F1 2010 Best steering wheel for F12010 (ps3)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all,

Thinking of getting a steering wheel for f12010. I'm reasonabley competetive doing times such as 1.12's round hockenheim & 1.21's @ melbourne. Will a good steering wheel help me improve my times???

Some ppl say steering wheels are amazing, much better than control pads, others say their 2 seconds slower with a wheel??? Please let me know what u think...

LL

Alright folks. Just read through all your posts, haven't been on for a few days. Been practising TT in the wet.. Tricky...

Did a 1.16.8 round Monaco. Raced prioste98's WR (1.14.0) Crazy...

Thought I'd let you know I went for a G27 in the end. The looks, the rev lights & the all round gr8 comments made me go for the Logitech. Should come Tuesday. I'm 29 and like a kid a Christmas. Can't Wait!

Thanks all for your advice.

Help needed. I have the G27 & wheelstand pro now all setup on PS3. I drove around @ Monazo last night with all assists off no too bad. The steering & pedal settings are all fine. Im just finiding the forcefeed back a little too strong & loud. Please advise settings you are using I have strength @ 100 % accross the board same for wheel weight.

like James say`s theres not a lot between the wheels, but Fanatec use a belt drive not plastic gears like on the Logitech so is quieter and smother FFB. also the Fanatec have a lot more buttons and FFB options that can be adjusted live in game with 5 presets. i have owend 4 logitech wheels but only one fanatec and i wouldn`t go back to logitech.

Em, I'm looking at Fanatec GT3 V2 and it has no buttons... Price being similiar compared to a G27, I would've went for the Fanatec but no buttons in a game like F1 is a no go (especially with 2011 coming where KERS and DRS will be required).
I'm not missing anything right?

Also, anyone could comment on the Logitech Driving Force GT? Is it as accurate as the G27? (in regards to both wheel and pedals)

Em, I'm looking at Fanatec GT3 V2 and it has no buttons... Price being similiar compared to a G27, I would've went for the Fanatec but no buttons in a game like F1 is a no go (especially with 2011 coming where KERS and DRS will be required).
I'm not missing anything right?

Also, anyone could comment on the Logitech Driving Force GT? Is it as accurate as the G27? (in regards to both wheel and pedals)

Not sure where you got your information about no buttons, it has all the buttons you need.

Nowhere near as good as the G27. Its an OK wheel, it'll do the job, but not as smooth, doesn't have proper gear paddles (just has buttons on the back of the wheel).

The G27 is by far the best wheel I've ever used.

The DFGT has cheaper plastic pedals that are quite close together, plus no clutch.
The G27 has solid, metal pedals. Properly spaced out and also has a clutch.

I looked at the pictures and it has no buttons what so ever
Pictures like this: http://www.likecool.com/Gear/Gaming...l/Fanatec-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-Racing-Wheel.jpg
The buttons are on the spokes in the centre of the wheel. When the wheel is powered up, the grey bits will light up to show you which buttons are which. As you look at the wheel in the top left picture, the R2/3 and L2/3 are on the left spoke, X, O, etc are on the right spoke, start/select and a d-pad are on the bottom spoke.

Ok, I guess it does have the buttons. Noticed them after reading the manual where they are actually numbered.

Another question. How does the GT3 mount? I've seen it can use screws but I don't want to drill my desk. Does it have something like the G27, some knobs that you can tighten on the desk?

Ok, I guess it does have the buttons. Noticed them after reading the manual where they are actually numbered.

Another question. How does the GT3 mount? I've seen it can use screws but I don't want to drill my desk. Does it have something like the G27, some knobs that you can tighten on the desk?
it brings a table clamp but I don't know how good it is since I never used it (the clamp that is)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%