BTCC Season Finale: Brands Hatch Discussion Thread

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
BTCC Discussion Thread.jpg

Welcome to the central discussion thread for the championship deciding final round of the 2019 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship.

For the second time this season Brands Hatch plays host to the British Touring Car Championship, this weekend entertaining the premier racing series in Great Britain as the bumper field of tin top drivers look to crown the new series champion.

Wet weather looks highly likely to play a large part in proceedings this weekend, adding yet another very important element into the mix for the 2019 BTCC drivers championship fight.

Series leader Colin Turkington heads into the Brands Hatch weekend as title favourite thanks to his 16 point advantage over Honda Yuasa Racing driver Dan Cammish, but with BMW team mate Andy Jordan only a further point adrift, and the impressive Josh Cook and Tom Ingram lurking in contention down in fourth and fifth, the title race really is wide open heading into the first of three races on Sunday afternoon.

The Brands Hatch Grand Prix configuration is one of the most spectacular in British motorsport, and a fitting venue to end what has been a spectacular season of racing.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Jason will "probably" not win the championship this year, but he's in first ten in general (and higher than "karate kid" aka Matt Neal) so not bad afterall. Still, a podium in Brands would be nice coping stone of the season...

Mike Murphy

Premium
Decided to go to Brands with the children to watch the racing tomorrow - can anyone recommend time to arrive by to be able to park on Southbank? Hopefully it's not too wet that they stop people from parking there...

I’m not sure but south bank parking is or was usually done at the point of ticket booking. I don’t believe you can just rock up and park but I could be completely wrong.

SPOILER ALERT

Before the last three races I was hoping anyone but Turkington would win, just because he was the favourite, after race two I was rooting for Colin. Can't believe he actually did it! BTCC :inlove:

BTCC championship deciders are always exciting & this one was brilliant.Matt Neals move in the second race was dubious but part of team racing.
Turkington deserved the championship.

That was an insane end to the year. Chuffed for the winner and so so gutted for the losers, all three deserved to be champs in my book, 3 nice lads. Shame there could only be only one champ. Brilliant season.

That was an insane end to the year. Chuffed for the winner and so so gutted for the losers, all three deserved to be champs in my book, 3 nice lads. Shame there could only be only one champ. Brilliant season.

It is great that the BTCC series seems to get everything right in terms of a great combination of entertainment & sport.The fans,teams & everyone involved rarely have major complaints.Series like DTM,Nascar & Aussie Supercar all have major gripes & problems recently & struggle to retain long time fans & attract new ones at the same time.

It is great that the BTCC series seems to get everything right in terms of a great combination of entertainment & sport.The fans,teams & everyone involved rarely have major complaints.Series like DTM,Nascar & Aussie Supercar all have major gripes & problems recently & struggle to retain long time fans & attract new ones at the same time.

The only thing BTCC does wrong is NOT let a decent sim dev have the full license for a full rules BTCC sim!

Although I'm not a mega fan of reverse grid if I'm honest, but it does spice things up. I'd also rather 1 hour main race and a 30 min sprint.

The only thing BTCC does wrong is NOT let a decent sim dev have the full license for a full rules BTCC sim!

Although I'm not a mega fan of reverse grid if I'm honest, but it does spice things up. I'd also rather 1 hour main race and a 30 min sprint.

Shameless self promotion but if anyone is after a BTCC sim experience I've released a mod recently here at RD to scratch that itch. It's built upon Reizas original Marcas models but sports a new 2 litre turbo engine and other goodies to bring it in line with NGTC specs, complete with a 2013-2016 skinpack courtesy of stiggy.

Between the Brit Pack DLC and Patrick's/ Gringo's tracks most of the calender is covered.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/next-gen-marcas.29113/

The rfactor2 mod also gets an airing here in club races occasionally. I've done one or two. :)

Raceroom's TCRs are good fun too and are very similar performance wise.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
What a superb, nail biting edge of the seat last three races of what has been an exceptionally good season of BTCC!

Unbelievable swings, twists and turns in the title fight, with a deserving champion crowned, a legend winning after too long of a gap between race wins and some exceptional racing throughout the field.

The BTCC never, ever lets me down, and this weekend was no different.

So happy for Turks, a true champions drive in race three and for me, one of the most under rated active touring car drivers anywhere in the world.

Heart goes out to Cammish and Jordan, both superb seasons but not quite enough in their pockets when it mattered most. Remain hopeful Jordan can find the backing to return next year, and isn’t lost to the wilderness of British RX or something similar. BTCC is stronger when he is in the field.

Also happy to see Subaru have a solid event in what is rumored to be their last race of the series, despite the dubious Behaviour to JP in recent years.

On the subject of Plato.... what a last race. Been a great season for JP as he finally proves everyone that all that speed and talent remains within him... another season with the team is a must, and a title tilt for JP in 2020 is entirely possible if h scar is up to th job next year.. I hope so.

All in all, blinkin fantastic year. Love it.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 127 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 84 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 10.0%
  • €3001-5000