ACC Blancpain GT @ Barcelona - Wednesday 15th January 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
At least some people had a good race. After I was taken out before the end of the first lap and tried to regain some positions I must have had a bumper sticker saying block me and annoy me as much as you can :( Probably one of the worst racesI had in this club
i think i let you pass me easily...when someone clearly has the pace on you like you did to me i see no point needlessly blocking...in fact if i follow somone quicker i am more likely to increase my pace which is what i tried to do but i think you had another off ??

i think i let you pass me easily...when someone clearly has the pace on you like you did to me i see no point needlessly blocking...in fact if i follow somone quicker i am more likely to increase my pace which is what i tried to do but i think you had another off ??
Yea I had a couple of incidents and I don’t remember all of them so probably it wasn‘t you. Also having been annoyed about the lap one incident certainly didn‘t help with my patience :whistling:

Sorry to hear that, the track also does not help, you can easily place the car to block in Barcelona, very little opportunity to pass unless the car in front makes a mistake.
Very true, also the Ferrari as much as I like it has it‘s weekness there. With the BOP it‘s great on braking and corners but accelerating out of corners other cars often just pull away and you have a hard time being close enough to brake past on the next corner

Personally i dont think anyone should let anybody through even if they are quicker unless its blue flags we can all get quicker by doing hotlaps or racing against AI but knowing how to defend is as important to i spent 40 minutes of the race behind @Ricoow when i was quicker but with him not letting me through and him defending so hard made it a brilliant race for the both of us but thats just my opinion :)

@JoaoCastella don't get too fast too quickly!;)
@Michael Rudolf fair enough to a point. We are all racing, be it fast or slow, we all are entitled to the racing line particularly if we are on the same lap but having said that deliberate blocking the faster car is not on . Yes when there is an opportunity to let a "faster" driver through without slowing oneself down we should. If a faster driver has made a mistake and lands up behind maybe he is driving beyond his skills and has gone off track for this reason. It is very unlikely he will get back to where his original position was. It is all about consistency and staying on the right side of the limit. Yeah there are incidents that are out of our controle that happen and you land up having to drive through the slower guys. For meI take this as a good opportunity to practice skills in overtaking.
I once did a 24hr Le Mans in each of our first two stints we got taken out in the 1st corner landing up last at one stage (65+cars) you just feel like all is lost and giving up is all too easy but with our consistency and some fast guys making mistakes we ended up 5th ok we were in LMP1 so overtaking GT cars was relatively easy and of course some faster guys that did give up after incidences.
If I was one of your slow guys, my apologies and I promise it was not intentional.

Personally i dont think anyone should let anybody through even if they are quicker unless its blue flags we can all get quicker by doing hotlaps or racing against AI but knowing how to defend is as important to i spent 40 minutes of the race behind @Ricoow when i was quicker but with him not letting me through and him defending so hard made it a brilliant race for the both of us but thats just my opinion :)
I never let anyone through (unless Blue or unlapping and faster), not even when a leader pitted and slots in behind me whilst I still have to pit, and I feel nobody should. It's great that you can lap fast, but racing is more than that. If you fall behind due to driver error, incidents or technical failures and want to make up for it, then show me how much of a racer you really are by passing my in a fight. Force me into an error (without contact) and go past, use my slipstream or outbrake me, but don't expect me to yield just because you qualified faster than me.
When I have the faster guys behind me, I fight them as hard as I can, that also learns me stuff on cornering. Sometimes my best lap of the race is set under full pressure, I take other lines than usual to stay ahead.
Never ever feel obliged to yield when you are fighting for position. As soon as you do, you stop racing...

@eSEA One @Ricoow Don‘t mean to say always let faster ppl pass, just saying try be mind- and respectful which some of what I‘ve seen wasn‘t, at least from my point of view. We‘re all here to have fun. Also pretty sure I was not going over my limit when I was taken out from behind :rolleyes:
Yeah that is generally a thing that applies to all overtaking I am afraid. Some people defend a bit too hard which could be borderline dangerous.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back