rF2 BMW 635 @ Willow Springs - Thu 25 Mar 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
1616338012517.png

Another 51 laps of practise from me and tons of rubber from my ai friends, they are really slow over here with that car. I'm on an low 1:17 yet but still not consistent consistent to fail I am^^.

yesterday I drove that Honda NSX on that track also quiet nice car for learning tracks and get a better line instead starting with an racecar which brings me sometimes strange lines.

maybe I'm back for some practising in the evening around racetime.

what is an good laptime over here? AI is 1:22 and worse.

Last edited:
View attachment 457022

what is an good laptime over here? AI is 1:22 and worse.
The only rule of Race Club is we don't post laptimes - to keep newbies from running for the hills. But those are good times. This track is a balls out blast with the track edges daring you to try and find time and not find the sand which will drag you off the track. Last corner is just a Wall-Of-Death experience.
love it.

The only rule of Race Club is we don't post laptimes - to keep newbies from running for the hills. But those are good times. This track is a balls out blast with the track edges daring you to try and find time and not find the sand which will drag you off the track. Last corner is just a Wall-Of-Death experience.
love it.
is that the reason almost nobody joins the server for doing some laps, to have fear someone see the laptime? I like to race with faster people at least I can learn something. My goal is not to win I like more the closer racing with a lot of passings. I don't care about hiding anything if I think I have a good setup and someone struggle, I give my setup or try to help to get some line help while practising if I notice my line seems to be better. getting the field closer together we all should interested in to keep it more interesting for all. if you are always miles ahead of the field driving alone or the back is not that nice for my taste then have a good race in the mid of the field. ;)

This track could be so much easier but there are barly points you can easy use as braking or turn in markers. when I started with practising I need a while to find the line now it feels like an track with great flow but still difficult in some areas, also in that car that huge mirror is blocking a bit the view in one corner which makes it not easier.

This track is definitely a challenge! The more you run it, the more time you'll find. I have yet to feel like I've got a good handle on it, but it makes for good racing with a wide tarmac and multiple lines.

is that the reason almost nobody joins the server for doing some laps, to have fear someone see the laptime?
I could show my lap time so nobody will depress. :roflmao:

But thanks to Stan I gained a few seconds. It is always good to practice with somebody. If you are making mistakes you can see how a faster driver is doing and learn a bit, if you are being faster you enjoy to be so good. :D

is that the reason almost nobody joins the server for doing some laps, to have fear someone see the laptime?

I think the main reason is that many of the people racing here have many other races during the week as well. At least I often see people showing up in other discord-channels during the week, and I know some are driving in non RD-leagues as well :)

Personally I just never practice. I did it a couple of times back in May 2020 when I came back to rF2 after not having spent time in the game for some years, but other than that I get too easily bored with practice. Just put the car on the track with a pretty much default setup (change fuel, brake balance, brake pressure and steering lock) and I'll have fun during the races.

I think the main reason is that many of the people racing here have many other races during the week as well. At least I often see people showing up in other discord-channels during the week, and I know some are driving in non RD-leagues as well :)

Personally I just never practice. I did it a couple of times back in May 2020 when I came back to rF2 after not having spent time in the game for some years, but other than that I get too easily bored with practice. Just put the car on the track with a pretty much default setup (change fuel, brake balance, brake pressure and steering lock) and I'll have fun during the races.
maybe it is just me to get used to an track and car, setup is useless if you not have any idea of the track.
this track for example I never drove before on any sim. I think the first 10 laps I missed the braking and steering point on the sharpest right this track has. when I sorted that out I found an new corner were I could fail 10 times a raw which made before no problem at all. I need to practise because I don't want to ruin the race from others because of no idea where to go.

still planing my workshop in the basement. Looking forward to build a new rig again. this office chairs with rolls underneath, a flexing table where the wheel is mounted with 2 screw clamps is really ghetto and makes it awefull to be consistent

maybe it is just me to get used to an track and car, setup is useless if you not have any idea of the track.
this track for example I never drove before on any sim. I think the first 10 laps I missed the braking and steering point on the sharpest right this track has. when I sorted that out I found an new corner were I could fail 10 times a raw which made before no problem at all. I need to practise because I don't want to ruin the race from others because of no idea where to go.

still planing my workshop in the basement. Looking forward to build a new rig again. this office chairs with rolls underneath, a flexing table where the wheel is mounted with 2 screw clamps is really ghetto and makes it awefull to be consistent

Oh, it's all individual, I know people also like to drive laps after laps on tracks just to find that little tenth here and there as well. I wish I had that drive inside me, but I don't :)

That "ghetto" setup, sounds like how I have it!
o7HV2sv.jpg

Lightweight IKEA-table, G29 clamped to it, chair with wheels. Table/desk shared with another person. This is also my office, as I don't have a dedicated office, or room at any of the two football stadiums where I run the kiosks :p It works! I don't even roll backwards with my chair, even though I have nothing to stop it rolling!

As a Norwegian, I support the Swedish music heroes, also when it comes to Swedish Elvis singers! And if you ever wonder. This is genuinely 110% serious. Not a joke.

Okay, ears are bleeding, please don't let this be the last memory of Swedish music!!!
How are Norwegian Elvis sound like??

Last edited:
Oh, it's all individual, I know people also like to drive laps after laps on tracks just to find that little tenth here and there as well. I wish I had that drive inside me, but I don't :)

That "ghetto" setup, sounds like how I have it!
o7HV2sv.jpg

Lightweight IKEA-table, G29 clamped to it, chair with wheels. Table/desk shared with another person. This is also my office, as I don't have a dedicated office, or room at any of the two football stadiums where I run the kiosks :p It works! I don't even roll backwards with my chair, even though I have nothing to stop it rolling!
yours looking not that ghetto at all. I'm using the desk I had as kid which has not 4 legs on the outside like yours, it has two legs right in the middle of the table on the outsides. My table top moves couple of degrees up and down while braking or releasing, my pedals get hold by some dumbbell bars in distance to the wall, and the wheel is mounted with two of this in the picture which not allows me to use my clutch, also the table don't allows to mount the shifter because not deep enough.
I really roll around while braking with that chair, which is also broken from braking, the bracket from the back part of the chair ripped of, already tryed to fix it but it didn't last long, now it whobbles to everyside while sitting on.

putting an bottle of bear on the table while racing not possible the ffb and the movement from the tabletop cleans of itself from all stuff. I also put my mouse away while racing or I have an flickering courser moving over the screen while racing:roflmao::poop:

1616420501952.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back