rF2 BMW M1 @ Silverstone 1975 - Thu 30 Sept 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Severe danger of sounding like "I am an expert and very quick". With the exception of a couple of club races back in May 2020 (or whenever me, Joakim and Roy joined the fun), I don't really practice for club races. I just show up on the evening and floor it.
Which is why I always do better in Race 2 :whistling:
Yeh but you're already on pace. I was talking about trying to get somebody who is off the pace a bit, up tp speed. I often don't practice3, but it becomes quite obvious that I didn't practice. :roflmao:

:confused: wow... now here's a tip of the iceberg unveiled of what it takes to be alien-like quick I guess...
Very impressive, yet a bit daunting as well...
If I were to do this much preparation for a club racing event, I'd be able to do about 2 races a year...

Please sign me up, Denis.

Hopefully I'll have time to do some practice laps tomorrow, as I don't think I know this Silverstone layout yet.
Otherwise I'll just take my chances at seeing everyone else disappearing into the distance...:unsure:
Great to have you back Roland. I won't practice I promise. :)

:confused: wow... now here's a tip of the iceberg unveiled of what it takes to be alien-like quick I guess...
Very impressive, yet a bit daunting as well...
If I were to do this much preparation for a club racing event, I'd be able to do about 2 races a year...

Please sign me up, Denis.

Hopefully I'll have time to do some practice laps tomorrow, as I don't think I know this Silverstone layout yet.
Otherwise I'll just take my chances at seeing everyone else disappearing into the distance...:unsure:
Oh my what did I start here :roflmao: But honestly, I do like 2 times 2 hours of practice a week at max, mainly while working on the setup. Only data I look at is suspension histogram and this rolling map. Which is why I'm still far away from alien-like speed.

Severe danger of sounding like "I am an expert and very quick". With the exception of a couple of club races back in May 2020 (or whenever me, Joakim and Roy joined the fun), I don't really practice for club races. I just show up on the evening and floor it.
Which is why I always do better in Race 2 :whistling:
This is my usual procedure as well :roflmao:
If I don't know the track I just rock up 30 mins earlier lol

Humble apologies for my absense. Waiting on my new pedals to get here before I get serious again. Won't be here for this event though, only just got the email yesterday that they have arrived in stock. Should be good to go by the following week. At least there will be no more freaking spiking pots. ATM I have a clutch that operates itself (and auto clutch won't work) and a brake that works nearly most of the time, but not quite always.

Well... for me this event was a mixed bag:unsure:

First of all, upon arriving on the server I found out that neither Crewchief nor Discord was making ANY sound and all I heard were the in-game rF2 engine sounds. Hadn't noticed that before as I use neither of them for anything else other than the rF2 club.
Nor was it something I could quickly fix :(

Second, results-wise this event went even worse than expected... and it was a crystal clear reminder that currently my racing skills are not at an acceptable level to justify showing up at a race virtually unprepared with just a few quick recon laps with a borrowed car-setup. :O_o:
In R1, I finished last and got lapped by the WHOLE field minus one..:cry: R2 was only slightly better; I still got lapped but only by the leader this time. And I think I wasn't even in last place either:)
On a single lap, I wasn't even that far off the pace.. it's just the overabundance of missed apexes and other mistakes that ruin my chances of being even slightly competitive...

So now for the upside:
I LIKE this car; I like older tintops in general, cars that put up a good fight with their driver - even if I suck at driving them.
And I really like multiplayer races; Somehow mentally it makes a whole lot of difference if the other cars on track are controlled by humans as well. Even if they are so far ahead that I can't even see them:D
No idea why, but I can't be bothered with racing against computer-controlled opponents.. I certainly don't like being overtaken by a human, but I SERIOUSLY HATE being overtaken by a line of code or by some sort of algorithm.
And hotlapping.., well that's not for me either; I just can't stay focused for more than a lap or two. And currently my life is such a busy mess that i don't have time for it either.

So if it's allright with all of you, I'll just stick around here and seize the opportunity to be utterly humiliated by some real humans every now and then..:roflmao::laugh:

Thanks Denis for the event! CYA soon.

Last edited:
Well... for me this event was a mixed bag:unsure:

First of all, upon arriving on the server I found out that neither Crewchief nor Discord was making ANY sound and all I heard were the in-game rF2 engine sounds. Hadn't noticed that before as I use neither of them for anything else other than the rF2 club.
Nor was it something I could quickly fix :(

Second, results-wise this event went even worse than expected... and it was a crystal clear reminder that currently my racing skills are not at an acceptable level to justify showing up at a race virtually unprepared with just a few quick recon laps with a borrowed car-setup. :O_o:
In R1, I finished last and got lapped by the WHOLE field minus one..:cry: R2 was only slightly better; I still got lapped but only by the leader this time. And I think I wasn't even in last place either:)
On a single lap, I wasn't even that far off the pace.. it's just the overabundance of missed apexes and other mistakes that ruin my chances of being even slightly competitive...

