Braking "death wiggle"

Hey guys

I just reinstalled my GSC, and my mods and such. Made directories for them all, yadda yadda yadda. But I am having an issue that I seem to remember never having...?

VERY
often, when I get on the brakes from high speed, the car will yaw inward, and any attempt to correct this will just lead to all control being lost, lock ups, spins, horrible things. And this happens to me almost all the time. I can do about 1 lap, but it will definitely happen within the first 3. It occurs on both mod cars, and tracks, as well as default content -- but only some. Some mod content works great, some default content works great. Seems to not really follow any specific logic.

If I am not doing a good job at explaining, please let me know since it's a very easy issue to re-create, I can make a video quickly to show it.

I think it has something to do with my controls not being fully setup right or something, but I cant tell what else to adjust aside from something on the "rates" page. Everything feels more muddy, slow, and unresponsive, and that's not how I remember it being. I remember this being my favorite sim for driving physics, now it's just frustrating to try to control any cars since the controls are so unresponsive.

Tips?

Yup, crazy weight transfer. Front dips around she goes.

Edit: I also agree with Grumble, BB will certainly turn you around, and in this case may exacerbate your problem if your still under brakes when the car is wanting to go.

But as it stands the rears inherently want to beat the front when unbalanced, most likely you could dial a lot of this out in setup (not sure whats there) but I expect they are always going to be on the loose side.
So all in all it was my original assumption. "These cars are just old." Haha

You might try increasing the differential lock on coast, as that will keep the rear wheels from spinning at different rates under braking/off throttle.

You can also increase negative toe-in at the rear (and even at the front, although you may compromise turn-in), and even decrease negative camber (front and rear).

However, if you're losing the rear off throttle immediately (and not locking your rear brakes), increasing differential lock on coast is probably your best option. This is also one of the few tuning parameters - depending on the default setting - that allow for fairly aggressive adjustments. One way to determine the effectiveness of a specific tuning parameter? Make a large adjustment, and see if the behavior is dramatically changed. If so, then reduce to taste. Sometimes it can be difficult to immediately perceive, or understand, the effects of a slight adjustment, especially if you have trouble lapping as consistently as necessary.

Henk

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back