rF2 Brabham v March @ Hockenheimring - Thu 23Aug18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks for joining guys, that was a lot of fun.
I'm hearing that collision detection may be a little wrong on one of these cars?
Any thoughts?

Well my first two races with the club did not go well. Had to good starts but unfortunately it didn't last and unfortunately no fault of my own.:whistling:
But I enjoyed it anyway and I probably will be back for some more of the good starts;) but not so much of the rest.
Well done to the podium finishes.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for joining guys, that was a lot of fun.
I'm hearing that collision detection may be a little wrong on one of these cars?
Any thoughts?

There are some issues yes, makes close racing with these cars very hard because you don't know where the hit boxes are. Doesn't take away from how fun they are though. It was nice to race with you guys. I had a little fight with Magnus in the second race which was nice. Thanks for the event!

I have to apologize for my driving yesterday. First I forgot to change the graphic settings before the Race so I had real bad stuttering and lag in Race 1. Also not putting in 1st gear before the green light at the start did not help!
The second race was better, but again at the start I lost it and in lap two I think I crashed into the back of someone, I was passing someone on the straight before the hairpin, hit my break marker as always but locked up so bad and went straight into someone before me...
I don't know what was it, might have been the heat but I was driving very inconsistent and made so many stupid mistakes, not very typical for me actually.

Regarding the collision box, yea, something is wrong with the cars. They appear to be wider then they visually are. It's very awkward in VR when you drive next to someone, you see there is space between the tyres and suddenly you get thrown off into the air as if the wheels touched. I hit people because I used the space available, however, the empty space was filled with invisible car.

Besides that, great race guys! Those cars are fun to drive. Thanks for hosting!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back