CamInfo

Apps CamInfo 1.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
When I want to generate a new file, I get the message that there are 0 things generated. Am I missing something? I have a fast_lane.AI
hmm, just tried an track without any cams, ui is messe dup, but it generates one...

maybe only the msg is wrong it created a file?
or maybe post your
documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\py_log.txt? after you have used that button? (logs get overwritten every new session)

Last edited:
no file is created or edited.

Edit: It is definitely my track that is causing the problem, I can generate cameras for stock content.
1689528757681.png

Attachments

• py_log.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Just before I wanted to try this, I edited the fast_lane.ai file with your blender tool. I had to translate the whole line 1000m up. Could that have an influence? The new ai line works and the borders have been updated automatically too as far as I know.

Attachments

• py_log.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 36
Is it possible to import or convert CamTool presets into a cameras.ini file?
For the dynamic parts (moving camera) of CamTool - probably not.

(You can use some spline stuff per camera, see some kunos tracks that use it. They work from camera position and then coords in mentioned csv-files are added to that camera position)

Though if its only about almost same position ... with a VisualStudio Code feature to use a 'multicursor' it should be quite easy (though idk much about camtool format, and no, i dont want to dig into it, unless maybe a 2nd person wants that).

Last edited:
Hello, first of all thanks for this app as it really is a lifesaver for tracks that do not have any track cameras for replay. I created 3 cameras_x.ini's adjusted the camera positions but all first camera in the start (CAMERA_0) are like floating high and not in the position I saved then it goes past the saved position well beyond under the road. What could be the issue?

I tried adjusting the position assuming x,y,z and Z elevation was too high but it seems that Z is not the typical Z elevation with X & Y as longitude and latitude... Anyway can you give some pointers on how I may fix the starting cameras.

Thanks in advance!

Hello, first of all thanks for this app as it really is a lifesaver for tracks that do not have any track cameras for replay. I created 3 cameras_x.ini's adjusted the camera positions but all first camera in the start (CAMERA_0) are like floating high and not in the position I saved then it goes past the saved position well beyond under the road. What could be the issue?

I tried adjusting the position assuming x,y,z and Z elevation was too high but it seems that Z is not the typical Z elevation with X & Y as longitude and latitude... Anyway can you give some pointers on how I may fix the starting cameras.

Thanks in advance!
In AC and with this app the first coordinate would be let's call it X, longitudinal, then the second coordinate would be Z axis or up-down and the last coordinate would be lateral or Y. It's not typical X,Y,Z order of axis.

In AC and with this app the first coordinate would be let's call it X, longitudinal, then the second coordinate would be Z axis or up-down and the last coordinate would be lateral or Y. It's not typical X,Y,Z order of axis.
ahhh thats why it moved the point ground wise instead of vertical thanks for that... can you explain why the fist camera was above instead of the saved position and as you play the replay it drifts downward WAY past the saved position and under the road then bounce back up to the desired (approximate) position. Thanks for all the help

ahhh thats why it moved the point ground wise instead of vertical thanks for that... can you explain why the fist camera was above instead of the saved position and as you play the replay it drifts downward WAY past the saved position and under the road then bounce back up to the desired (approximate) position. Thanks for all the help
I have no idea without seeing a file. You can tweak the cameras file in the Notepad after you've done making a cam set. Sounds like there is left in a reference to a spline .csv file which is basically a 3D path for the camera. It is used to simulate a camera dolly, that will move a camera up-down, left-right or like a drone camera... If you want it removed, find the correct camera entry in the file and look if there is a reference to a csv file in the SPLINE= section. So if you don't want it, leave it blank after the equal sign.
1706953076166.png

I have no idea without seeing a file. You can tweak the cameras file in the Notepad after you've done making a cam set. Sounds like there is left in a reference to a spline .csv file which is basically a 3D path for the camera. It is used to simulate a camera dolly, that will move a camera up-down, left-right or like a drone camera... If you want it removed, find the correct camera entry in the file and look if there is a reference to a csv file in the SPLINE= section. So if you don't want it, leave it blank after the equal sign.
View attachment 726634

That did it! The splines are making the cameras behave erratically. Thank you for that information

Since some of the information are already provided by you in the past but do you know what are these other parameters are:
FORWARD=
UP=
SHADOW_SPLIT...(X)=
NEAR PLANE=
FAR PLANE=
DOF_(various)=
others

I'm really liking this tool. I can make my own replay cameras on track that do not have them. Let me know if there are other documentations, reference or supplementary tools and apps that I could use with them. Again, thank you for the answers!

