AC BTCC - BMW vs Nissan @ Croft - Wednesday 11th Nov 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Please sign me in with Nissan. No practice with car and track yet so expect me at the back of the grid. Hope to get some tracktime after work before qualy. Thx

The server just disappeared. I was about to check if the Nissan suits me better.:(

Edit: it's back again :)

Last edited:
View attachment 418312
Photo and great mods credit to PD3DM
Two amazing mods racing in proper BTCC country; Croft Circuit, what more can you ask for?... apart from touch-up paint:p Join us next Weds for 2 x 25 mins of BTCC fun!
View attachment 418319
Welcome to the Assetto Corsa racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody! - from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
(the menu-bar link to connect to us on TS is no longer on RD but the info on this page will explain how to create a bookmark and enter your real name - don't hesitate to ask in this thread if you need help!)
Incident Reporting: Click here
Highly Recommended App
: Helicorsa 0.7b (download)
We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief.

• Practice Server: Racedepartment.com EU BTCC Practice #04
  • Race Server: Racedepartment.com EU BTCC Race #05
Cars:
BMW 320i STW-BTCC
- Download
Nissan Primera BTCC 1.1 - Download (it's the new version as of April 2020, you'll need to remove the previous version!)
Track: Track: Croft Circuit 1.0[Download]

Driving Assists: Factory ABS, Factory TC, Tire blankets
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Highly Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.7b (download)
Track Temps:
26c
Track Condition: Clear
FUEL RATE 80%

Schedule (EU):
Wed 11th November 2020
Official practice: 20:00 GMT (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 GMT (20 minutes)
Race 1: 20:40 GMT (25 minutes)
Short Break: 3 minutes Approx
Race 2: 21:08 GMT (25 minutes) - Reverse Grid Top Five

Entry List (26 max):
  1. Medilloni - BMW
  2. HF2000 - Nissan
  3. 640er - Nissan
  4. stribbeck - Nissan
  5. JohannesK - BMW*
  6. GeekyDeaks - Nissan
  7. Axel Moebius - Nissan
  8. VinillaIce82 - Nissan
  9. Kek700 - Nissan GTR
  10. doof205 - TBD
  11. Chris Down - Nissan
  12. Reik Major - Nissan
  13. thom462 - Nissan
  14. boomRoasted - BMW
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot

PRACTICE SERVER IS UP!

Cars taken:
BMW - 3
Nissan - 10
TBD - 1

UTP #46
...Ah! good to see Jo Bonnier here Jo! ;)
Hi. I'm off today and can do the mid week. Not a lot of practice but I'll give the BMW a go. Thx

Race server is up, spare cars @ 6pm are below - if you enter after this post, please subtract your car choice and copy 'n paste the new list in your post, if you're changing your car... meh, you get it :p

BMW 2
Nissan 4

@doof205 Lewis, if you're still in with us buddy, take your car off the list and do as described above, ta:)

Oh boy today was already Wednesday. Was working in/on my new flat the whole day and completely forgot time and date :/ hope you had a fun race

Wow, what absolutely amazing races. Had amazing battles with @Reik Major, @Kek700, @Medilloni, @Axel Moebius, @stribbeck... hell, everybody really. These cars are terrific fun on a track like this and it made for absolutely great battles all over the place.

My pace wasn't as good as some others, so I really focused on the consistency a lot. It seemed to pay off, definitely finished above where I thought I would.

Congrats to Reik on the win in race 2, and Ernie on the battle in race 1 -- that was tons of fun. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Last edited:
Wow, what absolutely amazing races. Had amazing battles with @Reik Major, @Kek700, @Medilloni, @Axel Moebius, @stribbeck... hell, everybody really. These cars are terrific fun on a track like this and it made for absolutely great battles all over the place.

My pace wasn't as good as some others, so I really focused on the consistency a lot. It seemed to pay off, definitely finished above where I thought I would.

Congrats to Reik on the win in race 2, and Ernie on the battle in race 1 that was tons of fun. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

That was so much fun love these combo's, Race 2 starting on pole was a tad worrying haha had fun trying to keep you behind @Chris Down but no way i could as you and @Kek700 were so much faster, sorry for the contact also Ernie, i wasn't going for a dive bomb i promise, just lost the back end under braking :(
Really was hoping to stick with you for a bit longer @Medilloni on the second race too.

