorry, I misspoke :redface:. I was trying to think of tracks we already have and I meant to say :
Road Atlanta (of course :rolleyes:)
Montreal
Brands Hatch

I had Road America and Mid-Ohio in the back of my brain as possibilities - hence my faux pas. I didn't mean to assume you would be doing Elkhart.

Fontana's looking great. And Laguna and Portland are two of my absolute favourite tracks ... anywhere, so I'm very excited about your latest posts.

Awesome, Fontana is a great fast oval track and I have its GSCE version installed to my AMS currently :thumbsup:
This. Cleveland is s track that is truly one of a kind. There simply is no substitute :cool:

Not that I wouldn't like to see tracks like Long Beach converted, too. rF/GSCE version, for example, definitely has quite basic mesh and I can see Patrick's point. Then again, not ever having those tracks for AMS CART Extreme with dynamic road features isn't any better IMO :p All I can do is wish that many of those tracks are something Patrick sees worthwile to convert and thus us to enjoy, even with some faults :)

I have not decided yet what to update tbh. Most of tracks I updated for GSC are not good to maintain the AMS conversions I do know. Very poor mesh or models... If I decide to rework them, dont expect miracles.

Anyway, I have started to update an Oval because you will need one ;)
Here again dont expect miracles because initial track was really poor in terms of conception.
Redoing things to raise up the quality (grass, crowd, textures, road lines, etc) :

fontana01.2016618163539.jpg
How will the track ruber work on ovals? Because on some like Fontana you can use many lines on the turns

Well, the good news is that with the cars back then and the track surface back then and in the track for SCE it's much, much more single file than what it is today now that the track has broken down. If you go check out the races from the late 90s the rubber is only about 1/3 of the way up the track while now they run up by the wall.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this Pat.Your skills and hard work are much appreciated. I'm nursing a truly horrendous hangover this morning, and this news has cheered me up.But saying that,I do need to vomit!:(

• Deleted member 130869

Vancouver is a very fun challenge but the SCE port had the typical rF1 look, it does seem extremely unlikely much will be done. But any improvements, even if just toning down the contrast and giving some depth would be very welcome. Long Beach too, but that road mesh... geez.

The hard work from all people involved in these conversions and improvements is appreciated. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back