Briatore and Symonds out !!

Guilty as charged, just heard it myself, I thought Piquet was telling the truth, I could see no reason to lie especially when the telemetary showed he lifted everytime on that corner except the lap he crashed.

• Renato Preti

finally! great news for F1, nobody will miss Briatore!

• Andrew Evans

i think they will - as they hold the team accountable.... i guess we'll find out monday... but this probably means bye bye renault.... :wave:

• Renato Preti

i think they will - as they hold the team accountable.... i guess we'll find out monday... but this probably means bye bye renault.... :wave:

I read on a newspaper that it was a deal, Renault fire them and then they will not be kicked out from F1, probably they will face only a $$$ charge, like Mclaren a few years ago.

• Andrew Evans

yea, sounds reasonable... but what i meant is renault might decide to withdraw from f1 on the back of this....

Couple of quotes from BBC:

The FIA could still impose sanctions if Renault are found guilty, including excluding the team from the championship, although that must be considered unlikely given the two people Piquet said were responsible have now left the team.

It remains to be seen whether this latest controversy, and the departure of Briatore and Symonds, will affect Renault's decision to stay in Formula 1. Briatore had denied speculation that the French team's future was under threat and the team have signed a new Concorde Agreement to stay in F1 until 2012.

But this latest controversy, coupled with a decline in cars sales, could yet have repercussions for the staff of around 700, who are are employed at the team's headquarters in Enstone, in Oxfordshire, and Viry-Chatillon in Paris.

Big news indeed.

I don't think they can prove Alonso was involved and personally I don't think he was. There is genuine surprise in his words to Flav post race about the timing of the safety car. It would have been quite easy to convince him to run light considering his pace in practice. All the safety car then does is wipe out the qualifying problem with the fuel pump abd puts him at the head of the field where he probably would have qualified.

Still think there is more to run on this though, the criminal charges filed against Piquet re: Blackmail for one.

• Andrew Evans

celebrity trends man; it was dying yesterday.... :nod:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back