ACC Blancpain GT @ Spa Francorchamps 2018 - Sunday 26th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Sorry guys, got divebombed way into the braking zone at the end of the straight from about 5 car lengths back. Ended up the wrong way lookin at Damo. Other driver just kept on goin'.

Wasn't going to be fun to finish and then have to rush to get ready for work, maybe next time.

Again some crap, but I guess was because of the latency. I will stay away from Aussies`s server, net is just not good enough for close racing.
@Rob Sharp, how did you see the incident? From my pov, you knocked me out directly. From yours?

Again some crap, but I guess was because of the latency. I will stay away from Aussies`s server, net is just not good enough for close racing.
@Rob Sharp, how did you see the incident? From my pov, you knocked me out directly. From yours?
Sorry Mitja, I really should have waited, I didn't realise the bump affected you as badly as it did. Looked more or less like a racing incident to me. We made contact at about this point on my screen and it wasn't a dive from me into that second apex. I think it should have just been a light sidepod bump but netcode seemed a bit harsh.

Sorry guys, got divebombed way into the braking zone at the end of the straight from about 5 car lengths back. Ended up the wrong way lookin at Damo. Other driver just kept on goin'.

Wasn't going to be fun to finish and then have to rush to get ready for work, maybe next time.
had a good look at the replay and @lhutchy unfortunately went in far too deep on brakes and the result was @Fred Locklear and @Damien van de Velde out of the race basically. You should have really waited for those guys Lee, that is the golden rule:(
It was a typical cold tyres, cold brakes scenario but you must account for that on the first lap of a 90 min race and redress the positions

Sorry Mitja, I really should have waited, I didn't realise the bump affected you as badly as it did. Looked more or less like a racing incident to me. We made contact at about this point on my screen and it wasn't a dive from me into that second apex. I think it should have just been a light sidepod bump but netcode seemed a bit harsh.

I had a good look at this and think it was partly netcode but @Mitja Bonca could have definitely left more room, you were far enough i think. These 2 shots are a split second apart and you can see Mitja squeezing you out but he would not have known you were even there i think? classic net code racing incident.

AC2-Win64-Shipping_2020-04-26_22-35-36.png

AC2-Win64-Shipping_2020-04-26_22-36-15.png

had a good look at the replay and @lhutchy unfortunately went in far too deep on brakes and the result was @Fred Locklear and @Damien van de Velde out of the race basically. You should have really waited for those guys Lee, that is the golden rule:(
It was a typical cold tyres, cold brakes scenario but you must account for that on the first lap of a 90 min race and redress the positions

@Fred Locklear @Damien van de Velde I am Sorry, On my screen you were still clear in front of me as I could see Fred's both tail lights. I guess my net code caught me out. Sorry.

I had a good look at this and think it was partly netcode but @Mitja Bonca could have definitely left more room, you were far enough i think. These 2 shots are a split second apart and you can see Mitja squeezing you out but he would not have known you were even there i think? classic net code racing incident.

View attachment 366660

View attachment 366661
Just to clear things out now, when we have the real proofs:

1st thing: I don`t this so. I was WELL aware he was there, and you can clearly see I left him enough room on the inside, for a width and a half - from me to the red sausage curb on the inside! After seeing these 2 pics, I am sure that the net code didn`t have nothing to do with me being catapulted ouf of track.
Btw, he admitted that he should have waited, but apparently he decided to go all in - and didn`t pay off, at least not for me. So unfair driving. As simple as that!

Another thing: what you guys clearly don`t see, is where the blue car is pointing!! Not into the turn, but out of it, straight into me. And this is not a net code mistake. He surely out braked him self, if I wasn`t there, he would go well outside of racing line. Strange decision, specially after me being way faster, can`t understand why people then have to defend for all costs! Just can`t.

I guess none who does things like that, has ever tried how Real Life racing looks life, that`s for sure, 100% sure. If anyone you who does that, would race like that IRL, that career would end up very very shortly, one way or another.

--
And that`s how another RD race went down the drain...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back