ACC Blancpain GT @ Barcelona - Saturday 8th June 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Over all good racing. I got rear ended by an AMG and he did not yield the position back to me. He will remain nameless. I did see a lot of dive bombing in here. Late braking is late braking to a point. After that it's just dangerous. Congratulations to the winners!

From my end the server is stuck in free practice with everyone waiting. No admins around?
Turned out I had to disconnect and reconnect. I think I discoed somewhere, but the server never said anything.
Anyway, got back in with no time to qualify so started 21st and last. Plugged away overtaking guys at a steady pace, had a half spin after someone ran into the side of me (no hard feelings - blind angle I suppose), got going again and continued to chip away, eventually finding myself in 7th trying to chase down 5th and 6th but unfortunately spun with about 10 minutes to go which dropped me back into the chasing pack where we would have a nice scrap for 7th.
Cheers for the racing lads, good fun. And my aging i3/GTX960 combo didnt do too bad considering the workload I put it through tonight.

I think we had some good racing this morning, (evening for most of you).
In free practice I was good for top 10 but quali I had so much traffic and just couldn't hook up a lap. Then I ran out of fuel on my flying lap right at the end with only a minute to spare... sorted my fuel on that Q set up for next time.
So, think I qualified 15th so had my work cut out for me. Made some passes at the start and also avoided a few incidents and found myself back in the top 10.
Had some nice long battles and wish I'd saved the replay as there was some really fast and consistent driving out there.
Finished in 4th so a good day in the office today!

So i missed yesterdays race and apparently Ricoow but i would like to suggest something for next races!

It would be nice to have the results posted in the thread after each race!
It would be nice to check results, maybe build some rivalry?

I think we had some good racing this morning, (evening for most of you).
In free practice I was good for top 10 but quali I had so much traffic and just couldn't hook up a lap. Then I ran out of fuel on my flying lap right at the end with only a minute to spare... sorted my fuel on that Q set up for next time.
So, think I qualified 15th so had my work cut out for me. Made some passes at the start and also avoided a few incidents and found myself back in the top 10.
Had some nice long battles and wish I'd saved the replay as there was some really fast and consistent driving out there.
Finished in 4th so a good day in the office today!

Sounds like you were one of the ones that were in the fighting pack for 4th in the early stages of the races, I think there was about 4 of us within a second or two of each other trading places for a good 20mins. I wish I had got a replay too :( some real clean racing, including going side by side through 2 or 3 corners in sequence on more than one occasion.
Upon logging on today I've realised my Premium has expired, so it was a great race to end my membership on. Sadly I don't have anything spare to renew membership as yet, but ill keep an eye out for the next opportunity, so thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Sounds like you were one of the ones that were in the fighting pack for 4th in the early stages of the races, I think there was about 4 of us within a second or two of each other trading places for a good 20mins. I wish I had got a replay too :( some real clean racing, including going side by side through 2 or 3 corners in sequence on more than one occasion.
Upon logging on today I've realised my Premium has expired, so it was a great race to end my membership on. Sadly I don't have anything spare to renew membership as yet, but ill keep an eye out for the next opportunity, so thanks guys! :thumbsup:

I've saved to whole replay of the race, not sure if someone else can load it into their game but I could put it on dropbox to try and share if anyone is interested

One thing I'm glad wasnt turned on on the server was the Safety Rating. I had only done half a lap of racing with the AI before last evenings race, where I crashed half the field, so I had the massive amount of 4(!) SA. When the race was over I had 40. At this rate I'll be at 100 in 2,5 races...:D
Oh, and I lost 2psi pressure from one of the tires from riding the curbs too hard. Nice bit of realism there :thumbsup:

Oh, and I lost 2psi pressure from one of the tires from riding the curbs too hard. Nice bit of realism there :thumbsup:

I actually used this as my risky strategy. Sat on the grid for 1 minute to lower pressures under 23psi, then made sure I clobbered the kerb on the formation lap to get some extra pressure loss to keep the tyre in the 27during the race ;)

I can gift you a premium if you want to carry on racing then give it me back when you're in a better position.

I can gift you a premium if you want to carry on racing then give it me back when you're in a better position.

That's Very kind of you Jim. But I'd feel very bad for doing that, someone very kindly bought me last years membership as a gift, It'd be wrong to get it again. Maybe that's just me being a bit too proud, but don't feel the gesture has gone unnoticed :thumbsup::)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back