Brian's Mod Testing - Testers Wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianUK

So blunt a hammer looks sharp
LAST MOD UPDATE - 02/04/2017

I'm going to be putting links to any and all txts I would like to offer for testing in this thread. I currently have a couple of mods I would like to offer up for testing.

Please Note: If you are using TheFlamingRed's Vanilla Balance Mod, then these mods are already included within that mod, either in entirety or in part. Details below:

Personality Traits mod - Version 1.13
Tyre & Race Distance Tweaks - Single Seaters - Version 1.2 (Long preferences only)
Tyre & Race Distance Tweaks - GT - Version 1.1 (Long preferences only)

Personality Traits mod - Version 1.22 (Updated 02/04/2017):

Link to txts: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2c92zu4o1igc35h/AADCQQhoW_UZYLuGdAUhKE_Oa?dl=0

Compatibility 'patch' Frontend if you wish to use Personality Traits 1.21 with TheFlamingRed's Vanilla Balance Mod: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aot4l118rkbx0yy/AABuwxyVuk94ZoE2U6moZ76za?dl=0

1.22 Changelog:
Corrected text for 'Resentful'
Corrected PSG for the last line of the 'Resentful' email

1.21 Changelog:
Added TheFlamingRed's Dilemmas and Interviews with permission, which are now adjusted to reflect the new trait numbers.

1.2 Changelog:
144. Training Young Drivers - Age > 21
241. Broken Metatarsal - -30 Improvability
242. Dislocated Shoulder - -30 Improvability
243. Whiplash - -15 Improvability
239. Sprained Wrist - -15 Improvability
177. Back Problems - -15 Improvability
180. Dodgy Neck - -15 Improvability, reduced duration to 4-10 weeks
178. Cracked Rib - -15 Improvability, reduced duration to 4-10 weeks
240. Eye Problems - -15 Improvability
176. Fever - -15 Improvability
175. Flu - -15 Improvability
174. Cold - -5 Improvability

Implemented 11 new traits, 4 of which are reserved for drivers who have been a reigning or ex- champion, 2 are currently unused:-
334. Ex-ERS Champ - "...and what a step it was." - Permanent, from ERS Champ - +20 Marketability, +20 Morale, +12 Mechanic Relationship, -8 Teammate Morale, +10 Chairman Happiness, +10 Potential, +2 Improvability, +100 Desired Earnings
335. Ex-APS Champ - "Just another step on the way to the top!" - Permanent, from APS Champ - +30 Marketability, +20 Morale, +18 Mechanic Relationship, -12 Teammate Morale, +10 Chairman Happiness, +12 Potential, +2 Improvability, +320 Desired Earnings
336. Ex-WMC Champ - "I reached the top...it was beautiful." - Permanent, from WMC Champ - +40 Marketability, +20 Morale, +24 Mechanic Relationship, -16 Teammate Morale, +10 Chairman Happiness, +14 Potential, +2 Improvability, +600 Desired Earnings
337. Ex-GTC Champ - "...and what a step it was." - Permanent, from GTC Champ - +16 Marketability, +20 Morale, +10 Mechanic Relationship, -6 Teammate Morale, +10 Chairman Happiness, +8 Potential, +2 Improvability, +160 Desired Earnings
338. Ex-IGTC Champ - "I drove 5,000 miles, and I'll drive 5,000 more." - Permanent, from IGTC Champ - +32 Marketability, +20 Morale, +20 Mechanic Relationship, -14 Teammate Morale, +10 Chairman Happiness, +14 Potential, +2 Improvability, +400 Desired Earnings
339. Race of Champions - "I feel honoured to have been invited!" - Temp, 6-10 weeks, can become RoC Champion - +15 Marketability
340. Race of Champions Champion - "I beat the best of the best...I'M UNSTOPPABLE!" - Permanent - +25 Marketability, +1 Improvability
341. Hall of Fame - "Forever to be remembered..." - Permanent - +50 Marketability
342. Building on Success - "There is more potential within me!" - Temp, 30-50 weeks - +25 Potential, +2 Improvability
343. Disappointed - "What?! I can't believe you said "No"..." - Temp, 2-6 weeks, can become Resentful - -10 Morale
344. Resentful - "I can't even look you in the eyes." - Temp, 30-50 weeks - -20 Morale, Won't have contract talks with you

Implemented new MediaReports to go with the new traits that needed them.