So now for the upside:
I LIKE this car; I like older tintops in general, cars that put up a good fight with their driver - even if I suck at driving them.
And I really like multiplayer races; Somehow mentally it makes a whole lot of difference if the other cars on track are controlled by humans as well. Even if they are so far ahead that I can't even see them:D
No idea why, but I can't be bothered with racing against computer-controlled opponents.. I certainly don't like being overtaken by a human, but I SERIOUSLY HATE being overtaken by a line of code or by some sort of algorythm.
And hotlapping.., well that's not for me either; I just can't stay focused for more than a lap or two. And currently my life is such a busy mess that i don't have time for it either.

So if it's allright with all of you, I'll just stick around here and seize the opportunity to be utterly humiliated by some real humans every now and then..:roflmao::laugh:

Thanks Denis for the event! CYA soon.
Roland we both know that you are more than capable of holding your own in club races. Your life situation atm isn't helping you get back up to speed, but hopefully that'll change. I 'm hoping @Jack Smith will be hauling his boat out of the water soon (no euphamism implied) and getting his rig repaired. If so, the hope is that the 2 of you will chivy each other along and enjoy your racing a little more whilst getting back up to pace.

Even if Jack isn't back soon, you're always most welcome mate. You're one of the original crowd that I started racing with in GT Legends, back in the day.... you AND Jack. :D Couldn't wish for 2 nicer guys in our club. Please stick with us, we all go through a rough spell with sim racing occasionally (well most of us mere mortals) but it tends to work out in the end.

Having said that, SERVER IS UP for next week. Unfortunately I got a bit carried away and I've picked a track you probs won't know.... in a car that is a little tricky around there. Sorry mate. It's Nemuno Ziedas in Latvia (I think) and the Toyota Celica TA 22. I tested in a 1600 Celica by @DAZZERX which is knocking around in game on my HD. It just worked great and was very manageable, but when I came to put the server up, the 1600 is no longer available. There is a post from Dazzer on Steam that says he's gonna put an updated version out, but I know he's been busy and.... no 1600 just yet.

Anyway, long story (not very) short, we are racing the TA22 2L version.... on a bumpy rollercoaster of a track. It does try very hard to throw you off into the weeds when you first try it, so if you can find time to put an hours practice in... well it would certainly help. Sorry buddy. ;)

Last edited:
Was great fun the one race I had time to do yesterday :) Got in some nice drifting, a pass that probably looked cooler from my PoV than it was and had some spins when the tyres got slightly worn, but quite hot!

I hope @Lennart Groessl and @Redvaliant had fun watching some of the old racing footage I streamed on Discord post-race as well :) Honestly nice to experience more people having interest in old racing footage, even the obscure one, I mean this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_British_Saloon_Car_Championship is slightly niche!
One fun thing I can see there, was the TWR run Audi 80's with Martin Brundle and Stirling Moss racing the full season!

Was great fun the one race I had time to do yesterday :) Got in some nice drifting, a pass that probably looked cooler from my PoV than it was and had some spins when the tyres got slightly worn, but quite hot!

I hope @Lennart Groessl and @Redvaliant had fun watching some of the old racing footage I streamed on Discord post-race as well :) Honestly nice to experience more people having interest in old racing footage, even the obscure one, I mean this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_British_Saloon_Car_Championship is slightly niche!
One fun thing I can see there, was the TWR run Audi 80's with Martin Brundle and Stirling Moss racing the full season!

Was great watching that old footage!

Thank you Denis, for your kind words..
I guess I sounded a little dramatic in my previous post; :redface: sorry, I didn't mean to. I'm positive next time will be better.:thumbsup:
Just to be clear, I certainly did have some fun last night, I just managed to surprise myself by the sheer amount of mistakes I made..
Actually, I think Discord not working for me bothered me more than not keeping up.

Ahh.. yes, the GTL Club. I still have lots of great memories of those days:inlove: And it's a complete mystery to me how back then I managed to do 2 or 3 Club races every week, and sometimes some League racing on the side as well..
I would very much like to see Jack return too ofc. I've known him ever since I joined RD and he's an awesome guy! However he has his medical condition to consider, too:cautious:.

Anyways I'll drop in here as often as I can; it's the least I could do to show my appreciation for all the hard work you've been doing here for a long time now :thumbsup::notworthy:
I guess I better hop in my Celica and head for Latvia now for some testing. By monday night / tuesday morning I should know if I can sign up.

Oh and I too love old racing footage.. although I have never heard of a Talbot Avenger ever before.:O_o:

I guess I better hop in my Celica and head for Latvia now for some testing.

Oh and I too love old racing footage.. although I have never heard of a Talbot Avenger ever before.:O_o:

I hope both you and @Denis Betty go to Lithuania not Latvia, if not you guys will end up far behind (and away) :whistling:

Well, another post-race evening, if people have some time to spare, I'll fire up some old racing/rally/rx/hillclimb footage :)

Talking Avengers I drove two as a boy, both my mothers....originally an orange Hillman Avenger then a very blue Talbot Avenger but the most memorable both before and after having a full license was a Triumph Toledo in a fashionable cream colour.

I had an orange Hillman Hunter estate, Pimping it 1970s style like a dad!
Nice drift Ole, if only it were possible to get it right every lap there.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back