Resource icon

Apps Camber Extravaganza 2.2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I've been trying to use this app on and off for months and I get that you want your outside tires to be as close to green as possible on hard turns... but what do all the numbers mean? One person on the first page of this thread suggested freezing the app at maximum input on apexes, which I thought was a good idea, as I typically have to record a good lap with OBS and then watch it back to see the colors for the wheels.

It'd be super if 1) it was easier to read at the most strenuous moments on the track and 2) you added a legend to your "How to Use" section under overview of exactly what the number respresent and how to use them to tweak camber in the setup.
When the tires get red it means positive camber has been achieved. You almost never want to achieve positive camber. You wanna mess with the camber until you are never in the red.

Nah, I get that. I'm just thinking... do those numbers that show up in the center of the graphic indicate how many degrees of rotation I need to compensate for, or what it currently is showing, or... ? Really point #1 is more important... if I could see the moment things go red and by how much, dialing it in with the setup would be pretty trivial.

Nah, I get that. I'm just thinking... do those numbers that show up in the center of the graphic indicate how many degrees of rotation I need to compensate for, or what it currently is showing, or... ? Really point #1 is more important... if I could see the moment things go red and by how much, dialing it in with the setup would be pretty trivial.
Oh, the numbers in the middle?..... Honestly i have no idea. I assumed it meant for bodyroll or anti roll bar twist but later i think that was not the case. I have no idea what it means.

Switch it to Delta mode, glance over at the big bold numbers at the apex, change your camber in the garage by the number it gives you. You're at -2.6 and it says +0.4, set your camber to -2.2 and you're done.

Honestly though, due to the quadratic equation used to calculate the grip, just getting it in the ballpark gets you 99.7% the way there and the rest should probably be used to balance your car to your driving style instead of eking out that 0.3% while unbalanced. Look at the graph here https://github.com/cpiehl/camber-extravaganza#calculation-details at the grip level between 0 and -2.5 deg, or more specifically around -1.3 to -1.7. The grip level in that whole range is pretty damn close, so just slap on a -1.5 and don't worry too much about it. Understeering a little? Maybe -1.6 on the front will fix that, maybe it won't, but you've got a good ± 0.2 deg to play with that really **won't affect your peak grip at all**.

This also doesn't need to (probably shouldn't) be run during a race, so you have all the time in the world to experiment with corners and get a good result that keeps everything happy over the whole track.

The only thing that fixes the issue is completely restarting my system and not touching camber extravaganza. Any possible idea as to what's going on?

It shouldn't be doing much of anything if you have it disabled, but I know it's not the most efficient app while it's on. That said, it doesn't affect my FPS at all, even in VR. What are your system specs?

The installation worked, the app can be activated in the options and also via content manager, but there is no button in-game! I restarted computer and game several times.

Any recommandations?

No matter what car i use, it tells me i need more camber (red). Max camber is never enough. Any ideas?

Edit: I think i figured out why.
#1 Bumpy track. Smooth sections work fine.
#2 If the rear wheels are sliding, the front goes to red.

Very sensitive!

Last edited:
If you have problems with a mod... Content Manager creates the configuration file with the name of the car's folder but Camber Extravaganza tries to read the configuration file with the name contained in "Documents\Assetto Corsa\setups"
For example the mod "United Racing Design - Darche Cup 2021"
Content Manager will create the file with the name of the car's folder (assettocorsa\content\cars\URD_Darche_cup_2021)
assettocorsa\apps\python\camber-extravaganza\tires_data\added-by-cm.json :
{
"URD_Darche_cup_2021": {
"FRONT": {
"REAR": {
}
but in the folder "Documents\Assetto Corsa\setups" the car has a different name "urd_darche_cup_2021" You need to change to that name in added-by-cm.json :
{
"urd_darche_cup_2021": {
}
and save the file with a name other than "added-by-cm.json" something like "darche2021.json"

Good luck. (English brought to you by Google Translate) :thumbsup:

the app is great, but i can't constantly watch it while driving and still drive well.
can you give an end-of-lap summary averaging target-vs-actual for each corner, (when the wheels are in slip angle) thanks.

the app is great, but i can't constantly watch it while driving and still drive well.
can you give an end-of-lap summary averaging target-vs-actual for each corner, (when the wheels are in slip angle) thanks.
To be honest this kinda bothered me too. Im still thankful for the app, but you really have to know a track well for you to take a look at the numbers. Getting to know stuff like "Max suffered camber" would help you in tuning without having to do it in real time.

