ACC Blancpain GT @ Spa Francorchamps 2018 - Sunday 26th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Just to clear things out now, when we have the real proofs:

1st thing: I don`t this so. I was WELL aware he was there, and you can clearly see I left him enough room on the inside, for a width and a half - from me to the red sausage curb on the inside! After seeing these 2 pics, I am sure that the net code didn`t have nothing to do with me being catapulted ouf of track.
Btw, he admitted that he should have waited, but apparently he decided to go all in - and didn`t pay off, at least not for me. So unfair driving. As simple as that!

Another thing: what you guys clearly don`t see, is where the blue car is pointing!! Not into the turn, but out of it, straight into me. And this is not a net code mistake. He surely out braked him self, if I wasn`t there, he would go well outside of racing line. Strange decision, specially after me being way faster, can`t understand why people then have to defend for all costs! Just can`t.

I guess none who does things like that, has ever tried how Real Life racing looks life, that`s for sure, 100% sure. If anyone you who does that, would race like that IRL, that career would end up very very shortly, one way or another.

--
And that`s how another RD race went down the drain...
I will get some video if i can for you of the replay, the netcode caused the 2 of you to hit each other on the right hand corner just before the left which caused robs car to come in at a weird angle, you were 1 metre apart and robs car got punted to the left. Was just an unfortunate incident and Rob has clearly apologized. In real racing cars don't move at weird angles due to ping issues either:)
Did your car get damaged because on the replay you were hit on the side? did this cause an aero issue?

1st thing: I don`t this so. I was WELL aware he was there, and you can clearly see I left him enough room on the inside, for a width and a half - from me to the red sausage curb on the inside! After seeing these 2 pics, I am sure that the net code didn`t have nothing to do with me being catapulted ouf of track.
Btw, he admitted that he should have waited, but apparently he decided to go all in - and didn`t pay off, at least not for me. So unfair driving. As simple as that!

Another thing: what you guys clearly don`t see, is where the blue car is pointing!! Not into the turn, but out of it, straight into me. And this is not a net code mistake. He surely out braked him self, if I wasn`t there, he would go well outside of racing line. Strange decision, specially after me being way faster, can`t understand why people then have to defend for all costs! Just can`t.

I guess none who does things like that, has ever tried how Real Life racing looks life, that`s for sure, 100% sure. If anyone you who does that, would race like that IRL, that career would end up very very shortly, one way or another.

--

Hi @Mitja Bonca , It is a pity that the incident happened. The way i see it (and I was just behind you guys at the time) is that even though you left just enough room, it is a very very tricky corner when on the inside and he had every right to still be there (Netcode aside - which Tony thinks may be why his car is pointing in that direction in the first place), i would have left a bit more room on the inside curb there to be safe if you knew he was there. This would have allowed both of you to exit the corner safely and you probably would have had him at the hairpin anyway.

We are not all professional race drivers here, and mistakes are easily made, i always try err on the side of caution and give extra space in club races, because everyone racing here is at different levels.

I do agree however that Rob probably should have waited for you and let you pass after the incident (i know i would have). Being on teamspeak helps with this in club races as you could have easily have called out to Rob that he should probably give up his place as he hit into your side, so i recommend using that in future. If you threw this in a professional race to the race stewards it would still go down as a racing incident in my opinion, but then in real racing you wouldnt have netcode :)

On a side note I had a super fun race, and had great late stint pace. It's a pity i lost concentration once again and missed a brake mark into the back of @PotatoSalad007 , and i think after that I was a bit sorry for causing some damage to you that i lost concentration and lost it all by myself. I really need to learn concentration, but glad i had some good pace. Thanks all for a super fun race, and it is a pity we couldn't have had a proper battle due to my mistake Bor.

