Bilster Berg Now Available for RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
r3e Bilsterberg Available Now.jpg

The 'mini Nurburgring' has been made available to purchase for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Having gently teased the track to sim racing public recently, Sector3 Studios have today released the exceptional looking Bilster Berg Circuit for their RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation.

Available now for round £4.39, the new track comes complete with five distinct layouts in the form of the 4.274 km Gesamtstrecke variant, the 4.3 km Gesamtstrecke Schikane, 2.4 km Ostschleife, 2.425 km Ostschleife Schikane and the mini 1.845 Westschleife configuration.

Available now as a standalone item for the sim, this looks like it could very quickly become one of the more popular (and unusual) circuits within the title.

r3e Bilsterberg Available Now 2.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available for PC now.

For RaceRoom Racing Experience news and discussion, head on over to the R3E sub forum and get in touch with your fellow sim racing fans!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

That is not at all what happened but ok....

Had nothing to do with forum shutting down but had everything to do with his work was stolen by someone who was selling it to the track. The track found out and offered Alfie to buy from him in exchange to it no longer being public and used exclusively in their simulators.

You are both correct, really. The track was 75% complete when Kunos pulled the plug on the modding section of their forum. I was frustrated by this move, and a little annoyed (by this time I had already built the track twice - once on elevation data from the GPS readout on a YouTube video, and then again once I was given the accurate CAD data by someone at Tilke's company). So, yes, I did decide to scrap the whole thing and not bother finishing it at all.

That is when I was approached by UpRacer in Germany who told me that they had paid another modder to make the track for them, and that he had simply sold them my beta version and kept the money. They asked if I would be willing to finish my track 100% and let them use it as a promotional item to help sell their motion rigs, but in return for payment they wanted exclusive rights to the track in AC. Since I had already decided to scrap the whole project after months of work it seemed like the sensible thing to do, so I agreed, removed all the beta versions I could find from the net, completed the track in about 2 weeks and moved on.

I must admit, I hated those 2 weeks. Trying to be creative and to enjoy modding when working under such strict time limitations was not fun at all :( I ended up hating the track and was glad to see the back of it (at the time). It was rushed and I felt frustrated that I didn't have the time to make it look the way I wanted. I was also still very new to track modding so everything was a struggle and really hard work. I swore I would never again make a track for money.

Then I discovered Race Department and its AC modding scene, and started to see modding as fun again, and the rest is history (a bit like the tracks I make :laugh:). I would still be wary about modding for money again, but I am much more proficient now, much quicker, so... never say never, but I think my heart will always lie with modding for free and releasing to the community.

I have to admit, seeing this R3E version of Bilster Berg does make me want to revisit my version and give it a bit more love, though :unsure:

You are both correct, really. The track was 75% complete when Kunos pulled the plug on the modding section of their forum. I was frustrated by this move, and a little annoyed (by this time I had already built the track twice - once on elevation data from the GPS readout on a YouTube video, and then again once I was given the accurate CAD data by someone at Tilke's company). So, yes, I did decide to scrap the whole thing and not bother finishing it at all.

That is when I was approached by UpRacer in Germany who told me that they had paid another modder to make the track for them, and that he had simply sold them my beta version and kept the money. They asked if I would be willing to finish my track 100% and let them use it as a promotional item to help sell their motion rigs, but in return for payment they wanted exclusive rights to the track in AC. Since I had already decided to scrap the whole project after months of work it seemed like the sensible thing to do, so I agreed, removed all the beta versions I could find from the net, completed the track in about 2 weeks and moved on.

I must admit, I hated those 2 weeks. Trying to be creative and to enjoy modding when working under such strict time limitations was not fun at all :( I ended up hating the track and was glad to see the back of it (at the time). It was rushed and I felt frustrated that I didn't have the time to make it look the way I wanted. I was also still very new to track modding so everything was a struggle and really hard work. I swore I would never again make a track for money.

Then I discovered Race Department and its AC modding scene, and started to see modding as fun again, and the rest is history (a bit like the tracks I make :laugh:). I would still be wary about modding for money again, but I am much more proficient now, much quicker, so... never say never, but I think my heart will always lie with modding for free and releasing to the community.