Archived changelogs - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fN15iNTXFmE4YzPFnRIlVkN46M1RcgXrvZ2Wz2wL02Q/edit?usp=sharing

Tyre & Race Distance Tweaks - Single Seaters - Version 1.31 (Updated 02/04/2017):

Link to txt: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2qqosikcwrt8kc/AACQhASMjVwm24dG-3gZc_kNa?dl=0

1.31 Changelog:
Increased MinPerformanceTimeCost
- from 10s to 20s

1.3 Changelog:
Increased MinPerformanceTimeCost
- from 1s to 10s

Decreased CriticalPartTimeCosts
- from 7.8s to 4s

1.21 Changelog:
Increased Tier time costs
- Tier2 from 5s to 8s
- Tier3 from 10s to 16s

1.2 Changelog:
Decreased high performance laps for some compounds (medium)
- Softest - from 4 down to 2
- Hardest - from 5 down to 4
- Inters - from 4 down to 3
- Wets - from 4 down to 3

Increased medium performance laps for some compounds (medium)
- Softest - from 4 up to 5
- Hardest - from 10 up to 12
- Inters - from 8 up to 14
- Wets - from 8 up to 14

Reduced medium performance laps for middle compound (medium)
- Medium - from 8 down to 7

Decreased low performance laps for some compounds (medium)
- Softest - from 3 down to 2
- Medium - from 4 down to 3
- Hardest - from 5 down to 3

Tyre life increase for wet compounds (medium)
- Inters - from ~16 laps to ~21 laps
- Wets - from ~16 laps to ~21 laps

Tyre life reduction for dry compounds (medium)
- Softest - from ~11 laps down to ~9 laps
- Medium - from ~15 laps down to ~13 laps
- Hardest - from ~20 laps down to ~19 laps

1.1 Changelog:
Merged additional lines for the new ERS system

1.0 Changelog in the spoiler:
Increased all average race distances by ~15% (in miles)
- Short - from 50 up to 58
- Medium - from 80 up to 98
- Long - from 130 up to 150

Increased difference in miles for short/medium/long races in rules
- Short - from +-7 up to +-11
- Medium - from +-10 up to +-22
- Long - from +-15 to +-33

Increased tyre range in wet weather
- Slicks - from 0-0.12 up to 0-0.15
- Inters - from 0.10-0.65 up to 0.10-0.68

Decreased drop-off time loss
- Ultras - from 8s down to 5s
- Supers - from 8s down to 4.5s
- Softs - from 8s down to 4s
- Medium - from 8s down to 3s
- Hards - from 8s down to 2s

Decreased wrong weather penalty
- All dry compounds - from 20s down to 15s

Decreased high performance laps for some compounds (long only)
- Softest - from 9 down to 4
- Hardest - from 9 down to 7
- Inters - from 5 down to 3
- Wets - from 5 down to 3

Increased medium performance laps for some compounds (long only)
- Softest - from 7 up to 9
- Hardest - from 18 up to 22
- Inters - from 9 up to 16
- Wets - from 9 up to 16

Reduced medium performance laps for middle compound (long only)
- Medium - from 17 down to 15

Decreased low performance laps for dry compounds (long only)
- Softest - from 4 down to 2
- Medium - from 6 down to 4
- Hardest - from 9 down to 5

Increased smoothness bonus/penalty for some compounds (long only)
- Hardest - from 2 up to 3
- Inters - from 1 up to 2
- Wets - from 1 up to 2