Last edited:
I will get some video if i can for you of the replay, the netcode caused the 2 of you to hit each other on the right hand corner just before the left which caused robs car to come in at a weird angle, you were 1 metre apart and robs car got punted to the left. Was just an unfortunate incident and Rob has clearly apologized. In real racing cars don't move at weird angles due to ping issues either:)
Did your car get damaged because on the replay you were hit on the side? did this cause an aero issue?
It also sucks that ACC has such crap netcode!

--

Thank you to all who have looked at this and for your input.

To clarify when i said I should have waited, I mean after the incident to enable you to catch up properly and I apologise for not doing so.

I don't think the closure speed of the crash should have caused your car to rebound from mine with quite to much force, I would guess this is a netcode issue.

I think a video would certainly help clear things up. From the very rough photo that I posted earlier which shows the frame in which the initial contact occurs you can see my car is still on the white line as it is in the other photos. I've had a look at the data and my speed was less than 70 kph at the Apex which is sufficiently slow to keep space on the outside of the apex. Although it is worth noting I released the steering lock post apex when I saw from radar the outside of the track was clear.

Considering the high ping and netcode issues I hope you'll agree we both could have left a bit more racing room throughout those two corners.

To go a bit more into it: no matter your speed, the issue there was that your car was pointing into the wrong direction, not into a turn but straight out of it - to pits lets say.
But that was cause few other reasons I guess, I did that kind of mistakes in the past too, u know, we are only humans, and we only learn on our own mistakes.
What happened there: I might caught you a bit surprised, maybe you didn`t expect me to dive there, but its a passing opportunity and I went for it. I guess that`s why you didn`t react like you normally should, so you were a bit confused what to do, and I squeezed you there a bit. And all happened in an instance of course. So I don`t blame you for that, I would only like to tell you, if you come again to this kind of situation, you back off, specially if the guy behind is way faster - why keeping him behind, both of you will suffer - believe me.

To go a bit more into it: no matter your speed, the issue there was that your car was pointing into the wrong direction, not into a turn but straight out of it - to pits lets say.
But that was cause few other reasons I guess, I did that kind of mistakes in the past too, u know, we are only humans, and we only learn on our own mistakes.
What happened there: I might caught you a bit surprised, maybe you didn`t expect me to dive there, but its a passing opportunity and I went for it. I guess that`s why you didn`t react like you normally should, so you were a bit confused what to do, and I squeezed you there a bit. And all happened in an instance of course. So I don`t blame you for that, I would only like to tell you, if you come again to this kind of situation, you back off, specially if the guy behind is way faster - why keeping him behind, both of you will suffer - believe me.

I agree with you that certainly in a competitive race, it's much more beneficial to let a faster car past with minimal hassle. However the leader was only 8 tenths up the road and as @Pappa_G_27 has pointed out, you probably would have had me at the hairpin anyway.

I would suggest that speed and line go together, as my speed was sufficiently slow enough that I could keep a tight line through the corner allowing space on the outside. I acknowledge that because of the previous contact I was on the left hand side of the track although maybe not on the exact trajectory the screenshot suggests as when the collision occurs a car length or two after the screenshots my car is much more rotated round the corner. I'm not sure but I suspect my front wheel was only just off the white line when the contact occurred.

I still maintain the incident should have been more of a light tap than the big crash it was and I will race more carefully to minimise the risk of any contact due to the chance of these exaggerated crashes happening. As the others have said I think a little more racing room especially since you are so fast and would likely have come past in the next lap anyway would have avoided the crash.

If we re-look at the incident and I am judged to be at fault I'm happy to take the blame. From my point of view it was 6 of one, half a dozen of the other and a bit of netcode on top. I'm sorry for my contribution.

No need to be sorry. Surely net-code did its job regarding the severity of the impact, no doubt about it. I took a risk as well, when trying a hard pass there, I didn`t even came along side you, but dived a bit, although I stopped my car in time, and you saw me doing that, and came way around as normal racing like is. So we can mark it as a racing incident, which wouldn`t be as severe as it has been, without of a not-good net-code. Case closed.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%