BTInternet emails banned

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
[UPDATE: 05 Feb 18] It's been a month now and BT are still accepting mails. As a result the restriction on registration with their email addresses has been lifted.

As of recently Btinternet emails have been banned as despite our continuing compliance with industry best practices for mail sending and our best efforts through direct contact with BT's own techs, their servers continue to unceremoniously deny all connections from our mail servers.

Inability to deliver mail to them results in users being unable to perform important account actions such as recovering lost passwords. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause but in light of that we have been left with no other choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a bit confused Bram. I have a Btinternet e-mail which is linked to my account here so what exactly does this ban entail for me?
Essentially, nothing at all. Whether you've noticed or not, you won't have been receiving any emails from RD for quite a while**. The ban just means that no new users can sign up with btinternet.com email addresses.
If you were to change your RD account settings to point to a new email address, that would mean you could get email alerts.

**NB: ironically, I just noticed that since we moved the website to a new server (around a week ago), BT are now in fact accepting our emails!
If this continues (a big if, because their policies on blocking email connections are in my opinion rather flawed) we might revisit the decision to prevent signups from such addresses.

It does mean he won't be able to recover his password and could be locked out of his account, unless there is a non-email alternative? Personally I'd just grab a GMail account to be on the safe side.
Agreed. Our ban doesn't change that behaviour though - it just means that no new members would suffer the same issue (the ban only affects new sign-ups).

I have a Btinternet e-mail which is linked to my account here so what exactly does this ban entail for me?
Not much, if you wish to receive notifications and such I suggest change your email address to @gmail or similar.

But I get heaps (HEAPS :) ) of emails from people who don't know why their registration is declined with a banned email from BT so i send them to this link instead :)

Sorry for the inconvenience but we have tried everything with could with BT Internet but without success.

I'm a bit confused Bram. I have a Btinternet e-mail which is linked to my account here so what exactly does this ban entail for me?

I thought it might be worth clarifying what is banned by whom here.

BTinternet does not accept mail from Racedepartment anymore. So for existing accounts you will not get email notifications and worse, you won't be able to go through the password reset procedure. So it would be better to now change to a different email provider while you don't actually need working email.

This is not a ban as in Racedepartment does not allow you to use a BTInternet address anymore. Racedepartment has not banned anything.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back