CART Extreme for AMS - (Out now! See mods section!)

AMS_CART2.201661517337.jpg

CART Extreme for AUTOMOBILISTA is the official conversion of the classic original Racing Line Development´s CART Factor mod for rFactor, previously converted to Stock Car Extreme and now further revised to include all of AMS´s extra features.

Download CART Extreme here

CART Extreme for Automobilista will bring:
  • Updated physics running at AMS´ standard-setting 720hz frequency for the most accurate CART experience ever!
  • Uses all of AMS extra features - tire dirt pickup, flatspotting, advanced transmission modelling;
  • Updated car shaders and detailed LCD displays following AMS standards;
  • Moveable driver arms (from TV camera only);
  • Revamped sounds
Along with all features from the original mod:
  • Full CART 1998 field (28 cars)
  • 4 unique chassis (Reynard, Lola, Swift & Penske)
  • 4 engines (Honda, Ford, Mercedes, Toyota)
  • 2 tire manufacturers (Firestone & Goodyear)
  • 4 chassis specifications for road, short oval and speedway tracks

American tracks will come along with the mod :

• Vanport (to come with the release)
  • Laguna Seca (to come soon)

And probably others along the summer if quality is good enough to do a decent job on them.

Note : Jacarepagua, included in AMS, was also a track of the 1998 season.
Road Atlanta is an american track which is already available. It is not a track of the 1998 calendar but it is so great to drive the CART there.:D

Stay tuned!

AMS_CART1.jpg AMS_CART3.jpg AMS_CART4.jpg AMS_CART5.jpg AMS_CART6.jpg AMS_CART8.jpg AMS_CART9.jpg AMS_CART10.jpg AMS_CART11.jpg AMS_CART13.jpg

Yeah Troy you can make pretty much any RF1 or SCE track work in AMS with little to no modding. I have all of the CART 1998 tracks in game. Now if only we knew how to do what Patrick the magician knows how to do. :)
I tried making new AI for Nazareth however they really dont do well there and it quickly becomes follow the leader and no one ever passes. I made new AI for Twin Ring since the original track didn't have working AI, but when they are packed up sometimes they will drive onto the apron and spin out occasionally. I wish i could trick the AI into thinking there is a wall there but oh well. I did make the AI pit exit and entrance at Nazareth, Twin Ring, and Homestead pretty smooth.

Yeah Troy you can make pretty much any RF1 or SCE track work in AMS with little to no modding. I have all of the CART 1998 tracks in game. Now if only we knew how to do what Patrick the magician knows how to do. :)
Would not be enough unfortunately. Meshes are so old in many cases that it is really really hard to do something if you want to do the job correctly. I gave up for many of them, time wasted. Anyway, perhaps it is possible to pack something "unofficial" , without dynamic track or other improvements.

i really hope other cart tracks coming soon,

cleveland (i know, its a airport ;) ), Road America,
houston, vancouver, toronto, detroit, long beach, surfers, miami bay.
these are my favorite cart tracks.

testing today vanport with chicane in an offline race, and the AI is really
great, no collision in the chicane :)

Fantastic mod, loving it.

However I have noticed a deadzone on the accelarator. The throttle is at least 10-15% registered in game, yet the car is not responding.

I have attached a screen shot, showing the throttle applied (bar in green on HUD) is recognised in game, yet my revs are still at idle.

I played about for ages, calibrating my pedals and so on thinking it was them. Also ensured all deadzones at 0, in sim and calibrated in pedal software correctly (Leo Bodnar G25/G27).

Picture on link below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjvdq7wxyicwnlv/20160628211409_1.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjvdq7wxyicwnlv/20160628211409_1.jpg?dl=0
Thanks again for the mod and the tracks. oooooooooo the tracks.....................so many and so good.

i really hope other cart tracks coming soon,

cleveland (i know, its a airport ;) ), Road America,
houston, vancouver, toronto, detroit, long beach, surfers, miami bay.
these are my favorite cart tracks.

testing today vanport with chicane in an offline race, and the AI is really
great, no collision in the chicane :)
I'm also hoping for Cleveland. Funny thing is, IRL I hated it when CART ran at Cleveland, I thought it was boring. But, virtually I love this track :thumbsup:

I must say that I think that the overall physics paggage of this mod is pretty much spot on. I've been mostly racing on Laguna Seca, one of my all time favourite tracks, and spent also quite a lot of time setting up the car for the track.

Default setup doesn't IMO work at all in Laguna Seca, especially when aiming to be able to race longer races (50+ laps) with 25+ laps stints. Default setup is just so understeery especially on this track that even if you can push somewhat competitive laps against 100-105% or so AI with considerably high fuel load, you overheat and destroy your front tires really fast. So my main objective was to reduce the understeer and make car behave less like a brick on the track. Although I got the behaviour a lot better, the understeer was still there on fast corners, although not nearly that drastic. Only way to get it off was using over the top oversteering car which made it pretty much impossible to drive.

At somepoint I went to check 1998 race from YouTube, mainly to see how the cars pitstopped so that I can make my and AI's pit strategy somewhat correct. At one point of the race announcer was talking about Richie Hearn and how he and his team have had difficult time setting the car up and they are too much understeery, although on this particular track everyone are, but he has it just much worse to the point of being a problem.

So when it comes to the behaviour of the car on Laguna, it seems to be spot on and you really need to pay extra attention to your tires on this track :thumbsup:

Default setup doesn't IMO work at all in Laguna Seca
Default setup is just so understeery especially on this track

Since AMS is new to me, Can anyone share their Laguna Seca setup?
I'm running 1:13 laptimes, but I have nothing to compare to other than AI (@ 105), but they're kicking my *ss.

I'm running maximum downforce due to the understeer then oversteer, but i can't seem to accelerate as fast as AI coming off corners. Throttle seems slow to respond coming out of corners and if I adjust gearing to be more in the powerband I get a bunch of wheel spin.

I haven't done a lot of work on a set up but I managed to get a lot less understeer by knocking the rear wing down one click and softening the front suspension and arb a few clicks and lowering the slow bump on the front a little.

I've got to the point where I can handily beat the AI on 103% with that. Still understeers in the middle of the corner if you're not careful. Far from something I'd share unprovoked as a set up but a start for you I hope.

This is just sooooooo good. I first got into sim racing back in '95 with IndyCar Racing then IndyCar Racing 2. This brings back memories.....

I am going to hunt down the InterWeb and get the tracks for the season. That may be a mission, but I will see how I go and then do a custom offline season.

Just for nostalgia, my most memorable race was a 100% race at Michigan on ICR2, with a joystick, and the last 50 laps chasing down Al Unser Jr. I finished 2nd on his bumper....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back