Sell Brand new DD2 with five yr warranty

After a fan issue with our DD2 (second hand, no warranty), I replaced it with an SC2 pro and decided to get the DD2 repaired so I could sell it on in good faith. They just came back to me with this email:

thank you very much for your patience in this case. After a thorough inspection by our technician, we unfortunately had to conclude that a repair of the product is impossible. Therefore, we can only offer you the following options/solutions:

- 1. Free disposal of the product.

- 2. We can send back the defective unit, when you pay for shipping.

- 3. We can offer you Mint-DD2 included 5 years warranty for 1050,00€ plus shipping costs. Please note that we would keep the defective unit and dispose it.

Additional information about option/solution 3. There are customers who return products within the first 14 days because they do not like them. We store these products in our workshop again, after a very deep inspection by our technician. These products have a discounted about 30% of the original shop price. This information is just to explain the term "MINT".

Please inform me by email which option you would like to choose. If you need a few days to think about it, of course it is not a problem for us/me, I mean take time if you need.

I wish you a sunny day.

so, is anybody interested in buying mint DD2? I’m either going to walk away from the whole sorry mess, or if there is someone that wants a new DD2 for 20% off, (10% to me) please let me know.

Bit surprised at the impossible to repair comment - I guess they mean economically unviable. Very upsetting though, it means I’m out about a grand.

With them being in Germany, would I have to pay customs costs again to the UK as its not technically being delivered to the person who originally paid them

With them being in Germany, would I have to pay customs costs again to the UK as its not technically being delivered to the person who originally paid them
It was returned to London repair centre - I think they set it up after brexit. As far as shipping goes, i Don’t see what objection they would have to returning to a different address, as I have to pay for it. If they don’t I can organise courier collection myself from the unit so I don’t think that would be an issue

The person you bought it off wouldn't send you the invoice? Fanatec told me that they would repair stuff second hand if I had the invoice. It's insane that they won't fix a €1200 product less than a few years after release.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back