Decreased smoothness bonus/penalty for some compounds (long only)
- Softest - from 2 down to 1
- Medium - from 3 down to 2

Increased tyre wear bonus/penalty for wet compounds (long only)
- Inters - from 1 up to 2
- Wets - from 1 up to 2

Decreased tyre wear bonus/penalty for dry compounds (long only)
- Softest - from 3 down to 2
- Medium - from 4 down to 3
- Hardest - from 6 down to 4

Tyre life increase for wet compounds (long only)
- Inters - from ~19 laps to ~26 laps
- Wets - from ~19 laps to ~26 laps

Tyre life reduction for dry compounds (long only)
- Softest - from ~20 laps down to ~15 laps
- Medium - from ~28 laps down to ~24 laps
- Hardest - from ~36 laps down to ~34 laps

Known Issues:
None yet, needs testing.

Tyre & Race Distance Tweaks - GT - Version 1.1 (updated 03/03/2017):

Link to txt: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ntizuchvjn899i/AADuFbhus6a-exoWANXw7NHwa?dl=0

1.1 Changelog:
Adopted TFR's changes to crucial part penalties

Increased Tier time costs
- Tier2 from 5s to 7.5s
- Tier3 from 10s to 15s

Reduced driver perfomance delta from 3s to 2.5s for all lengths

Reduced cliff time costs for all compounds
- Ultras - from 6s to 5s
- Supers - from 6s to 4.5s
- Softs - from 6s to 3.5s
- Mediums - from 6s to 2.5s
- Hards - from 6s to 2s
- Inters - from 6s to 3s
- Wets - from 6s to 3s

Reduced wet weather penalties for dry tyres
From 20s to 15s

1.0 Changelog:
Note: Short races in the rules are now the same distance that medium (less short, which is 9 miles shorter) was prior to my edits. The purpose of this is to enable both sprint and endurance GT championships, which means they are a different challenge from Single Seaters, with different strategies being added alongside the new hybrid systems and ERS.

The most balanced option is Long races, I used the percentages from my Long edits to balance the others as I never play them, and never will. Please let me know if anything is off, overpowered or just plain wrong.

Long races:
Corrected incorrect fuel cost per lap
Increased LongRaceLength from 130 to 240
Increased LongRaceLengthShortSessionRulesLapDelta - from -15 to -110
Increased LongRaceLengthLongSessionRulesLapDelta - from 15 to 110
Decreased Softest compound fast laps from 9 to 4
Increased Softest compound medium laps from 7 to 12
Increased Middle compound life from 28 to 34 laps
Increased Middle compound medium laps from 17 to 22
Increased Middle compound slow laps from 6 to 7
Decreased Middle compound slow laps drop-off from 3.5s to 3.25s
Increased Hardest compound life from 36 to 45 laps
Increased Hardest compound medium laps from 18 to 25
Increased Hardest compound slow laps from 9 to 11
Increased Inters life from 19 to 33 laps
Increased Inters fast laps from 5 to 6
Increased Inters medium laps from 9 to 20
Increased Inters slow laps from 5 to 7
Increased Wets life from 19 to 33 laps
Increased Wets fast laps from 5 to 6
Increased Wets medium laps from 9 to 20
Increased Wets slow laps from 5 to 7

Medium races:
Increased MediumRaceLength from 85 to 157
Increased MediumRaceLengthShortSessionRulesLapDelta from -10 to -73
Increased MediumRaceLengthLongSessionRulesLapDelta from 10 to 73
Reduced Softest compound fast laps from 4 to 2
Increased Softest compound medium laps from 4 to 6
Increased Middle compound life from 15 to 18 laps
Increased Middle compound medium laps from 8 to 10
Increased Middle compound slow laps from 4 to 5
Decreased Middle compound slow laps drop-off from 3.5 to 3.25
Increased Hardest compound life from 20 to 25 laps
Increased Hardest compound medium laps from 10 to 14
Increased Hardest compound slow laps from 5 to 6
Increased Inters life from 16 to 28
Increased Inters fast laps from 4 to 5
Increased Inters medium laps from 8 to 18
Increased Inters slow laps from 4 to 5
Increased Wets life from 16 to 28
Increased Wets fast laps from 4 to 5
Increased Wets medium laps from 8 to 18
Increased Wets slow laps from 4 to 5

