Buying advice please - Next Level v3 Motion Platform

I'm looking for some advice and thoughts of other owners or people with good knowledge of the product, please.

I always said I'd buy myself a motion simulator if I could afford one and had the room available. Well, that day may have arrived. I'm impressed by what I've seen of the Next Level v3 Motion Platform

This seems to meet all my criteria:

+ Limited space requirements, I don't have room for a huge sim rig but this seems compact enough to work.
+ Works with Oculus Rift VR, that fixed head position setting solution is impressive
+ Great support and regular updates from the developers
+ Available in the UK
+ Works with my current Thrustmaster wheel and accessories.
+ Sub £3k for the full setup, I'm not a pro racer I'm not looking for a practice simulator this is just for fun so the cost/fun balance has to be right.

So help me do the man maths! Is it worth it?

Is there another similar product I should also look at? It would need to be reasonably compact, work with VR, available in the UK without too much hassle and in the same £3-5K price range.

Is there anywhere I can try one or even better several of the systems in the UK?

WOW guys, just had my first motionless drive in VR in 1,5 years.

It feels so strange and will surely takes some getting used to. I miss the pitch forward during braking the most.

I even suffer from vertigo because my mind can't cope that my body is not moving, so i have to slowly build up racing in VR

Upvote 0
I even feel weird when I am racing with motion, then have a return to pits or just a regular pit stop and let the brakes cool. First corner feels weird as the pitch forward is not nearly as pronounced as before the pit stop, obviously no bite in the pads.

It almost feels like you're being pushed back when you don't get the pitch you're expecting.

Upvote 0
So I put mine together today and ran a few laps running @AntoN_CheZ settings but with the overall intensity at .85. I did try "Intensity 1.0" butI made it about half a lap before my kidneys gave up.

Ran the exact same as my OSW control setup; Nordschleife with 911 RSR stock setup doing hot laps.

I'm really exhausted and was trying not to doze off. Didn't think that was possible with VR but anyway. Quick impressions, you are basically driving the car at this point and making moves in anticipation of what the car is going to do by the seat of the pants. For me, this is how I drive in real life so there was no getting "used to it." My first lap was .2 off my fastest testing lap at 6:43.7 Threw away a 6:39 the next lap due to fatigue and slow reactions. I did not feel that the motion took away from the OSW wheel's amazing feedback. I found there to be great harmony and if anything, an overall more complete solution.

For me, this is just matter of dialing it in and setting sail. I'll post detailed observations post sleep and some distance running over the next couple of days but a big thanks to @Steve D (btw i totally screwed up the drilling and had to think of a plan B. you'll see and laugh!) for getting me hooked and the rest of the crew on here for all their support and assistance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's the idea Rob, use my settings in the post processing tab to tailor the actual movement threshold of the platform, then tune the overall slider to match your preferred overall intensity. You maintain the (in my opinion) more realistic throw and speed settings the the post processing dictates while being easily able to control how strong you want the ride to be.

I also use around .80 when I am actually doing races. All the feeling is still there but it just makes it more tolerable when doing 2 hour stints, like I did last night. Barely felt that it was even on, it's just a natural feeling at this point and that was not even using VR.

Upvote 0
Hello all, long time lurker here and in the last week I've read through this whole thread and decided I really want one of these, so took a chance on a B grade unit at overclockers.co.uk which was delivered at the weekend. £1789, so quite a large £500 saving on the retail price.

The listing was labelled as an unwanted customer return, but I'm not so sure this is the case. The retail packaging was damaged and ripped (original outer box was fine) which I don't mind, but its the unit itself I am concerned about.
It has a few scratches and marks on it, namely on the section where you mount the seat which is to be expected. But also one scratch on the bottom. Also a ding on the side where the bolts go in and this side panel in this location is very slightly dented. Manual was ripped at the top, some of the bolts and buttkicker mount missing but that's okay as bolts are easy to get and I don't own a butticker.

Now I cannot fit the unit to my rig properly until later in the week, but attached the two side plates, set it up on the floor next to my rig and it all works fine. Was playing Project Cars 2 with a controller just sitting on the unit with no seat to test it and it seems to be okay. Fans went to 100% at startup and also once during idle but unit was pretty quiet during use.

Guess I am just looking for what you guys think of this? I'm so so happy that I've got one, even when testing it by just sitting on it without VR I had a massive smile on my face. And I don't think I would pay £2299 for one right now or in the near future, this opportunity pushed it into my price range, and they seem to be becoming harder to come by.

It does seem to have had more use than just a 30 day customer unwanted return, but if you guys think these things are built solidly and would last then I'll keep it. Got a 90 day warranty with it so plan to put it through its paces once I fit it properly.

Upvote 0
Hello all, long time lurker here and in the last week I've read through this whole thread and decided I really want one of these, so took a chance on a B grade unit at overclockers.co.uk which was delivered at the weekend. £1789, so quite a large £500 saving on the retail price.

