Bilster Berg Now Available for RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
r3e Bilsterberg Available Now.jpg

The 'mini Nurburgring' has been made available to purchase for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Having gently teased the track to sim racing public recently, Sector3 Studios have today released the exceptional looking Bilster Berg Circuit for their RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation.

Available now for round £4.39, the new track comes complete with five distinct layouts in the form of the 4.274 km Gesamtstrecke variant, the 4.3 km Gesamtstrecke Schikane, 2.4 km Ostschleife, 2.425 km Ostschleife Schikane and the mini 1.845 Westschleife configuration.

Available now as a standalone item for the sim, this looks like it could very quickly become one of the more popular (and unusual) circuits within the title.

r3e Bilsterberg Available Now 2.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available for PC now.

For RaceRoom Racing Experience news and discussion, head on over to the R3E sub forum and get in touch with your fellow sim racing fans!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

One of the very highlights in the history of tracks in Raceroom, and sim racing. The real world model is a fantastic track, and Sector3's copy of it is fabulous. Best driven with more relaxed, slower-paced cars. And one of the very few tracks where I am actually interested in driving the various sub-layouts as well - they are all good, really: usually I do not care for tracks' shorter sub-versions. A highlight in RR's history. Only praise from me.

Bilster Berg was available for free for AC. Then the author sold it to the Bilster Berg company and it disappeared in the public domain. I wonder if this here is based on the same material.
I asked that in S3 forums a while ago, and staff said no, its an in-house development from scratch.

The AC1 mod author was Fat Alfi, I think. I have that mod, got is shortly before he pulled it back in protest and frustration of Kunos forums no longer supporting track modding discussions, he sold it to Bilsterberg track owners then. The track layout is very close to the one to be seen in S3's version now, and is a compliment to what Fat alfi has acchieved back then. The track environment was not as developed, however, still: a very good track mod for AC1. But the author considered it to be not completed, and I think yes, it is not completed. Though very far advanced, and fully usable. I love it.

Last edited:
I asked that in S3 forums a while ago, and staff said no, its an in-house development from scratch.

The AC1 mod author was Fat Alfi, I think. I have that mod, got is shortly before he pulled it back in protest and frustration of Kunos forums no longer supporting track modding discussions, he sold it to Bilsterberg track owners then. The track layout is very close to the one to be seen in S3's version now, and is a compliment to what Fat alfi has acchieved back then. The track environment was not as developed, however, still: a very good track mod for AC1. But the author considered it to be not completed, and I think yes, it is not completed. Though very far advanced, and fully usable. I love it.
That is not at all what happened but ok....

Had nothing to do with forum shutting down but had everything to do with his work was stolen by someone who was selling it to the track. The track found out and offered Alfie to buy from him in exchange to it no longer being public and used exclusively in their simulators.

Last edited:
Bilster Berg was available for free for AC. Then the author sold it to the Bilster Berg company and it disappeared in the public domain. I wonder if this here is based on the same material.
Unlikely for two reasons (in my opinion):
1. I never heard of content developers receiving basically finished 3D representations rather than raw 2D/3D material (e.g. pictures, laserscan data) by rights owners of tracks/cars.
2. Regarding the optical quality of the tracks in R3E S3S has a pretty constant standard that would be hard to retain when using 3D locations created by others.

That is not at all what happened but ok....

Had nothing to do with forum shutting down but had everything to do with his work was stolen by someone who was selling it to the track. The track found out and offered Alfie to buy from him in exchange to it not longer being public and used exclusively in their simulators.
Sorry to object to what you say, but what I said is the narration that I got from I think himself, in a short conversation held under my usual avatar "Skybird". I tell it by memory and cannot point you to where the conversation took place, it can only have been Kunos' forum, Sector3's forum and there the AC thread, or the track thread here at RD, since these are the only racing forums that I frequently visit (though RD not under my Skybird avatar name). He told me that he was frustrated by Kunos' call to cancel their track mod forum and their other mod forums at that time, that he got a little mad at them, and sold the track to Bilsterberg owners who then, as you said, planned to use it for their own marketing purpose. That was either 2016 or 2017. But I really do not recall all the details anymore. But that explanation was what I was told by him - or someone who claimed to be the original mod author - why the mod download was no longer available. TBH, I do not recall the mans name anymore. But he claimed to be the author.

Anyway, its lost in history.

Unlikely for two reasons (in my opinion):
1. I never heard of content developers receiving basically finished 3D representations rather than raw 2D/3D material (e.g. pictures, laserscan data) by rights owners of tracks/cars.
2. Regarding the optical quality of the tracks in R3E S3S has a pretty constant standard that would be hard to retain when using 3D locations created by others.
Again, what S3 staff (their chief sound engineer) said when I asked about it. Different to the previous "dispute" with LilSki, here I can give the full source link, since it is not that long ago:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...19-development-notes.13683/page-4#post-186175

Postings #68 and #74

Absolutely fantastic effort from Sector3. Drove the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup for nearly two hours until my fingers began to go numb.:D
Your leaderboard spot on that track, doesn't tell the story, of how difficult it is, to get that car around Bilster Berg that quick! Maybe it's because I was sleepy when I tried in the cup car, but I gave up after a few tries at not spinning. Well done @David DeGreef :thumbsup:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 77 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 115 28.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 65 15.9%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.8%
  • €3001-5000