rF2 BMW DTM @ Portimao - Fri Feb 03 2023 - All Free Content!

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
This car is a beast. Beware that is doesn't seem to like a lot of throttle while turning. I'd advise doing some practice laps tonight before joining the race tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, this car is excellent and the track is a joy, but I advise you do a couple of laps if possible, as I don't think jumping straight into the qualifying session if you're running late tomorrow is going to give you a good experience.

Hi all;
I've been doing some practice laps in this car, and the hype is real. This car is a true beast... but I like it! Not a fan of other BMWs I've tried in sims--most seem to drive like tanks, but this one is off the rails!

With that said, I'm going to give it my best, but as a true noob at rF2 (see screenshot below), would it be too much to ask for a little traction control assist, or maybe stability control...? Maybe I ask for too much... Don't want to bring down the level of the challenge here for the veteran drivers just thought it might make the event go more smoothly--at least for me! Either way, I'll give it my best.

View attachment 636502View attachment 636502

Hi all;
I've been doing some practice laps in this car, and the hype is real. This car is a true beast... but I like it! Not a fan of other BMWs I've tried in sims--most seem to drive like tanks, but this one is off the rails!

With that said, I'm going to give it my best, but as a true noob at rF2 (see screenshot below), would it be too much to ask for a little traction control assist, or maybe stability control...? Maybe I ask for too much... Don't want to bring down the level of the challenge here for the veteran drivers just thought it might make the event go more smoothly--at least for me! Either way, I'll give it my best.

View attachment 636502View attachment 636502
If a little bit of electronic assistance is something you'd like to try to get used to Club racing here, then you're in luck!
The Single-Seater Monday race coincidentally is using a car which comes with TC and even automatic shifting. Come along to this race too if it's something you'd be interested in!

We tend to use the real life settings, which means you cannot activate the ABS and TC from the driving aids meny (F1-F10), but from the setup screen.
DTM ran without driving aids, so that's how we will do it as well.
The multiclass Fridays have cars with TC, and when the GT3 cars gets the update, and we know it's working as intended, those will be used, and they have both ABS and TC :)

This is actually an outlier in terms of Friday racing in rF2 when it comes to no driving aids and the speed of the car :)

We tend to use the real life settings, which means you cannot activate the ABS and TC from the driving aids meny (F1-F10), but from the setup screen.
DTM ran without driving aids, so that's how we will do it as well.
The multiclass Fridays have cars with TC, and when the GT3 cars gets the update, and we know it's working as intended, those will be used, and they have both ABS and TC :)

This is actually an outlier in terms of Friday racing in rF2 when it comes to no driving aids and the speed of the car :)
Got it. I understand completely and can respect that. Thanks for the clarification.

Quoting you two again! :p

Sign me in, please. Not a fan of these cars, but fan of racing, so here we go!

It's a temporary stop-gap solution while waiting for the GT3 update! It's not likely that this BMW will be used for another year, or two... or ten. Hah!

Sign me in, please. Haven't raced in a long time :redface: I hope I won't ruin someone's race.

We've missed you! So great to have you back!

The results are uploaded: https://ommyrvold.net/rdrf2/feb23.html
Click "races" to see proper in-depth stat from the race.

1675465786982.png

Slight bug with the 2023 stats, so not uploading that atm.

@dbx71 Not sure why you didn't have your tires changed the first time you stopped, as I think the default pit-setting is changing tyres.
However, when I look at the "Incidents/Chat" tab on the race - I can see that you got a couple of S&G for speeding. In rFactor 2, a stop&go penalty is being served automatically if you don't manually choose "don't serve" before you stop. It also doesn't serve a penalty and do the pit-stop in the same stop sadly. So that's why you didn't get any tyre changes the next two times.

The results are uploaded: https://ommyrvold.net/rdrf2/feb23.html
Click "races" to see proper in-depth stat from the race.

Slight bug with the 2023 stats, so not uploading that atm.

@dbx71 Not sure why you didn't have your tires changed the first time you stopped, as I think the default pit-setting is changing tyres.
However, when I look at the "Incidents/Chat" tab on the race - I can see that you got a couple of S&G for speeding. In rFactor 2, a stop&go penalty is being served automatically if you don't manually choose "don't serve" before you stop. It also doesn't serve a penalty and do the pit-stop in the same stop sadly. So that's why you didn't get any tyre changes the next two times.
Thanks for checking into that Ole. I probably should have practiced pit stops a bit more it seems. I always manage to mess something up. Yes, I think the first time I went into the pit, for some reason my pit settings for tire change were set to 'Do Not Change'....
Didn't notice that until I was driving out of pit since the pit stop seemed suspiciously short. Then I attempted to go back in again, and got a freakin' speeding in pits penalty with still no tire change... Went around the circuit one more time, pitting again the third time to serve stop-go penalty, finally giving up on tire change; (face palm).

Limped around the rest of the race with original set of tires that were flat spotted and shaking down the straights. lol. At least I didn't run out of gas! Anyways, I knew I wasn't going to be giving any body any serious competition so I'll just chock it up to a learning experience.

A lot of new things for me to learn here, but I'm enjoying the process and am determined to nail this down. Thanks guys not knocking me off the track while attempting to get around me.

Cheers.

Limped around the rest of the race with original set of tires that were flat spotted and shaking down the straights. lol. At least I didn't run out of gas! Anyways, I knew I wasn't going to be giving any body any serious competition so I'll just chock it up to a learning experience.

A lot of new things for me to learn here, but I'm enjoying the process and am determined to nail this down. Thanks guys not knocking me off the track while attempting to get around me.

rF2 takes some races to get used to!
Luckily this is probably going to be the hardest car to drive for quite a while (except maybe some of the Historical beasts that Denis puts out ;P )

rF2 takes some races to get used to!
Luckily this is probably going to be the hardest car to drive for quite a while (except maybe some of the Historical beasts that Denis puts out ;P )
Nice!
Well, I figured out what happened with my pit stop tire change settings. For some reason, whenever I start a race, my HUD display starts scrolling through all the pages and settings automatically until I pass the start-finish line. It leaves my tire change setting on 'No Change'... I guess I have some conflicting button assignments causing that. Not sure where though since I only have the function for cycling through the HUD displays assigned to one button. I'll have to mess around with it. At least I know what the problem is now, and I know how to change the tire selection for the pit stop on the fly while in race now.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back