I manage to install the application and activate it in Content Manager. But once ready to roll impossible to display it. Anyone know the solution? Thank you all

Man, I've been trying to get this to work for ages.
Deleted the app folder and phyton.ini
Did the integrity check and installed again with CM.
All is checked/turned on but it doesn't show up on the right side.
acnotify.py is nowhere to be found.
neither is sys.path.append.
how can I fix this?

Attachments

• 2023-02-01 (1).png
    2023-02-01 (1).png
    12.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Finally it's sorted out with some help from assettocorsamods.net and a helpful person.

This is what I found in my log:

[camber-extravaganza: error] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "apps/python/camber-extravaganza\camber-extravaganza.py", line 42, in <module>
from third_party.sim_info import info
ImportError: No module named 'third_party.sim_info'

[Sidekick: error] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "apps/python/Sidekick\Sidekick.py", line 36, in <module>
from sidekick_lib.sim_info import info
ImportError: No module named 'sidekick_lib.sim_info'

This is where it was:
1.png

This is where it's supposed to be:
2.png

Copied the file in the correct folder and bingo!
Same goes for Sidekick.
Both working now finally!

App fails for all cars containing capital letters in the car id. e.g. Yzd_Oreca_07_LMP2 or GrA_bmw_m3_e36. This has got to be an easy fix, anyone got any suggestions?

If you have problems with a mod... Content Manager creates the configuration file with the name of the car's folder but Camber Extravaganza tries to read the configuration file with the name contained in "Documents\Assetto Corsa\setups"
For example the mod "United Racing Design - Darche Cup 2021"
Content Manager will create the file with the name of the car's folder (assettocorsa\content\cars\URD_Darche_cup_2021)
assettocorsa\apps\python\camber-extravaganza\tires_data\added-by-cm.json :
{
"URD_Darche_cup_2021": {
}
but in the folder "Documents\Assetto Corsa\setups" the car has a different name "urd_darche_cup_2021" You need to change to that name in added-by-cm.json :
{
"urd_darche_cup_2021": {
}
and save the file with a name other than "added-by-cm.json" something like "darche2021.json"

Good luck. (English brought to you by Google Translate) :thumbsup:
So basically the "added-by-cm.json" file should change the car id to lower case. What creates the added-by-cm file? Surely this could be easily fixed.

I have been trying to get this mod to work for three days now I got sidekick working perfectly fine. I have tried importing the file countless ways into the same area that the sidekick file is. I'm having the same issue as posty1972 from Feb 1st I have also tried doing the same thing posty1972 did to get it working on Feb 4th and that didn't fix it. does anyone have any tips or ideas to get this working. Thank you..

To be honest this kinda bothered me too. Im still thankful for the app, but you really have to know a track well for you to take a look at the numbers. Getting to know stuff like "Max suffered camber" would help you in tuning without having to do it in real time.
I think it would be quite easy for someone with programming experience to lock minimum values for a couple of seconds or so. The same could happen with the tire color coding and app itself could also be visually easier to interpret while racing. I'd be happy to help out with the latter.

I think it would be quite easy for someone with programming experience to lock minimum values for a couple of seconds or so. The same could happen with the tire color coding and app itself could also be visually easier to interpret while racing. I'd be happy to help out with the latter.
Yes I think it would be easy, but I'm not sure it would be useful. Having played with this app on several occasions, I recognise the difficulty of looking at the data while driving, but I also know that the min/max values can be very transient (esp. if kerbs are involved) and they aren't necessarily the ones you want to be using - perhaps more the median values within any given second or so might be a better choice?
In the short term, before making changes to the display code, it might be worth trying to use OBS to record the screen during a test stint and then playing it back - that way you'd be able to take your time about making sense of the data.

Yes I think it would be easy, but I'm not sure it would be useful. Having played with this app on several occasions, I recognise the difficulty of looking at the data while driving, but I also know that the min/max values can be very transient (esp. if kerbs are involved) and they aren't necessarily the ones you want to be using - perhaps more the median values within any given second or so might be a better choice?
In the short term, before making changes to the display code, it might be worth trying to use OBS to record the screen during a test stint and then playing it back - that way you'd be able to take your time about making sense of the data.
I never climb curbs when doing the camber setup. What we usually do is have someone watch it live :D

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea