rF2 BMW DTM @ Portimao - Fri Feb 03 2023 - All Free Content!

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
lQD36zc.jpg

While waiting to see what goodies S397 will bring in their slightly hidden "planned update for GT3 cars" during Q1, we'll try to bring out the BMW DTM-car that never got raced in real life for a new event! It's an officially licensed Studio 397 car, released for free!

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: See conversation(PM) about it]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM DTM

Car:

• BMW M4 DTM Class 1 - [FREE]

Track: Portimao [Free at Steam]
Layout:
F1
Track Temperature: Depends on weather
Fixed Setups: No (setups can be shared)
Start Type: Formation Lap & Rolling Start
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day.
Weather: Real Life +5 degrees celsius airtemp.
Forecast: Here
ABS/TC:
Factory Defaults

Schedule: (EU) Friday 03 February 2023
Practice: 20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (15 minutes - PRIVATE)
Warm Up: 20:35 UTC (4 minutes)
Race: 20:40 UTC (50 minutes)

Portimao-2021.png

SPECIAL INFORMATION
  • This car has DRS, so map a button for "rear flap" in the controller setup!
  • Default setup on the car is a bit understeering on turn-in and snappy on exit! Can be an idea to make it a bit more forgiving.

DRIVER LIST

1. Ole Marius Myrvold
  2. Roy Magnes
  3. Michael Rudolf
  4. Colin Peach
  5. Jasje
  6. Jimlaad43
  7. akephoe
  8. dbx71
  9. Paul_V
  10. xoSx.Racing
  11. Hartmut2
  12. Maciej Strzeboński
  13. Steve Le Gallez
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Willie
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Free
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free You
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Candy
  25. Free Spot

utp# 34 OMM

SERVER UP!

@akephoe @Jan Larsen @Herlev @xoSx.Racing @Maciej Strzeboński @wayphaxx @Cosimo @David Steinacher @rockracer @Michael Rudolf @Colin Peach @Roy Magnes @Jasje @Stammeleer @Xalfy @Michel vL @Rich Green @groy1980 @Kryztov @Daniel Krebs @Hartmut2 @Steve Le Gallez @Stephen Gibb @Ingemar Petersson @ThreeLionz @SimApprentice21 @Monkey T. @Ronny van Rooij @The Almighty Snark @Thomas Hoelzl @Daniel R. @VictorIS @CaptainLykaios @Redvaliant
@anyoneelse that haven't raced the last few weeks

This isn't actually a tagging spree for the race, even though I wouldn't dislike sign-ups.

It's a general information, and easier to tag all in one place than spreading it over multiple threads.
While there's an announcement about rFactor 2 going to allow racing against DLC content you don't own (so like R3E, iRacing etc.) with the next Release Candidate build coming this Friday. It is very likely that RD keeps with the same policy as always: Not using Release Candidates. Release Candidates are betas, and may have severe bugs/issues. Issues that previously have made servers unplayable.
The stable build containing this feature is scheduled to release the 21st of February, RaceDepartment will of course update to stable builds ASAP.
If you race places that use Release Candidate builds, and the build difference is so big that you can't play on latest stable release with the RC-build, it is very quick to change between the two (just change the opt-in in settings on Steam).

Regardless, this is a massive step forward for rFactor 2, let's hope it will bring in more players as well :)

Thanks for the info, Ole. I picked the Endurance and BTCC packs when I got RF2, but skipped the GT3 pack as I already have those in ACC. I was intrigued by the Friday GT3 event a few weeks ago, now it looks like I can join in with future races without getting the whole pack.

I can't make this race on Friday as I have an AMS2 race at a similar time.

that car looks a beast! im 20% in. flying back from dk on Thursday, then traveling to north England on Saturday morning.. depends how tired i am

In please, this car is a handful..

DRS? OOh yeah gimmicky race lets go I'm in!

50-50 here as i might be not at home friday. But if I'm home i'll be in;)

you know, i see you could use more drivers for fridays race... what the heck, let me give a shot! i'll do my best not to cause any major accidents!

I am finally home! Wrote the tag post at the airport while waiting for the train home :p

All of you are of course in! Regardless of 20 or 90% certainty! :)

And @dbx71 with this car, you'll probably not be alone in causing... things. It's not the easiest car to tame!

@akephoe @Jan Larsen @Herlev @xoSx.Racing @Maciej Strzeboński @wayphaxx @Cosimo @David Steinacher @rockracer @Michael Rudolf @Colin Peach @Roy Magnes @Jasje @Stammeleer @Xalfy @Michel vL @Rich Green @groy1980 @Kryztov @Daniel Krebs @Hartmut2 @Steve Le Gallez @Stephen Gibb @Ingemar Petersson @ThreeLionz @SimApprentice21 @Monkey T. @Ronny van Rooij @The Almighty Snark @Thomas Hoelzl @Daniel R. @VictorIS @CaptainLykaios @Redvaliant
@anyoneelse that haven't raced the last few weeks

This isn't actually a tagging spree for the race, even though I wouldn't dislike sign-ups.

It's a general information, and easier to tag all in one place than spreading it over multiple threads.
While there's an announcement about rFactor 2 going to allow racing against DLC content you don't own (so like R3E, iRacing etc.) with the next Release Candidate build coming this Friday. It is very likely that RD keeps with the same policy as always: Not using Release Candidates. Release Candidates are betas, and may have severe bugs/issues. Issues that previously have made servers unplayable.
The stable build containing this feature is scheduled to release the 21st of February, RaceDepartment will of course update to stable builds ASAP.
If you race places that use Release Candidate builds, and the build difference is so big that you can't play on latest stable release with the RC-build, it is very quick to change between the two (just change the opt-in in settings on Steam).

Regardless, this is a massive step forward for rFactor 2, let's hope it will bring in more players as well :)
Due to party time next friday ,I can't make this one

I am finally home! Wrote the tag post at the airport while waiting for the train home :p

All of you are of course in! Regardless of 20 or 90% certainty! :)

And @dbx71 with this car, you'll probably not be alone in causing... things. It's not the easiest car to tame!
uhhhh, now i'm really getting jittery. i better check out that car for a few practice laps to see what i've gotten myself into.... ;-]

uhhhh, now i'm really getting jittery. i better check out that car for a few practice laps to see what i've gotten myself into.... ;-]

It just takes a bit of time to get used to. Also, don't try to make massive line-changes when DRS is open, you will find yourself doing this:

Hi Ole, I'm pretty certain I can make this , so sign me up please. Not sure what I'm letting myself in for yet though.

Think LMP2 downforce in a GT3 car :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back