AC BTCC - BMW vs Nissan @ Croft - Wednesday 11th Nov 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
We still got small children, so I really don't have the time I would like to join, and race, but I am sure tempted. I just tested the Nissan around Croft last sunday, and it's a fun track. I will try to join some races later on maybe.

found alot of bumps on the exits chucking me off track in the beemer
I did about 10 laps in each last night. I know exactly what you mean about the bumps and the beemer! The Nissan just plows through them under throttle, but bloody hell does it punish you if you hesitate during a corner :D. I'm miles off the pace in it though, struggling to even get close to :30 as I found myself gingerly approaching sunny all the time. I also forgot to check the gearing for either, I was wondering if the default was way off with the Nissan?

It's 99.9% default @Kek700 . I had to increase the ride height by 1 at the front as it said it was invalid otherwise

1605012732058.png

This is basically for that one very difficult right-hand bend.

21 26

26 28

front toe +0.05 rear toe +0.08

This is just for croft, other circuits are completely different.

The front pressures are important as you need it for stability into the last very fast entry into the right-hander when you are braking.

I have not done much testing, not sure if this tweak works as you get near the end of the race with mediums.
You could fine tweak the front pressures, I have used the heavy hammer approach, this is how I run it.

I put the front toe at +0.5 to start with and see how stable it is. I run my front toe at -0.30.
May change that in practice on race day.

Remove all the rear ABR, although this is counter-intuitive for an FWD car. You can always add it if it makes the car turn better for you.

Basically looks very similar to my setup.

by all means, respond with a don't work or like, helps me rethink things again.

:)
This could very well be a "frig" to correct my driving style and have no bearing on anyone else.

I basically have no problem with the car at Croft, apart from the bend mentioned above.

just noticed your gearing comment, the last gear at 143mph then space all at approximately 15mph increments.

Last edited:
thanks for the tips @Kek700 - I just had a quick go and to be totally honest I couldn't tell much difference, but I suspect that says more about my driving ability than your setup! :D. I'll try and have a bit more practice in the car with the default first, then retry your suggestions again as I think I just need a bit more familiarity with the car first as it seems to drive vastly differently to any of the others I have tried, but I'm guessing that might be because it's the first FWD

I'm really not very au-fait with setup changes and other than gear ratios and altering the tyre pressures to try and keep them in the green I tend to stick to the default. I think I understand the toe settings you suggested, but I am a little confused about why you increased the rear pressure. I had thought you would want it fairly low in a FWD to keep the temps up, but I guess I am missing something?

Tyre pressures are far more important in AC than trying to get temperatures into them, as it is a virtually none working rear it will be very hard to get the temperatures into them anyway.
It would solve a lot of problems if we could put softs and hards onto some cars.
Far better to get them to run at their optimum pressure.
I was not happy about the front differential, but for me it strangely seems to work.

Hi @Medilloni , can I change to the Nissan please? I'm getting a bit quicker in it with some practice and now pretty close to the same times I was doing in the BMW. It's a bit trickier to drive, but also a lot more fun when you get it right. It does seem a little thirsty though; I was having to almost fill it to the brim to complete 18 laps. Does that sound right?

Hi @Medilloni , can I change to the Nissan please? I'm getting a bit quicker in it with some practice and now pretty close to the same times I was doing in the BMW. It's a bit trickier to drive, but also a lot more fun when you get it right. It does seem a little thirsty though; I was having to almost fill it to the brim to complete 18 laps. Does that sound right?
That's done for you buddy, and I'm guessing the Nissan is quicker here :thumbsup:

I've done no practise at all but I'm tempted to drop in. Are relative rookies alright in this?
Hiya Lewis, every one of us here started just like you - these are fun events. Sign up, above all, have fun, gain experience, and ask for help if you want it - it's a fantastic group of guys here:thumbsup: Vince's post above is spot on!

I've signed you up, just let me know which car you want before 6:30 tomorrow - have a good read of the first 2 posts re the rules, use of real names, Teamspeak - and shout if you want a hand:)

@Medilloni please sign me up with the Nissan.

I hope to get in touch with the combo at least half an hour prior the event starts. Have practiced this combo a few months ago before the physics of the car changed with its latest update, so I hope to pick up some pace quickly.

No time to do practice tomorrow, so was on the fence, but can't resist a bit of Croft :)

Go on then, sign me up in the... Nissan, I guess? Who knows. Thanks for organising! :inlove:
@Medilloni please sign me up with the Nissan.

I hope to get in touch with the combo at least half an hour prior the event starts. Have practiced this combo a few months ago before the physics of the car changed with its latest update, so I hope to pick up some pace quickly.
Welcome chaps, good to see you both :)

Nissan is quick here, I'll stay with the bimmer as my excuse for a poor race:laugh::p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back