Brake Trainer

Apps Brake Trainer 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yea the sounds are pretty loud in hindsight. I'll release a small update with the softened sounds that you can manually replace inside the snd folder first. For now I can't find the functions that allow me to check which session it is, but it should be easy to implement if they're available. Great tip about the default cfg will include in the next version!
Perhaps you can find some code in "ferito blue flag" app? I saw something in there like this... might be what you need..:

# get shared memory info
sim_info_obj = sim_info.SimInfo()

#ac.log("session_type is %d" % (sim_info_obj.graphics.session))
raceSession = sim_info_obj.graphics.session == sim_info.AC_RACE

#raceSession = True
if raceSession:

Thats a very nice App.

I have one Suggestion after using it hours while driving.

Would it be possible to add an Option to give the Red Light Marker an Offset Off 0,x s or m or percent of trackspline.

Because most of the time i braked and then saw that the light goes on. More as
an conformation then a Point to Brake, because of my reaction time.

So i would wish to Set the light marker a little bit before the real Brake Point.

Maybe this is an Option you could include :)

Thats a very nice App.

I have one Suggestion after using it hours while driving.

Would it be possible to add an Option to give the Red Light Marker an Offset Off 0,x s or m or percent of trackspline.

Because most of the time i braked and then saw that the light goes on. More as
an conformation then a Point to Brake, because of my reaction time.

So i would wish to Set the light marker a little bit before the real Brake Point.

Maybe this is an Option you could include :)
It's already an option. Change config "Flash Early". E.g. 0.2 means it will light up 0.2 sec earlier

Is it possible to have the app recording while hidden? That way I can take a few laps, get consistent, then turn it on to see my brake points.
It already does. Just make sure you don't have "Don't Record" turned on in the settings

Side note: You can also just have the sound without displaying the app, if you have it enabled in the settings

How does the app choose which braking points from which lap it takes? Only from the fastest lap or is it split up into sectors or so?

Hi,

Great mod! Unfortunately it initially didn't work for me. The py_log.txt showed Python could not find ctypes:
[brakeTrainer: error] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "apps/python/brakeTrainer\brakeTrainer.py", line 16, in <module>
import sim_info
File "apps/python/brakeTrainer\sim_info.py", line 3, in <module>
import ctypes
File "S:\SteamApps\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\x64\python33.zip\ctypes\_init_.py", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: No module named '_ctypes'

Unsure why/how it actually works for you/others.. I assume perhaps another app you have already loaded it before brakeTrainer got the ctypes imported, but I'm not sure how isolated AC apps actually are.

Either way, I've fixed it by patching this: https://magic.powersource.cx/~tom/bt.patch + adding the stdlib and stdlib64 folders borrowed from CrewchiefEx (or Sidekick, or Helicorsa) into the main apps/python/brakeTrainer folder as well, now it loads for me. Probably wouldn't hurt putting this in the official release :)

Thanks!

Hi,

Great mod! Unfortunately it initially didn't work for me. The py_log.txt showed Python could not find ctypes:

Unsure why/how it actually works for you/others.. I assume perhaps another app you have already loaded it before brakeTrainer got the ctypes imported, but I'm not sure how isolated AC apps actually are.

Either way, I've fixed it by patching this: https://magic.powersource.cx/~tom/bt.patch + adding the stdlib and stdlib64 folders borrowed from CrewchiefEx (or Sidekick, or Helicorsa) into the main apps/python/brakeTrainer folder as well, now it loads for me. Probably wouldn't hurt putting this in the official release :)

Thanks!
Oh interesting, I had to do this with some other apps, but brake trainer didn't have this issue (for me). Weird inconsistency, but guess i'll put it in just to be safe. Thanks!

Now that i have been using it more, there is one thing missing, the ability to easily remove track recordings. I am sometimes changing a lot of things while testing setups, and at some point the beeps make no sense anymore, going off at all the wrong places. So, would be nice if i could erase all for the track and let it learn again.

Like the idea of this. :)

Is the braking points gathered from the best sector time now? Best lap times sometimes consist of bad sector times and training to replicate that isn't benefial and can hurt performance, I feel. :)

Like the idea of this. :)

Is the braking points gathered from the best sector time now? Best lap times sometimes consist of bad sector times and training to replicate that isn't benefial and can hurt performance, I feel. :)
Replied to another before, but I don't think i'll do a best sector version. Other than being much more complicated,
1. The braking points of different sectors might not "stitch" together properly. The approaching speed might be different based on different braking points, and they might not work together.
2. Changing it to sector times would also change the save structure, basically requiring everyone to redo all their saved braking points

Can you please make the app stop beeping when the game is paused? So at Monza for example when I'm in hotlap mode the app beeps relentlessly, equally in photo mode or replays.

Can you please make the app stop beeping when the game is paused? So at Monza for example when I'm in hotlap mode the app beeps relentlessly, equally in photo mode or replays.
I'm not sure what u mean? I've been using it in hotlap mode and the app works normally for me, just 3 beeps at each corner. If I pause while they're on going, they finish the 3 beeps and stop.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.