RaceDepartment Store

Do you ever race in VR?

• Yes

Votes: 402 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 745 65.0%

Upcoming Events

AC events on Simracing.GP ACC events on Simracing.GP R3E events on Simracing.GP Weekly rFactor 2 events Join TCR Virtual today!

Sell Brand new DD2 with five yr warranty

Allyngr

Premium
After a fan issue with our DD2 (second hand, no warranty), I replaced it with an SC2 pro and decided to get the DD2 repaired so I could sell it on in good faith. They just came back to me with this email:

thank you very much for your patience in this case. After a thorough inspection by our technician, we unfortunately had to conclude that a repair of the product is impossible. Therefore, we can only offer you the following options/solutions:

- 1. Free disposal of the product.

- 2. We can send back the defective unit, when you pay for shipping.

- 3. We can offer you Mint-DD2 included 5 years warranty for 1050,00€ plus shipping costs. Please note that we would keep the defective unit and dispose it.

Additional information about option/solution 3. There are customers who return products within the first 14 days because they do not like them. We store these products in our workshop again, after a very deep inspection by our technician. These products have a discounted about 30% of the original shop price. This information is just to explain the term "MINT".

Please inform me by email which option you would like to choose. If you need a few days to think about it, of course it is not a problem for us/me, I mean take time if you need.

I wish you a sunny day.

so, is anybody interested in buying mint DD2? I’m either going to walk away from the whole sorry mess, or if there is someone that wants a new DD2 for 20% off, (10% to me) please let me know.

Bit surprised at the impossible to repair comment - I guess they mean economically unviable. Very upsetting though, it means I’m out about a grand.

Rnb1

Premium
With them being in Germany, would I have to pay customs costs again to the UK as its not technically being delivered to the person who originally paid them

Allyngr

Premium
With them being in Germany, would I have to pay customs costs again to the UK as its not technically being delivered to the person who originally paid them
It was returned to London repair centre - I think they set it up after brexit. As far as shipping goes, i Don’t see what objection they would have to returning to a different address, as I have to pay for it. If they don’t I can organise courier collection myself from the unit so I don’t think that would be an issue

m288a

Premium
I don't want to make a bad situation worse but how can't they fix something they still stock and sell....

The person you bought it off wouldn't send you the invoice? Fanatec told me that they would repair stuff second hand if I had the invoice. It's insane that they won't fix a €1200 product less than a few years after release.

Last edited: