Resource icon

Apps Camber Extravaganza 2.2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
"
787b works fine for me. Are you sure your mod car's proper name is "Mazda_787b_ACi"? The original is "ks_mazda_787" and it is case sensitive. Look in "%UserProfile%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\log.txt" and Ctrl+F for 787; you should be able to find some reference to the internal name AC uses for the car. That's the name you need at the top of your json file.

No 787 in log.txt.
Now original car works, I don´t understand.

Car's folder: "\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\Mazda_787b_ACi

I entered with the 3 cars we have in the champ, the 787b, the Medical car and the SC. Only Mazda doesn't work.
I deleted the .json file for the Mazda and let the app use the "added-by-cm.json" file. There are the configs it created with every car:

Code:
{
  "porsche_sc_aci": {
    "FRONT": {
      "SM": {
        "DCAMBER_0": 1.2,
        "DCAMBER_1": -13.0,
        "LS_EXPY": 0.8307
      },
      "ST": {
        "DCAMBER_0": 1.1,
        "LS_EXPY": 0.8415
      }
    },
    "REAR": {
        "LS_EXPY": 0.8528
      },
        "LS_EXPY": 0.8636
      }
    }
  }
}
Code:
{
  "gmc_medical_car_aci": {
        "LS_EXPY": 0.8352
      }
    },
        "LS_EXPY": 0.8515
      }
    }
  }
}
Code:
{
  "Mazda_787b_ACi": {
      "S": {
        "DCAMBER_1": -12.0,
        "LS_EXPY": 0.7504
      },
      "M": {
      },
      "H": {
      }
    },
        "LS_EXPY": 0.8226
      },
      },
      }
    }
  }
}

I entered with the 3 cars we have in the champ, the 787b, the Medical car and the SC. Only Mazda doesn't work.
I deleted the .json file for the Mazda and let the app use the "added-by-cm.json" file. There are the configs it created with every car:

Code:
{
  "porsche_sc_aci": {
        "LS_EXPY": 0.8307
      },
        "LS_EXPY": 0.8415
      }
    },
        "LS_EXPY": 0.8528
      },
        "LS_EXPY": 0.8636
      }
    }
  }
}
Code:
{
  "gmc_medical_car_aci": {
        "LS_EXPY": 0.8352
      }
    },
        "LS_EXPY": 0.8515
      }
    }
  }
}
Code:
{
  "Mazda_787b_ACi": {
      },
      },
      }
    },
      },
      },
      }
    }
  }
}
Those configs look like they should work, but I have no idea what "added-by-cm.json" is.

Those configs look like they should work, but I have no idea what "added-by-cm.json" is.

I use Content Manager to manage and load the game. When I enter with a mod car, the Content Manager itself creates this file with the info for your app.
I thought if I create a file called as the car does, the app will use it but use it or not seems to don´t work.

787b works fine for me. Are you sure your mod car's proper name is "Mazda_787b_ACi"? The original is "ks_mazda_787" and it is case sensitive. Look in "%UserProfile%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\log.txt" and Ctrl+F for 787; you should be able to find some reference to the internal name AC uses for the car. That's the name you need at the top of your json file.

I found the error. Folder and .kn5 file have not the same letters, as one is bold and the other doesn't. I made a file called exactly as the .kn5 file and now it works.

Thanks for your help!!!
Best regards!

I use Content Manager to manage and load the game. When I enter with a mod car, the Content Manager itself creates this file with the info for your app.
I thought if I create a file called as the car does, the app will use it but use it or not seems to don´t work.
Interesting, I had no idea Content Manager integrates with my app. Glad to hear you figured it out.

I don't think the Formula 3 is reversed, it just has some crazy suspension geometry. If you drive with one wheel in the grass or over a curb its values noticeably change on the correct side.