I have to admit, seeing this R3E version of Bilster Berg does make me want to revisit my version and give it a bit more love, though :unsure:
Just port it over to RF2 fella :)

Fantastic Track and for me personally a real driving circuit...like it a lot:inlove:
...my favorite driving machine, Volvo 240 Turbo:inlove:...driving manual H-Pattern of course:)View attachment 328867 View attachment 328868

Not using the H pattern, I’ll admit, but that 240 is a lot of fun on Bilster.
Fun car and great track!

Good month for R3E, both Dubai and Bilster are an absolute blast.
Regained a lot of love for this game.

Did not know the second part of your saga, that you got cheated by that thief, it must have happened after we had our little conversation back then (you met me under my name Skybird, almost on the day when you quit). If it is of any comfort to you after this time, I can however tell you that your track is one of my top 5 most driven tracks in AC1 - and I am following AC1 since 2013, since the very first tech demo. Good work speaks for itself.

B*llocks! I know what really happened, and it is time people know!

It all started many years ago. David was on vacation, he was travelling abroad in Egypt and he was visiting the ancient pyramids. One day, while exploring on a guided tour the temple of Karnak, he was looking at the parietal inscriptions. They were fascinating, the vibrant colours, the geroglyphs, the figures. That's when he saw something that sent shivers down his spine. A representative figure of power, so the guide said. They did not know what it precisely represented, but it sure had to do with the Egyptian pantheon. It was like a scribbled line. David took a picture and moved on.

Years later, he was browsing through the internet, looking for a track to make. One caught his eye. Bilsterberg. It sounded interesting. He took a look at its layout. The exact sensation he felt that day in Egypt came back to him again. A cold, penetrating shivering, chewing at his bones. The layout was exactly like the figure he saw at Karnak! He confronted the pictures. It was a perfect match.
As if he was possessed by the need of seeing through the matter, he started working tirelessly on the track. He refused to take a break until it was over, until he found out what was really happening. Every detail was perfectioned, thousands of photos took as reference. When the track was finally completed, David hit the 'Enter' button.

It was at that time, he realized he had been tricked. A potent light became emitted by the monitor, and soon took form in front of him, becoming bigger and bigger by the second. David stood up, violently hitting the chair, trashing it against the back wall. A rumbling sound. "Thank you David, you fulfilled the prophecy, and awoke me from my ancient slumber in which I was casted. Now, I will be able to consume the universe, and destroy every living being". David was genuinely scared. What did he do? He froze for a second. Then, he realized, there still was a way to make what it felt like a bad, horrible dream, go away. Hit the 'Esc' button. The creature understood his intention. "Have no worry David, I will do you no harm. You will have a place in the new order I will create, and here, the more I get stronger, the more a newfound power takes place in you. The ability to bend time, and be able to make all the tracks you want." David was tempted. It sure was a unique offer. However, he thought, what good was making awesome tracks if he had no one to share them with? David was too kind at heart, too valiant to accept to realize the creature's evil plot, and swiftly hit the keyboard button.

Clak.

A terrible sound shook the foundation of his entire home. It seemed as everything was going to collapse in a tremble. The light was re-absorbed into the monitor, and David quickly deleted all of the track files from his computer, erasing even just the memory of his work.

That day, he saved the world. Ironically though, nobody even realised it or knew.

Until today.

The fact that smoking weed is now legal in my country may or may not have anything to do with this story :roflmao:
Also, R3E version of Bilsterberg will 100% guaranteed not destroy the universe. It may however, grant you super powers. Use them responsibly.

