Car Vs Car: Ferrari SF71H versus Mercedes AMG F1 W09

We miss people like Mansell! Very fast F1 driver strong personality
They didn't have to market themselves like they do today. They didn't have to maintain a social media presence that could blow up in their faces in one post.

The fact is if those guys were around today they wouldn't last. The social mob would have run them from the sport and it wouldn't matter how talented they were.

The modern consumer (we're not fans anymore, we're customers) wouldn't accept the kind of behaviour that was common back then, so they'd either have to toe the line like the current drivers do or just find something else to do.

Difficult to say Scuderia Ferrari and Mercedes Benz have been around as long as Grandprix racing. I guess if you drove a Ferrari you would be a hero in Italy. The church bells ring after each win.
But the politics is hard to live with espeshaly when the car car is below standard of the opposition so Mercedes would be a less publicized and media oriented.

The Merc all day.
Looks beautiful, sounds beautiful (especially when it's deccelerating and changing gears I just love it), and it's better.
Oh and it has a star on it, not a stupid horse... :)

They didn't have to market themselves like they do today. They didn't have to maintain a social media presence that could blow up in their faces in one post.

The fact is if those guys were around today they wouldn't last. The social mob would have run them from the sport and it wouldn't matter how talented they were.

The modern consumer (we're not fans anymore, we're customers) wouldn't accept the kind of behaviour that was common back then, so they'd either have to toe the line like the current drivers do or just find something else to do.

Sadly this is true. There is no way that James Hunt would have even been close to an F1 ride, or Hesketh an owner, if they tried to pull their hijinks today.

I am not saying Hunt and Hesketh should not be looked at in the light of heroes but their type of joie d'vivre that they exhibited was commonplace in racing of all forms, to a certain extent.

As an old fart I lament those days because I was a kid and only knew racers went fast and lived faster. It was a profession but on treated more as a hobby by many as opposed to a business.

The attitude showed in how cars were constructed, how they were marketed, and how they were raced.

Do not get me wrong, I do not say that those days were better, they just resonate more than the antiseptic way teams and drivers present themselves today.

Gonna go out now and shout at clouds to get off my lawn.

I like Max he is from my country that is why I follow the F1 today. Some changes not always good... the sound of the 80,s and 90,s F1 cars are a lot better than today ;)
yeah, but that's also true for road cars :)

funny, based on your nickname I thought you're from Czech Rep. since it means "musician" :)

Max calmed down a bit, which is good for him, since he was bit too eager at times

f1-belgian-gp-2004-michael-schumacher-ferrari.jpg

V10, Marlboro, 18K RPM, Grooved Slicks....
NEED I SAY MORE

I hated the grooved slicks. And the Marlboro branding. Or any sh*tty tobacco sponsorship.

However, the shade of red on that Ferrari is fantastic. I don't like the shade of red Ferrari uses now.

The best looking Ferraris always have some white element: on the wings, on the engine cover, etc. It's always better looking than the all-red liveries.

I hated the grooved slicks. And the Marlboro branding. Or any sh*tty tobacco sponsorship.

However, the shade of red on that Ferrari is fantastic. I don't like the shade of red Ferrari uses now.

The best looking Ferraris always have some white element: on the wings, on the engine cover, etc. It's always better looking than the all-red liveries.

The shade of the red was amazing on the 2008 Ferrari ;) Dat dark red was amazing

So dose F1 there are no clones
Each car is independent in design. The rules make it hard for the designers to get to creative otherwise you would not have a level playing field. But minor things in airo when you look real close make a difference. Sadly if it works other teams will do there own version of it. Just look at Hamillton after the race on the before the green room looking at the Ferrari. Or Vettel looking at the AMG Mercedes. There must be a difference in these tow cars or they would not be so curious.:geek:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%