Better FFB physics in new updates.

Msportdan

@Simberia
Ive read a few times, that the new cars the gr5 and gtr2 have new physics which improved the FFb and physics. Does this get rid of the over forced centre and the swaying you get from it?

I will not buy them not knowing if this is fixed.

OMG

just tried these...

well I couldn't use them because of the pedals, but I copied the FFB values over and its the best ive tried!!! wow. I had to increase traction up to 100 and reduce steer sensitivity to 35..

now its better than pcars ffb!! Cheers dude.. Ill have to test more,, but so far so good!!

So Dan, have you tried my settings yet?
I tried them and they worked great. Only made a few adjustments to reduce overall force. Did a race weekend in DTM14 and some hotlaps in the virtual DTM championship. Will try out some Gr 5 cars later and see how it goes. Thanks for sharing :)

edit: Dan, you should be able to just manually bind your own pedals and save it as part of the preset. Worked for me, cheers.

Haven't tried PCars since the new update - not sure if I should get rid of the Jack Spade files first or what.

I've been lurking on Msportdan's pleas to find some decent ffb in RaceRoom while at the same time trying to find my own. I share a lot of the same complaints, and even went down a few of the same dead end paths (low steering force intensity).

Jyri's settings are the best I've tried so far on my T500 (using the McLaren as a test bed). I too made a couple of changes - steering sensitivity: 35, ffb spring: 6%, ffb damper 25%.

It's better now which is the good news, but I still think RR's ffb is lousy. Needing to adding things like friction and damper? That's Codemaster territory. Psuedo-sim stuff. I can adjust to it of course. It's just that it remains a weak link in an otherwise super-fun sim. A dark cloud.

Anyway, thanks guys for plugging away at it. Nice work!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.