Short races:
Increased ShortRaceLength from 50 to 92
Increased ShortRaceLengthShortSessionRulesLapDelta from -7 to -51
Increased ShortRaceLengthLongSessionRulesLapDelta from 7 to 51
Reduced Softest compound fast laps from 4 to 2
Increased Softest compound medium laps from 3 to 5
Increased Middle compound life from 11 to 13
Increased Middle compound medium laps from 6 to 8
Increased Hardest compound life from 13 to 16
Increased Hardest compound medium laps from 6 to 9
Increased Inters life from 11 to 19
Increased Inters fast laps from 3 to 4
Increased Inters medium laps from 5 to 11
Increased Inters slow laps from 3 to 4
Increased Wets life from 11 to 19
Increased Wets fast laps from 3 to 4
Increased Wets medium laps from 5 to 11
Increased Wets slow laps from 3 to 4

Last edited:
Hi Brian. I got the infos on the Ex-Champion traits. 2nd season and 4 out of 5 got their Championship trait
WMC 2017.jpg APSC 2017.jpg ERS 2017.jpg IGTC 2017.jpg
One got a Podium Trait
GTCS 2017.jpg

2 out of the 5 Ex Champions got their trait. The other 3 got retired.
Ex ASPC 2016.jpg Ex  IGTC 2016.jpg

Great, good to see the Ex traits are spawning. The last thing to look out for is when a driver had Ex Champion who wins that championship again - they should lose the Ex trait and regain the champion trait.

If a driver wins two in a row, the champion trait should refresh. Let me know of the results if you can get them to happen.

No problem. ;)

But you now that to win two in a row is only possible in WMC or IGTC (and if the drivers are still in the same series and aren't retired). For the other series the chances are smaller. Some of this possibilities are either;
- Team didn't win championship just the driver won.
- Team won championship but didn't promote (personally I never saw that).
- Team promoted and driver won the next series championship (even less possible with FlamingRed's mod).
- Driver made contract with another team in the same series.

Last edited:
I'm aware that the AI are unlikely to do it as they change drivers constantly, but one can always hope.

A litte update for the future:-

I have a new version of SSDD that I was testing that I am happy with, which I will be uploading today. The changelog will be posted then as well.

I'm also looking at a 'soft' overhaul of the components when you build new parts. This will involve changing risky Average and Good parts into costly parts, based on the stat boosts they provide and will provide those with the cash an opportunity to get ahead. I will also alter the weightings for the AI teams on these parts, which should make ERS/GTC and early season APS/WMC/IGTC more competitive, because as long as you have the cash, you can make the early potent parts. It also prevents both the player and AI getting 4 out of 6 parts being risky, which harms competitiveness going forward. I will also be adding a cost to the Designer component that gives you a second part. It'll be a fixed nominal cost for the extra labour you would be using in which to produce a second part.

Further to the above, I will be widening the pool with additional parts so that you don't see the same ones over and over. Red also suggested 'super parts' that are extremely potent, but only in specific sessions. These will be reserved for Great (might be adjusted to Epic) or better, and I currently only have plans for them to be on the engine, as that is the only thing it makes sense to squeeze extra performance out of, much like Mercedes AMG pushing 1,000bhp in Q3 runs during 2016, but obviously not using that much power in the race

Lastly, I am not sure how well my PT mod will play with Red's mod now he has added additional traits himself, I will have to talk to him to find out what the deal is. I have a feeling it'll be merging our PT's if you wish to use them together, but I'm not sure on the fate of the 'patched' Dilemmas and Interviews I created.

