• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured BTCC Season Finale: Brands Hatch Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Colin Turkington

67.5%
  2. Dan Cammish

7.5%
  3. Andrew Jordan

12.5%
  4. Josh Cook

5.0%
  5. Tom Ingram

7.5%
  1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,846
    BTCC Discussion Thread.jpg
    Welcome to the central discussion thread for the championship deciding final round of the 2019 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship.

For the second time this season Brands Hatch plays host to the British Touring Car Championship, this weekend entertaining the premier racing series in Great Britain as the bumper field of tin top drivers look to crown the new series champion.

Wet weather looks highly likely to play a large part in proceedings this weekend, adding yet another very important element into the mix for the 2019 BTCC drivers championship fight.

Series leader Colin Turkington heads into the Brands Hatch weekend as title favourite thanks to his 16 point advantage over Honda Yuasa Racing driver Dan Cammish, but with BMW team mate Andy Jordan only a further point adrift, and the impressive Josh Cook and Tom Ingram lurking in contention down in fourth and fifth, the title race really is wide open heading into the first of three races on Sunday afternoon.

The Brands Hatch Grand Prix configuration is one of the most spectacular in British motorsport, and a fitting venue to end what has been a spectacular season of racing.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy

Ratings:
    +133
    No Spoilers!!! I have to wait 3-4 weeks to get the telecast in America!!

GO Anyone but Turkington! (Not that I dislike him, he's just had his share...)

• Beer Beer x 2
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +23,846
    3-4 weeks? Wow that's harsh man... VPN magic to the rescue..? :D

4. antirussia81

antirussia81

Ratings:
    +121
    Jason will "probably" not win the championship this year, but he's in first ten in general (and higher than "karate kid" aka Matt Neal) so not bad afterall. Still, a podium in Brands would be nice coping stone of the season...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +23,846
    I'm gagging for Plato to grab win 100 before he packs it in. Didn't like him back in the day, but I'm a paid up fan now for sure!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,754
    I so wish that I could be there ....

7. smasha

smasha

Ratings:
    +84
    Bathurst starts today.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  8. frankonia

frankonia

Ratings:
    +4
    BTCC is great. I even like it more than the DTM.
    I will be watching it tomorrow on ITV4 in Germany.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Michael Murphy

Michael Murphy

Ratings:
    +9
    Decided to go to Brands with the children to watch the racing tomorrow - can anyone recommend time to arrive by to be able to park on Southbank? Hopefully it's not too wet that they stop people from parking there...

10. Ben Lee

Ben Lee

Ratings:
    +325
    I’m not sure but south bank parking is or was usually done at the point of ticket booking. I don’t believe you can just rock up and park but I could be completely wrong.

11. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +788
    I'm pulling an all nighter for the Bathurst 1000 then sleep then BTCC, Bring It On!

12. CMGARAGE

CMGARAGE
    Premium

Ratings:
    +403
    Race 2 has certainly generated some talking points. Still plenty of time for another twist or two!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Andy-R

Andy-R

Ratings:
    +742
    SPOILER ALERT

Before the last three races I was hoping anyone but Turkington would win, just because he was the favourite, after race two I was rooting for Colin. Can't believe he actually did it! BTCC :inlove:

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jonny Austin

Jonny Austin

Ratings:
    +34
    BTCC championship deciders are always exciting & this one was brilliant.Matt Neals move in the second race was dubious but part of team racing.
    Turkington deserved the championship.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +343
    That was an insane end to the year. Chuffed for the winner and so so gutted for the losers, all three deserved to be champs in my book, 3 nice lads. Shame there could only be only one champ. Brilliant season.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Jonny Austin

Jonny Austin

Ratings:
    +34
    It is great that the BTCC series seems to get everything right in terms of a great combination of entertainment & sport.The fans,teams & everyone involved rarely have major complaints.Series like DTM,Nascar & Aussie Supercar all have major gripes & problems recently & struggle to retain long time fans & attract new ones at the same time.

• Beer Beer x 2
  17. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +343
    The only thing BTCC does wrong is NOT let a decent sim dev have the full license for a full rules BTCC sim!

Although I'm not a mega fan of reverse grid if I'm honest, but it does spice things up. I'd also rather 1 hour main race and a 30 min sprint.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. CMGARAGE

CMGARAGE
    Premium

Ratings:
    +403

Shameless self promotion but if anyone is after a BTCC sim experience I've released a mod recently here at RD to scratch that itch. It's built upon Reizas original Marcas models but sports a new 2 litre turbo engine and other goodies to bring it in line with NGTC specs, complete with a 2013-2016 skinpack courtesy of stiggy.

Between the Brit Pack DLC and Patrick's/ Gringo's tracks most of the calender is covered.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/next-gen-marcas.29113/

The rfactor2 mod also gets an airing here in club races occasionally. I've done one or two. :)

Raceroom's TCRs are good fun too and are very similar performance wise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. antirussia81

antirussia81

Ratings:
    +121
    Well done, Jason!
    "Everyone said I was too old but I knew different"
    Not everyone :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +23,846
    What a superb, nail biting edge of the seat last three races of what has been an exceptionally good season of BTCC!

Unbelievable swings, twists and turns in the title fight, with a deserving champion crowned, a legend winning after too long of a gap between race wins and some exceptional racing throughout the field.

The BTCC never, ever lets me down, and this weekend was no different.

So happy for Turks, a true champions drive in race three and for me, one of the most under rated active touring car drivers anywhere in the world.

Heart goes out to Cammish and Jordan, both superb seasons but not quite enough in their pockets when it mattered most. Remain hopeful Jordan can find the backing to return next year, and isn’t lost to the wilderness of British RX or something similar. BTCC is stronger when he is in the field.

Also happy to see Subaru have a solid event in what is rumored to be their last race of the series, despite the dubious Behaviour to JP in recent years.

On the subject of Plato.... what a last race. Been a great season for JP as he finally proves everyone that all that speed and talent remains within him... another season with the team is a must, and a title tilt for JP in 2020 is entirely possible if h scar is up to th job next year.. I hope so.

All in all, blinkin fantastic year. Love it.

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.