• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU Blancpain GT @ Nurburgring - Sunday 31st March 2019

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club' started by Bram Hengeveld, Mar 25, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 31-03-19
  1. Jarkko Torvinen

Jarkko Torvinen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +28
    Thanks for the race! results from server1:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Robert C Edwards

Robert C Edwards

Ratings:
    +0
    Ugh, sorry to anyone I caused any issues, I was having terrible issues with my hardware setup and once you're in...

3. MoDeezy

MoDeezy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah, this **** right here... Awesome race. Thanks Bram & Racedepartment for some nice clean close quarters racing. Got a lovetap in the first corner, was 18th or 19th and worked my way up. After 5 laps of the 24, i saw i picked up a Bavarian shadow by the name of Tommy Saari. While getting up to 7th or 8 th, this guy has been on my tail for 20 laps within 1 to 2 seconds, not many times i was on edge in simulator racing like this.
    So thanks all and so good to have this refreshing way when coming from Rocket League Public lobby chaos, till next week @ Misano. @Tommi Saari good race bro!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. MoDeezy

MoDeezy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8
    PS: @Jarkko Torvinen That Bentley of yours was it on a slim fast diet ? Those were some fast lap times yo with that Titanic on wheels nice one haha.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +225
    Really enjoyed this race. Looking forward to the future of ACC!! :D

6. Jarkko Torvinen

Jarkko Torvinen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +28
    No it was awful at first with fuel, not turning anywhere :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  7. Josh Martin

Josh Martin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +34
    Great Racing everyone tonight, esp. server 2! Such great fights!

ANYONE COMPlAINING OF HUD ISSUES AT THE START OF RACE, PRESS "F2" :)

• Beer Beer x 1
  8. Gianfrest

Gianfrest
    Premium

Ratings:
    +21
    GR ! first victory for me :D !!!

• Beer Beer x 1
  9. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +106
    I tried every F(rigging) button without success mate.:mad:

• Beer Beer x 1
  10. Frank

Frank
    RaceDepartment Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,036
    And yet, out of 45 people, you were the only one with issues. Also don’t forget the servers are freshly started up.

There is an old saying for this; “if you smell poop, you might want to check your own shoes first.”

Where did we tell you that you can’t join in qualifying? We prefer people not joining the server in Q, but you are allowed to join.

11. Celtic Pharaoh

Celtic Pharaoh
    Premium

Ratings:
    +928
    @Frank @Bram Hengeveld can you guys look into the issue with qualifying? All positions were jumbled up for the race in server 2, I don't know if you guys had the same issue in server 1

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Jarkko Torvinen

Jarkko Torvinen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +28
    Yes, and on friday. Never seen this happen with 0.6.5

13. Frank

Frank

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Yep, I am working on it. So far no one had an answer on how to solve it yet. I’ll post in the kunos forums.

• Like Like x 1
  14. manu68

manu68
    Premium

Ratings:
    +271
    First, I would like to thank a lot the organisators of such an event. And also mention the global talent of the drivers on the server 2. What a pace ! !

For the rest, I would like to explain why this experience online with acc will be the last for me at the moment.
    To make it simple, it is the worst experience I had online in about 20 years.
    The game is nice but nowhere near to be playable. The UI is all but not comprehensive.
    At some point during the practise and qualification there were car suddenly flying or sinking into the track everywhere ! It took me time to realise I was disconnected from the server, just because there was no alarm at all. I could keep on playing normally , which is totally weird.
    The worse is coming.
    When the game switched to the grid before the race, I had no wheel, no hub, Nothing. I had to press escape and drive again to be back with a "normal" game.
    But it was probably already to late. I have waited as an idiot on thé grid for the race to start for about 15.min before to realize that something was wrong. I then asked and had the confirmation that the race was already started.

Game over.

It is more than I can bear because as many guys here I have to make compromise with my family life to prepare the race and make it.
    I can not offer myself to lose time like that for a totally unfinished and buggy simulation, when solid simulations as assetto corsa or others are available. Also I will stay away from acc until the final release and I will see. Until then I will play the game offline or events.

ACC is a splendid game, but the online part is just unplayable for me.

I can not imagine a serious guy like kunos as the multiplayer complète re-written

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  15. Ture

Ture
    Premium

Ratings:
    +18
    so I looked into the internet and people who have wifi in Italy or even farther places could have high "ping" and "latency".
    This parameters are let's say a measure of response in speed and stability, so try to use ethernet cable to improve you connection.
    I want to underline that I still have to check mine, but, assuming it's our problem, this could be the issue.
    About the grid issue instead, they are now starting this discussion here:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...n-for-server-admins.54830/page-7#post-1035390

Considering the nature of the discussion this is almost surely a configuration related issue.
    To the organization: can we have a test before then friday.
    I had multiple hours on the rd test server without any issue, so we should investigate.
    thanks a lot.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  16. manu68

manu68
    Premium

Ratings:
    +271
    I personally don't claim being disconnected.
    Of course we are responsible for our own connection
    The problem is more than at least we should know or see that we are disconnected !
    And having to press f2 or anything else to have the hub on the grid just makes me laugh so close from the final release. All works perfectly offline.

And that said, why a perfectly stable with assetto corsa or other simulation should be unstable only with ACC ?

17. Frank

Frank

Ratings:
    +1,036
    As said above we are investigating. And if you wonder who started that discussion on the AC forums; that is me ;-).

• Like Like x 2
  18. Frank

Frank

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Sorry to read you had so many issues, I am quite sure it will improve along the line. Thank you for joining either way :).

19. manu68

manu68
    Premium

Ratings:
    +271
    As I said, I am a fan of ACC.
    But I will join again only when it will work properly, which is not the case for me at the moment.
    ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.