Briatore and Symonds out !!

This must not be the end of the situation just because people have walked away. Renault should be excluded from this season and maybe a ban next year while Briatore and Symonds should face a ban of at least three years from playing any role in any form of motorsport.

i think they will - as they hold the team accountable..

+ 1

That are my thoughts aswell. Maybe the punishment will be a bit lower now that the 2 main characters in this story are gone.... but looking at how "spygate" turned out, i fear a huge punishment coming for Renault (maybe followed by a exit of F1, looking at Renault's CEO mindset)

F1 is just like cycling....in cycling they never stop using doping and in F1 the betrayals and scandals will never stop

Fair play to Piquet for having the guts to come forward in the first place! Afteral, not many teams will employ a "grass"
One of my crazy theories is that once Piquet realized that his job was at risk he blackmailed Briatore with this to remain in the team, and Renault tried to call his bluff, and Piquet went to the FIA after being sacked.

Regardless of this incident, with all the complaints about poor performance, Piquet was not going to race for another F1 team (unless it was owned by his father) anyway.

• Renato Preti

There a lot of journalists saying this is a shame for F1, this is bad for F1, well, I think this was very good fo F1 because now, every team manager will think twice before making anything wrong, and we know that a lof of wrong things happens in F1.

At the end, I think this could be the chance to good people take lead on F1.

In light of the size of the punishment the Mclaren recieved for unsporting conduct, I'm expecting something huge for Renault since they also potentialy endangered all the people on and off the track. If by some miracle they don't get thrown out I'd be suprised to see a fine much lower than 90 million, maybe more.

This really is some shamefull dispicable schit indeed,do none of them realise the complete random nature of an automobile crash in any circumstances?,as soon as "Juniors" car connected with that wall what happened next was completely out of anyones hands,like the members of the paying public who help put the $1mill. in "Juniors" pocket sitting literally inches away behind a mesh fence,and lets not forget about the dangers of flying debris and wheels to his fellow competitors,i would say they got lucky not to be facing more serious criminal based injuries or even loss of life lawsuits........

Shame on eveyone involved,dragging the name of F1 down to an all time low in my opinion,and disrespecting the memory of the legends who came before them those who truly genuinely risked everything every race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back