That did it! The splines are making the cameras behave erratically. Thank you for that information

Since some of the information are already provided by you in the past but do you know what are these other parameters are:
FORWARD=
UP=
SHADOW_SPLIT...(X)=
NEAR PLANE=
FAR PLANE=
DOF_(various)=
others

I'm really liking this tool. I can make my own replay cameras on track that do not have them. Let me know if there are other documentations, reference or supplementary tools and apps that I could use with them. Again, thank you for the answers!
It's a great tool! The FORWARD= and UP= are coordinates as well but used only for static cams. That would be IS_FIXED= option. If you set that option to 0, it will make it like a regular type camera that follows a car. And setting it to 1, it will turn on FIXED or static camera which is just looking at a point on track while the cars pass by. First you position the camera on track and that would be with the POSITION= coordinates like the normal cam. Then you need to tell the camera where to look. It needs two points in space for that, one for FORWARD and one for UP. You can read all those coordinates from this Caminfo app and you can make both these types of cameras there of course.
SHADOW_SPLIT I tried before but without much change so I'm not using it and leaving it to default. Best to to use some default values from Kunos.
NEAR_PLANE and FAR_PLANE is best to use default values of 0.1 for near and let's say 5000 for far. The units for this are in meters. You should google to get a detailed explanation. Anyway it tells to the game engine (like a 3D window) what distances from the camera to render. Any object close to the camera that is closer than the NEAR_PLANE distance will not be rendered anymore. Same for objects farthest away from the camera, with the FAR_PLANE will not be rendered if they are farther away than the FAR_PLANE distance value.
DOF parameters are for Depth of field and focus, but I use just auto DOF (setting is DOF_MANUAL=0).

Thx @FFF789 for all the detailed answers, I could never be so comprehensive!
though also see how it was done without CSP

Last edited:
Thx @FFF789 for all the detailed answers, could never be so comprehensive!
though also see how it was done without CSP
Oh yes I know all about that, as this is how I as well did several of my first cams. But csp and your app saved a lot of time and that's when I went on some track cam spree :D it became much more easier and more fun to just edit cams while watching a replay at the same time

It's a great tool! The FORWARD= and UP= are coordinates as well but used only for static cams. That would be IS_FIXED= option. If you set that option to 0, it will make it like a regular type camera that follows a car. And setting it to 1, it will turn on FIXED or static camera which is just looking at a point on track while the cars pass by. First you position the camera on track and that would be with the POSITION= coordinates like the normal cam. Then you need to tell the camera where to look. It needs two points in space for that, one for FORWARD and one for UP. You can read all those coordinates from this Caminfo app and you can make both these types of cameras there of course.
SHADOW_SPLIT I tried before but without much change so I'm not using it and leaving it to default. Best to to use some default values from Kunos.
NEAR_PLANE and FAR_PLANE is best to use default values of 0.1 for near and let's say 5000 for far. The units for this are in meters. You should google to get a detailed explanation. Anyway it tells to the game engine (like a 3D window) what distances from the camera to render. Any object close to the camera that is closer than the NEAR_PLANE distance will not be rendered anymore. Same for objects farthest away from the camera, with the FAR_PLANE will not be rendered if they are farther away than the FAR_PLANE distance value.
DOF parameters are for Depth of field and focus, but I use just auto DOF (setting is DOF_MANUAL=0).

Thanks for all of these (vital) info! You and "Please Stop This" saved a lot of replays being shredded to the bins (jk). Anyway all these documentations and discussions would be worthwhile to others too who were in the same predicament as I was before your clarifications. THank you so much!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.