The listing was labelled as an unwanted customer return, but I'm not so sure this is the case. The retail packaging was damaged and ripped (original outer box was fine) which I don't mind, but its the unit itself I am concerned about.
It has a few scratches and marks on it, namely on the section where you mount the seat which is to be expected. But also one scratch on the bottom. Also a ding on the side where the bolts go in and this side panel in this location is very slightly dented. Manual was ripped at the top, some of the bolts and buttkicker mount missing but that's okay as bolts are easy to get and I don't own a butticker.

Now I cannot fit the unit to my rig properly until later in the week, but attached the two side plates, set it up on the floor next to my rig and it all works fine. Was playing Project Cars 2 with a controller just sitting on the unit with no seat to test it and it seems to be okay. Fans went to 100% at startup and also once during idle but unit was pretty quiet during use.

Guess I am just looking for what you guys think of this? I'm so so happy that I've got one, even when testing it by just sitting on it without VR I had a massive smile on my face. And I don't think I would pay £2299 for one right now or in the near future, this opportunity pushed it into my price range, and they seem to be becoming harder to come by.

It does seem to have had more use than just a 30 day customer unwanted return, but if you guys think these things are built solidly and would last then I'll keep it. Got a 90 day warranty with it so plan to put it through its paces once I fit it properly.
I'd be inclined to document and photograph all the damage and complain to Overclockers that none of this was mentioned in the item description, and that you were expecting an open box return in original sale condition (unless it does actually match their description of what 'B-Grade' is?). I'd push for more money off (at least 10%) or another unit (if they have any). Overclockers have either not inspected the unit when it was returned (which is the likely scenario) or are being slightly untruthful (less likely I think). Do all this ASAP as the longer you leave it, the weaker your case. I'd guess OC would want a quiet life without return/resend postage costs, and without being left with a twice-sold damaged unit that would be harder to sell on, so if you are happy that the damage is cosmetic only and are happy to keep the unit with a partial refund, it's win-win. Mention all the missing parts, fixings etc, and the fact that the unit looks well used. Photograph EVERYTHING clearly. Ask them what the reason for the original buyer returning it was, and what the timeline was between original purchase and return. Good luck.

Post some images here when you have them, I'd be interested to see it.

Upvote 0
I'd be inclined to document and photograph all the damage and complain to Overclockers that none of this was mentioned in the item description, and that you were expecting an open box return in original sale condition (unless it does actually match their description of what 'B-Grade' is?). I'd push for more money off (at least 10%) or another unit (if they have any). Overclockers have either not inspected the unit when it was returned (which is the likely scenario) or are being slightly untruthful (less likely I think). Do all this ASAP as the longer you leave it, the weaker your case. I'd guess OC would want a quiet life without return/resend postage costs, and without being left with a twice-sold damaged unit that would be harder to sell on, so if you are happy that the damage is cosmetic only and are happy to keep the unit with a partial refund, it's win-win. Mention all the missing parts, fixings etc, and the fact that the unit looks well used. Photograph EVERYTHING clearly. Ask them what the reason for the original buyer returning it was, and what the timeline was between original purchase and return. Good luck.

Post some images here when you have them, I'd be interested to see it.

Thanks Mascot, really good advice and it's exactly what I'll do tonight.

Grade B on their site is listed as:
"Below is the original description for this product, any reference to warranty is to be ignored. Warranty for this item is 90 days as with all B Grade items.

B Grade items may have been used, have damaged packaging, missing accessories or a combination of these.

Some items may have scuff marks or slight scratches but should otherwise be an operable product."

With the condition that the item is in regarding scratches, dings and the missing accessories, I'd be more inclined to grade it as a C to be honest...

Will take photos of it tonight, upload them here, and get into disappointed customer mode for a chat to overclockers. Getting more money off to save us both the bother of returning would be ideal...

Upvote 0
Thanks Mascot, really good advice and it's exactly what I'll do tonight.

Grade B on their site is listed as:
"Below is the original description for this product, any reference to warranty is to be ignored. Warranty for this item is 90 days as with all B Grade items.

B Grade items may have been used, have damaged packaging, missing accessories or a combination of these.

Some items may have scuff marks or slight scratches but should otherwise be an operable product."

With the condition that the item is in regarding scratches, dings and the missing accessories, I'd be more inclined to grade it as a C to be honest...

Will take photos of it tonight, upload them here, and get into disappointed customer mode for a chat to overclockers. Getting more money off to save us both the bother of returning would be ideal...
I'd say the dents go above and beyond their description of Grade B so you might have some joy.
I got my brand new NLV3 from Amazon for (I think) £2,100, but when I called to ask them for a UK kettle lead instead of the european plug it came with they refunded me 10% of the original £2,500 selling price, so I ended up paying around £1,850.

I notice Amazon (Box Ltd) are selling these for £3k now. Prices seem to fluctuate wildly as stock remains scarce.

Box Ltd are selling them directly for £2,300 though, same as Overclockers, same as Currys.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd say the dents go above and beyond their description of Grade B so you might have some joy.
I got my brand new NLV3 from Amazon for (I think) £2,100, but when I called to ask them for a UK kettle lead instead of the european plug it came with they refunded me 10% of the original £2,500 selling price, so I ended up paying around £1,850.

I notice Amazon (Box Ltd) are selling these for £3k now. Prices seem to fluctuate wildly as stock remains scarce.

