F1 2010 Best steering wheel for F12010 (ps3)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all,

Thinking of getting a steering wheel for f12010. I'm reasonabley competetive doing times such as 1.12's round hockenheim & 1.21's @ melbourne. Will a good steering wheel help me improve my times???

Some ppl say steering wheels are amazing, much better than control pads, others say their 2 seconds slower with a wheel??? Please let me know what u think...

LL

This discussion has been held before. If you are used to a game pad and move to a wheel, you will be slower at first, but once you get used to the controller you will be quicker due mostly to the accuracy of the wheel over the game pad. You will be able to brake better and turn in at a more precise time as well as being able to trail brake properly once you have a wheel. This is not saying you aren't fast with the game pad, but you can be faster with the wheel.

This discussion has been held before. If you are used to a game pad and move to a wheel, you will be slower at first, but once you get used to the controller you will be quicker due mostly to the accuracy of the wheel over the game pad. You will be able to brake better and turn in at a more precise time as well as being able to trail brake properly once you have a wheel. This is not saying you aren't fast with the game pad, but you can be faster with the wheel.

Thanks Jim... Exactly what I needed to hear... Appreciate your feedback.

LL

Oh.... 1 more thing.... Any suggestions on a wheel to buy?

I have both the g27 and the Fantec GT2 with clubsports.

The force feedback of the Fanatec is way superior to the Logitech in trems of achieving a natural and realistic sensation.

The g27 FFB feels very notchy, mechanical and rattly IMO and although i really wanted to like the g27 I always end up going back to the Fanatec.

I have over time tried to work out which wheel gives the fastest lap times but eventually came to the conclusion there is no difference.

I also found that the G27 seems to rattle so much with enviromental effects at 100% that it disturbs the neighbours (if you are in a flat with a wooden or laminate floor it could be an issue), the fanatec however doesnt have this problem but still gives excellent enviromental feedback.

Dont get me wrong the g27 is still a brilliant wheel and i think you would be more than happy with either.

like James say`s theres not a lot between the wheels, but Fanatec use a belt drive not plastic gears like on the Logitech so is quieter and smother FFB. also the Fanatec have a lot more buttons and FFB options that can be adjusted live in game with 5 presets. i have owend 4 logitech wheels but only one fanatec and i wouldn`t go back to logitech.

fanatec have had some bad feedback especialy with the GT3 v1 wheel, but they have realy turned that around this year and price wise that club sport bundle is only a bit more than a G27 but overall way better value.

if you`ve never used a wheel before the G27 will feel great, so which ever you buy it will be a win win situation :D

I have both the g27 and the Fantec GT2 with clubsports.

The force feedback of the Fanatec is way superior to the Logitech in trems of achieving a natural and realistic sensation.

The g27 FFB feels very notchy, mechanical and rattly IMO and although i really wanted to like the g27 I always end up going back to the Fanatec.

I have over time tried to work out which wheel gives the fastest lap times but eventually came to the conclusion there is no difference.

I also found that the G27 seems to rattle so much with enviromental effects at 100% that it disturbs the neighbours (if you are in a flat with a wooden or laminate floor it could be an issue), the fanatec however doesnt have this problem but still gives excellent enviromental feedback.

Dont get me wrong the g27 is still a brilliant wheel and i think you would be more than happy with either.

like James say`s theres not a lot between the wheels, but Fanatec use a belt drive not plastic gears like on the Logitech so is quieter and smother FFB. also the Fanatec have a lot more buttons and FFB options that can be adjusted live in game with 5 presets. i have owend 4 logitech wheels but only one fanatec and i wouldn`t go back to logitech.

fanatec have had some bad feedback especialy with the GT3 v1 wheel, but they have realy turned that around this year and price wise that club sport bundle is only a bit more than a G27 but overall way better value.

if you`ve never used a wheel before the G27 will feel great, so which ever you buy it will be a win win situation :D

I do prefer the look of the g27 for some reason & the rumbling shouldn't be an issue in my carpeted front room. But, I'm still 50/50 on the 2. You guys sound like you play at a good level & have alot of good things to say about the GT2... Hmmmmm... Decisons decisions....

Either way... James, Nigel... Great feedback. Much appreciated. I'll let you know which 1 choose.

LL

One thing I have noticed that using the default control settings with the G27 in F1 2010 that if you are on any of the cockpit or exterior views, as you turn the wheel, the camera moves too! It seems that the free look function is the same as steer right or left :S is there a way to get around this ?

One thing I have noticed that using the default control settings with the G27 in F1 2010 that if you are on any of the cockpit or exterior views, as you turn the wheel, the camera moves too! It seems that the free look function is the same as steer right or left :S is there a way to get around this ?

@Kirk: have a look in the first post of this thread. I posted the settings of my old G25 wheel and they will do fine for the G27 as well.

pedals should make the difference IMO, i haven't tried clubsport pedals yet
but i did previously on DFGT and G27 and there is no comparison between both, g27 is way better and accurate
so i think if that s right, csp should be a better value

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back