Can you try the updated json configs here and see how they work for you?
https://github.com/cpiehl/camber-ex...ber-extravaganza/tyres_data/dallara_f312.json
https://github.com/cpiehl/camber-ex...thon/camber-extravaganza/tyres_data/v8sc.json

I dont know how it could have changed but I was having trouble getting this to work, until i realised when i save a setup the "s" and "ss" are actually upper case like "S" and "SS".
So could you update the file v8sc.json please.
eg.
{
"supercars_ford": {
"DCAMBER_0": 1.65,
"LS_EXPY": 0.7917
},
"SS": {
}
},
},
}
}
},
"supercars_holden": {
},
}
},
},
}
}
},
"supercars_nissan": {
},
}
},
},
}
}
}
}

Sorry for the question:
Where do i find these datas:
{"dcamber0": 1.2, "dcamber1": -13.0, "radius": 0.30815, "ls_expy": 0.8071}
I want to add this car: tcc_audi_rs3
I want to apply these datas for this car, but I don't know where to find: dcamber0, dcamber1, radius,ls_expy...
Thanks for any support

Kind regards
Mark

Forget this - the posts clarifying the matter only showed up after I posted this - got the message, there are more posts, and all covered that topic, is that some funny feature at RD? :)
This looks interesting and could be very helpful. How does one get the DCAMBER_0, DCAMBER_1, and LS_EXPY values? They seem to be different for each car, and I take usually mods out for a spin.

So im having a small issue where the gauges dont appear for the apps. Also when i enable the turbo or tachometer apps the WMMT HUD of yours has its speedo and gear indication light dissapear.

Another small issue is that any change in the settings i do doesn't seem to be saved. When i click to change the theme and i restart it down to the entire game it still wont apply

The CPU load is very high. Does AC not support a more CPU efficient way of rendering and reading data? Many apps pretty much update every render frame unless they run in background on even higher frequency for no reason other than data logging. This affects all apps that spam output every frame but this one really takes the cake.
Is it the data reading or rendering that mostly consumes so much CPU in AC apps?

The CPU load is very high ... Is it the data reading or rendering that mostly consumes so much CPU in AC apps?

Yeah it is. It'll be the rendering if it's only when the graphs are enabled. That said, my computer is about 8 years old and it doesn't hurt my fps, even in VR, so it's been a little hard for me to narrow down performance issues.

Here's some things you can do, in order of effort:
- Only use it for setup; it doesn't make much sense to run it during an actual race. Then your exposure is limited to less critical times.
- Edit camber-extravaganza.py. "graphWidth" on line 60 is set to 150 by default. Each vertical line is one frame of history data, so this value doubles as both width in pixels and how many past frames are saved. Lower this to draw less data in the graphs, and presumably use less CPU.
- If you're a programmer, you could add a feature to draw the graphs every other frame, or find other optimizations. Some of the lines don't change and could be turned into a background image. Maybe an option to disable drawing the "wheels" bit in the center; I only included it because I thought it was interesting to watch and didn't personally hurt my performance. If you do any of this, feel free to send me a pull request and I'll include it in an update for everyone.

I'm not against fixing these performance issues, but I need a guinea pig. Add me on Steam as Chuzuki if you'd like, and we can try to get this ironed out together.

I don't know if it's feasible, but it would be great if this app could work using replay data. It looks like there's some data, but not enough to really understand how my camber was doing.

Can you do an "enhanced" version of this that can show you something similar but with Toe? If the game is realistic and simulates wheels toe in and out when accelerating and braking it would be very useful. Also a color warning (like red background on the tire section) once it reaches past X camber would be another useful tool for people that want to know how much camber to tune to not end up with positive camber.

I've been trying to use this app on and off for months and I get that you want your outside tires to be as close to green as possible on hard turns... but what do all the numbers mean? One person on the first page of this thread suggested freezing the app at maximum input on apexes, which I thought was a good idea, as I typically have to record a good lap with OBS and then watch it back to see the colors for the wheels.

It'd be super if 1) it was easier to read at the most strenuous moments on the track and 2) you added a legend to your "How to Use" section under overview of exactly what the number respresent and how to use them to tweak camber in the setup.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%