Box Ltd are selling them directly for £2,300 though, same as Overclockers, same as Currys.

One used on eBay (Hampshire) as well for £2,150 with the NL cockpit and seat included:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pagnian-...997093?hash=item3b18507765:g:ePYAAOSwdrlbB9PX

I'd say the dents are beyond a grade B too. They're not massive, the side panel where the mounting bolts are slightly comes away from the top and bottom panel in the middle (could even be a manufacturing defect? Hopefully someone here will be able to tell me once I upload the pics tonight I guess).

Saw them on Amazon (your situation is the dream, £1850 with Amazon customer service!) and Box etc, just slightly out of my price range. Might save up a bit more if this doesn't work out and just get one there for peace of mind later in the year. And have been eyeing that one on eBay but its a bit of a drive for me and he wants cash on collection! Don't want the aggravation of trying to sell the NL cockpit after as I am putting in an order for a Sim Labs TR1 some time this week :)

Upvote 0
And have been eyeing that one on eBay but its a bit of a drive for me and he wants cash on collection! Don't want the aggravation of trying to sell the NL cockpit after as I am putting in an order for a Sim Labs TR1 some time this week :)
Have you asked him if he'd sell the NLV3 on its own, without the cockpit?

Edit: that new TR1 looks cool. Not seen it before.

TR105-e1533415335250.jpg

Upvote 0
Have you asked him if he'd sell the NLV3 on its own, without the cockpit?

Edit: that new TR1 looks cool. Not seen it before.

TR105-e1533415335250.jpg

I haven't but hat might be a route to take if overclockers stand firm. Have to see how it pans out.

Yeah love the look of the TR1 which is what drew me too it. It's a new product which will be in stock from the 1st September. Excited to get a bulletproof and sturdy rig and happy to give these guys my money too, they have gone above and beyond answering my numerous questions.

Upvote 0
I'd agree with what Mascot says but in all honesty once you get it all hooked up, I reckon you will almost forget about the minor issues you're facing if they decide that it is what it is. Saying that, I suspect that you may be able to get a couple more bucks off the price if you asked.

I wouldn't bother sending it back if they refuse to give you more money back, unless of course it has problems during the limited warranty period. Either way, give it a good run and make sure you use it while you have a chance to do something about it.

Upvote 0
I'd agree with what Mascot says but in all honesty once you get it all hooked up, I reckon you will almost forget about the minor issues you're facing if they decide that it is what it is. Saying that, I suspect that you may be able to get a couple more bucks off the price if you asked.

I wouldn't bother sending it back if they refuse to give you more money back, unless of course it has problems during the limited warranty period. Either way, give it a good run and make sure you use it while you have a chance to do something about it.

Yes I fully agree with you, once its on I'll forget all about it and just enjoy using it. Definitely be so so hard to give it back once I've used it a few times, that I am sure of. I mean the scratches and that do not really bother me, the unit is hidden under your seat. It's just the fact I expected it to have a few scratches and what not but was taken aback slightly when I got the unit out and it looks like someone heavy handed has had it before.

But still like you say, I'll try and get a bit more money off, use it thoroughly during these 90 days and see how it goes. Will still provide pics for you lot to look over later so you can hopefully tell me I am making a big fuss out of nothing :)

Upvote 0
Yes I fully agree with you, once its on I'll forget all about it and just enjoy using it. Definitely be so so hard to give it back once I've used it a few times, that I am sure of. I mean the scratches and that do not really bother me, the unit is hidden under your seat. It's just the fact I expected it to have a few scratches and what not but was taken aback slightly when I got the unit out and it looks like someone heavy handed has had it before.

But still like you say, I'll try and get a bit more money off, use it thoroughly during these 90 days and see how it goes. Will still provide pics for you lot to look over later so you can hopefully tell me I am making a big fuss out of nothing :)
My only concern about the dents would be whether they were caused by the unit being dropped. I had to straddle my cockpit like John Wayne mounting a horse, holding the NLV3 away from my body with my 15kg Sparco bolted to it, then kind of squat down to drop the whole assembly into the P1. I reached a point of motion lock where I thought I was going to either drop it on my feet or drop down dead.

Upvote 0
My only concern about the dents would be whether they were caused by the unit being dropped. I had to straddle my cockpit like John Wayne mounting a horse, holding the NLV3 away from my body with my 15kg Sparco bolted to it, then kind of squat down to drop the whole assembly into the P1. I reached a point of motion lock where I thought I was going to either drop it on my feet or drop down dead.

Right, pictures as requested. Would you say this looks like an grade B unwanted customer return?
Pic 1.jpg Pic 2.jpg Pic 3.jpg Pic 4.jpg Pic 5.jpg Pic 6.jpg

Pic 2 and 6 show the scuffs on top, seems like they had a right ordeal trying to get a seat on this thing. Picture 3 is a scuff on the underside of the unit but pictures 4 and 5 are what I am most worried about. 4 shows a large scuff/ding at the end, which seems to have made a crease in the side panel halfway up where the mounting bolts go (pic 5). What do you think?

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Forum trophies