Thanks for all the battles and to @Medilloni for organising the event

Screenshot_pm3dm_nissan_primera_btcc_croft_11-10-120-21-48-35.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_pm3dm_nissan_primera_btcc_croft_11-10-120-21-57-36.jpg
    Screenshot_pm3dm_nissan_primera_btcc_croft_11-10-120-21-57-36.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_pm3dm_nissan_primera_btcc_croft_11-10-120-21-49-5.jpg
    Screenshot_pm3dm_nissan_primera_btcc_croft_11-10-120-21-49-5.jpg
    720.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
My VR onboards from these amazing races. Thanks again for organising, John, this was terrific and has brightened my week.

Race 1:

Nice start and battle with John at the end. Also full Tokyo Drift through Barcroft.

Race 2:

An amazing sounding BMW off the line courtesy of @Medilloni. @stribbeck and @Kek700 going for full Jason Plato style in front of me, and really nice battles with... just about everybody. Also a battle with Reik at the end. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sorry guys. Literally walked through the door from work just now having set off at 6.30! I'll join the next one. I've been racing a bit on my own but feel it needs the social side of racing with others again. I joined a few races on here in the past but checking my history it was 2 years ago! Time flies. Anyway, sorry to mess around but will definitely join you guys for some racing soon.

Some say I'm easily pleased, but wow, what a couple of great races - and super to see a couple of new faces too... hope you enjoyed it guys :thumbsup:

Congrats to all the podium guys in both races, and to all of you guys for fair and hard racing! Amazing lap times from the top 4/5 peeps, as Chris said, too many to mention! And great racing throughout the field into the bargain:)

1st race was a disaster for me, found a bump I'd not found before, whilst politely moving over for @Kek700 :whistling:.... aka I f***ed up:p

2nd race was a blast, don't know how but got a great start from 6th to 2nd by the first corner - the rest of the race was magic, just trying to hold on to a decent result. Enjoyed that so much I'm still grinning:laugh:

From your very welcome comments:
I
t's one of those nights when you all have blast that it's such a pleasure for ppl like @Chris Down , myself and other organisers, makes it all worth it, so I have a favour to ask!.... these are not moderator events, they're yours, so please tag a mate (or a few!) when you enter (or even if you can't). Knock on effect is; you race with your mates, the banter gets better, we have grids full of ppl you trust for great racing!

Thanks to all for the turnout guys!

Last edited:
Did you see this man at the race track putting that tyre on the corner, if so ring Whitehall 12121

2F795724-EB5A-4DF2-AA74-88DF88D6321E.jpeg
:roflmao::roflmao:

On the last lap my tyres were gone, no yellow bar, no red bar. Now that would have made it a very interesting extra 5 lap race. Assuming everyone was on mediums, it would have been a, on the canvas, bald tyre race.:confused:
All a bit too hectic for me, I much preferred that midfield plod, with an occasional splash of excitement.
Thank-you John @Medilloni for letting me go in the first race. :unsure:And that was an impressive drive in the BMW, and great organization, and choice of car and venue.
It was nice to see @Chris Down in the thick of it all for a change, usually, he is a distant lone figure way out in the lead.:roflmao:
Don’t worry about the overtake attempt @stribbeck Simon, no harm was done, that’s all that I care about. And to be fair controlling that Nissan there is a very difficult thing to do. :)
All in All, I had some great racing with everyone, I hope everyone saw it my way, usually, smallish turnouts can be negative, this event was certainly not.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
What a blast this race! Qualified 5th just behind Chris (an once in a lifetime achievement!). Then totally screwed up my start by shortshifting and everyone passed me before the first turn. But I had a nice first race with many battles because I was faster but also went off track sometimes. Don't even know where I finished. Second race was also a lot of fun. I was just a little bit faster than @stribbeck but he defended very well :thumbsup: and forced me to make several small mistakes. So most of the race was catching up on Simon and trying to find an overtake opportunity in which I didn't succeed.

In the race I used the hards as my lap times weren't much slower with it compared to the mediums.
Congrats to the podium. And thanks all for joining and of course John for organizing.

Last edited:
All in All, I had some great racing with everyone, I hope everyone saw it my way, usually, smallish turnouts can be negative, this event was certainly not.
Relatively speaking, this was my worst race so far on the Wednesday nights, but I still had a right blast, especially not really knowing how things were going to pan out when approaching the sunny corners :D

I had a few little battles with @VinillaIce82 and was desperately trying to hang on to @HF2000 and @stribbeck early in R2, but I lost all rhythm for some reason and couldn't match the pace I had in R1; eventually resulting in a little excursion onto the grass which put me back in the pits a lap down :confused:

Love the Nissan. Found it tricky as hell, but so rewarding when you feel like you've nailed a corner.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back