Car Vs Car: Ferrari SF71H versus Mercedes AMG F1 W09

The Mercedes is the better looking car ( the only one on the grid without a ' stub ' nose ) and , regardless of what Hamilton says , the best performing car . Don't judge the Merc by how Bottas does with it because he should perform far , far better with it .

• Deleted member 6919

Nothing to do with Ross. The Halo is mandated by the FIA.
Who said anything to do with Halo, this a concept car Ross has drawn up for the 2020 season..

Merc all the way. I don't understand the "Ferrari is a Ferrari" logic. So just because it's a Ferrari, you have to like it, or that means it's good? Uh... maybe that would be the case if they were still winning, but it's been 10 years in F1. Seem more like nostalgia than deserved recognition. They aren't bad by any means. They just aren't the Ferrari of old.
Reminds me of a classic scene:
-You can't say that, it's a Ferrari!
-It's a shitbox!

In terms of looks, the base chassis of the W09 wins out. The livery may be boring, but the car has a nicer flow to it, and it doesn't have a typical 2014 ugly nose. This year's Ferrari is generally worse looking in every way compared to its predecessor, and the loss of the white Santander elements hurts the livery big time.

The Ferrari wins just by virtue of being a Ferrari, but it's not their most memorable car. It doesn't help that it's a pain to drive, especially in the rain, and the increased casualization of the sport has made it so people have generally fallen for the "FeRrArI hAvE tHe BeSt CaR :^)" meme just because of the engine (itself only being better because of the acceleration), which is beyond disappointing. It's basically a more boring version of the F2008.
This years full red livery is stunning. If it had the same nose as the Merc i'd say this is the best looking car in the modern era.

f1-belgian-gp-2004-michael-schumacher-ferrari.jpg

V10, Marlboro, 18K RPM, Grooved Slicks....
NEED I SAY MORE

I think people would care less about looks if the racing was more entertaining.
Probably true , but imo we've seen worse than this year in terms of racing and competition (considering all the new rules and regulations in terms of limited engines, tyres , components and all of the things that requires a lawyer to even grasp ... ) If Vettel was a little bit "colder" in a couple of gp , we could be looking at a very open championship fight right now ... But Hamilton seems to never make a mistake and Seb probably too many at this point ...

vettel is cry baby i hate him, hamilton is the fastest ,kimi is the coolest, bottas is just slow, verstappen or like we here finland say(Perstappi)is corner cutter.F1 is so boring.
I hate payouts, or amateur drivers

would love to see someone else winning a championship for a change, but I cant' see that happening , Ferrari had the edge at the beginning of the seaons, but Mercedes is dominating once again :(

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.