Car Vs Car: Ferrari SF71H versus Mercedes AMG F1 W09

I'm skeptical about Ferrari's engine offering the most performance. I've heard many times this season from multiple sources that Mercedes tend to run more downforce - generally meaning more drag - than Ferrari.

Looks wise, the Merc is probably nicer shaped but it's not red nor has a Ferrari logo :)...Either way, the cars are still ugly compared to pre-2009 cars...The cars are so ridiculously narrow. The 2017 car bodies are nicer than 09-16 because the suspension arms stick out further and the rear-wing and tyres are wider but the car bodies themselves are still very narrow - the extra width is an illusion because of the suspension arms, rear wing, and tyres.

About the sound...they all sound like absolute garbage. They just sound like loud, whining vacuum cleaners. I've never fast forwarded F1 races in my life until 2014. I can't enjoy practice sessions like I used to and tend to skip a lot of them. It can feel quite stale at times.

When watching the end of an F1 broadcast and you sometimes hear a GP2 car or, heck, even a Porsche Supercup car in the background and get a rush and practically an orgasm from it's sound, you know something is wrong with F1.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Forum trophies