I'm aware that the AI are unlikely to do it as they change drivers constantly, but one can always hope.

A litte update for the future:-

I have a new version of SSDD that I was testing that I am happy with, which I will be uploading today. The changelog will be posted then as well.

I'm also looking at a 'soft' overhaul of the components when you build new parts. This will involve changing risky Average and Good parts into costly parts, based on the stat boosts they provide and will provide those with the cash an opportunity to get ahead. I will also alter the weightings for the AI teams on these parts, which should make ERS/GTC and early season APS/WMC/IGTC more competitive, because as long as you have the cash, you can make the early potent parts. It also prevents both the player and AI getting 4 out of 6 parts being risky, which harms competitiveness going forward. I will also be adding a cost to the Designer component that gives you a second part. It'll be a fixed nominal cost for the extra labour you would be using in which to produce a second part.

Further to the above, I will be widening the pool with additional parts so that you don't see the same ones over and over. Red also suggested 'super parts' that are extremely potent, but only in specific sessions. These will be reserved for Great (might be adjusted to Epic) or better, and I currently only have plans for them to be on the engine, as that is the only thing it makes sense to squeeze extra performance out of, much like Mercedes AMG pushing 1,000bhp in Q3 runs during 2016, but obviously not using that much power in the race

Lastly, I am not sure how well my PT mod will play with Red's mod now he has added additional traits himself, I will have to talk to him to find out what the deal is. I have a feeling it'll be merging our PT's if you wish to use them together, but I'm not sure on the fate of the 'patched' Dilemmas and Interviews I created.
At the moment, I use 16 new 'rusty at x' traits added to the bottom. No frontend data as I'm using the custom names fields. And no entires in the news as they're only due to spawn onndilemmas so the player already knows that something will have changed,

As with all things ;) I'll be looking to merge new things with things here over time, assuming Brian's happy with that, I think I may begin an additional component overhaul on top of this too :) as hopefully a new feature I am working on is actually going to need more risky parts ;) - so I'm likely going to be adding additional risky parts and improving their strength.

@TheFlamingRed - Yep, I'm happy for you to merge whatever you want of mine into yours. I'm more honoured that someone likes my work more than anything else xD. I've also left you a message on Steam about which versions of my stuff you now have, so I can update the OP.

I've done a couple of minor updates - Personality Traits is now 1.22, with a couple of minor fixes, you should also be able to ignore the Dilemmas and Interviews txts as Red has now altered and corrected them in his mod, I will be removing them from mine in due course. I don't think we'll need the compatibility patch for Frontend either, I just need confirmation from Red on that.

Tyre & Race Distance Tweaks for SS has also had a minor update which needs wider testing. I've done some races with it, and the field feels like it's spread as much as before, but really pushes that backmarker feel if you choose CYOT or a low end vanilla team.

Hi Brian finished 3th season. Just one got a Podium trait.
WMC 2018.jpg APSC 2018.jpg ERS 2018.jpg IGTC 2018.jpg GTCS 2018.jpg
Have a Double EX Champ
Double Ex.jpg
Also any driver that didn't get his/her Championship trait also don't get Ex-Champ trait. (2017 Champ did get Podium Trait)
GTCS 2017.jpg No Ex 2017.jpg
Besides that all the previous season champions got their Ex-Champ traits (and the previous-previous champs still have their traits).

Still no winners in row.

Double Ex-Champs are fine and were planned, it's unlikely you'll get the AI helping a driver to all 5 championship wins. And for the lack of double winners, that's the AI for you. If they win they usually choose promotion and keep the drivers, so they never get a chance for a double, so it's up to you to get a double winner.

====================

Mod-edit: mods can be uploaded here and a discussion thread will automagically be created in the correct modding subforum. This main Motorsport Manager forum is to ask general questions about the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back