Last edited:
Fantastic! Sometimes fiction is better than reality! :roflmao:

I must admit, though, I do feel possessed now, compelled to find more and more tracks to try and make for sim racing. It's an addiction, and not one I want to try and quit :)

By the way....it's impressive how accurate your Mod for AC is. I drove my first laps on BilsterBerg in R3E and I was shocked how similiar the R3E Track compared to your Mod is. Every Mod Track which is made by you that I have drove is a Masterpiece:)

It all started many years ago. David was on vacation, he was travelling abroad in Egypt and he was visiting the ancient pyramids. One day, while exploring on a guided tour the temple of Karnak, he was looking at the parietal inscriptions. They were fascinating, the vibrant colours, the geroglyphs, the figures. That's when he saw something that sent shivers down his spine. A representative figure of power, so the guide said. They did not know what it precisely represented, but it sure had to do with the Egyptian pantheon. It was like a scribbled line. David took a picture and moved on.

Years later, he was browsing through the internet, looking for a track to make. One caught his eye. Bilsterberg. It sounded interesting. He took a look at its layout. The exact sensation he felt that day in Egypt came back to him again. A cold, penetrating shivering, chewing at his bones. The layout was exactly like the figure he saw at Karnak! He confronted the pictures. It was a perfect match.
As if he was possessed by the need of seeing through the matter, he started working tirelessly on the track. He refused to take a break until it was over, until he found out what was really happening. Every detail was perfectioned, thousands of photos took as reference. When the track was finally completed, David hit the 'Enter' button.

It was at that time, he realized he had been tricked. A potent light became emitted by the monitor, and soon took form in front of him, becoming bigger and bigger by the second. David stood up, violently hitting the chair, trashing it against the back wall. A rumbling sound. "Thank you David, you fulfilled the prophecy, and awoke me from my ancient slumber in which I was casted. Now, I will be able to consume the universe, and destroy every living being". David was genuinely scared. What did he do? He froze for a second. Then, he realized, there still was a way to make what it felt like a bad, horrible dream, go away. Hit the 'Esc' button. The creature understood his intention. "Have no worry David, I will do you no harm. You will have a place in the new order I will create, and here, the more I get stronger, the more a newfound power takes place in you. The ability to bend time, and be able to make all the tracks you want." David was tempted. It sure was a unique offer. However, he thought, what good was making awesome tracks if he had no one to share them with? David was too kind at heart, too valiant to accept to realize the creature's evil plot, and swiftly hit the keyboard button.

Clak.

A terrible sound shook the foundation of his entire home. It seemed as everything was going to collapse in a tremble. The light was re-absorbed into the monitor, and David quickly deleted all of the track files from his computer, erasing even just the memory of his work.

That day, he saved the world. Ironically though, nobody even realised it or knew.

Until today.

The fact that smoking weed is now legal in my country may or may not have anything to do with this story :roflmao:
Also, R3E version of Bilsterberg will 100% guaranteed not destroy the universe. It may however, grant you super powers. Use them responsibly.
I think this may be the single greatest reply I have ever seen on a race department thread....

Clak.

Until today.

Sir, I'm not sure where you came from or where you are going, but thank you for allowing us to come on this long strange trip with you! :D

Still thrashing Bilster:D...trying out a variety of cars, and also adjusting the control 'Cameras' and now I see Raceroom have implemented camera DOF for Triple Screen set ups:inlove::inlove: as before it was only available for single screens...errr, not to sure how long this has been implemented though:redface::redface:...first 2 screenshots show slight DOF
5 R3E BILSTER BERG with VARIETY of CARS copy.jpg
4 R3E BILSTER BERG with VARIETY of CARS copy.jpg

1 R3E BILSTER BERG with VARIETY of CARS copy.jpg
1a R3E BILSTER BERG with VARIETY of CARS copy.jpg
2 R3E BILSTER BERG with VARIETY of CARS copy.jpg
3 R3E BILSTER BERG with VARIETY of CARS copy.jpg

Still thrashing Bilster:D...trying out a variety of cars, and also adjusting the control 'Cameras' and now I see Raceroom have implemented camera DOF for Triple Screen set ups:inlove::inlove: as before it was only available for single screens...errr, not to sure how long this has been implemented though:redface::redface:...first 2 screenshots show slight DOF
View attachment 329018 View attachment 329019
View attachment 329021 View attachment 329022 View attachment 329023 View attachment 329024
sometimes i wish i had ultra wide or triples just for those screenshots or videos :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.