BMW e30 Touring

Cars BMW e30 Touring 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Managed to get round to this - really super job, love it! This is my sort of car, soft and rolly, not too much power, not a whole lot of grip. I hope this encourages more of these types of mods for AC!

Anyway, though I should note down some of the things that I noticed, though understand the majority is really great!

First thing I noticed is it feel maybe a little too quick - On Vintage Streets I was recording 0-100kph times in the 7.8-7.9s range (98% grip), which seemed a little quick.
I also felt the brakes were a little too effective, though it really is just a feeling, I have no data! All I know is I don't think I'd be brave enough to brake as late in my E34 525i, but I understand they are different cars (mines a little heavier).

Elsewhere the physics feel amazing. Love the slight push under power, loose rear end when provoked. The soft roll and pitch are great too, something that really is noticeable in my E34 when pushing - I have to say looking at the screens though its maybe a little too pronounced.

2nPBuhch.jpg

nWb0Tw0h.jpg

hohGGhah.jpg

Model wise, really nice job so far. I do feel the panel gaps look a little odd, a little too soft and rounded. I reckon some tris could be saved on the panel gaps and used more effectively elsewhere. There are a few rough areas (bottom of wing mirror for example) but mostly it looks nice and clean.

I tried to take a screen of one of your panel gap (bonnet to wing), but its difficult to see, so I roughly drew how I would do it (in green) vs how you've done it (in red). I think this would be a lot cleaner and save some tris, and would look just as good with an AO bake (to darken the gap).

Gf8FS8q.jpg

Anyway, just some pointers that I think would improve what is already a great mod. Really impressive so far, and thanks for making it!

Last edited:
I noticed with the 0.8 update the sound doesn't seem correct. It's ready off compared to the older versions. The rev limit bounce feels weird as well. I know it sounds off because I own this car.

I noticed with the 0.8 update the sound doesn't seem correct. It's ready off compared to the older versions. The rev limit bounce feels weird as well. I know it sounds off because I own this car.
the sound supposed to be updated, but it took more time to make it good than i expected. will revert m3 sound with next update.

Hi it is possible to have the template to realize the skin of my car please
template will come with v0.9 update.

nice job, I really enjoy doing some laps with this car. It's something different, something which is more related to my personal life, and not driving some car's I'll never be able to.

I have copied the folder to cars (and deleted the old ones) but get this error
(and I get two cars, but that is maybe the how it should be)

upload_2017-12-29_0-49-14.png

In launcher.log I have this entry:
ERROR Skin: bmw_e30_w_custom/white The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-29_0-48-49.png
    upload_2017-12-29_0-48-49.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 274

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering