Best open wheel cars for AC ?

I've tried quite a few, but tend to like the lower powered cars. What are the choices for more modern ones?
I thought there were some payware ones that were really good as well. I wish they had the Skip Barber car, as its always been my favorite.

The RSR Formula 3 car is one of the best and most accurate mods out there
Also, RSS's offerings are very good. They have a few different cars. If you want something on the slower side, their F4 car is really good.
If you want something on the faster side, they also have F2 cars (2017 and 2018 versions)
RSS Formula 2 V6 2018
P9DUZoIt2W.jpeg

If you buy their 2018 car, you also get their 2017 car.
But if you want the best value for money, which includes the 2017 and 2018 F1 hybrid cars, you can get the complete pack here.

ASR Formula are another modding team that make really good cars. You can find their stuff here:
http://www.**************/assettocorsa-free.html

As well as the VRC modding team:
https://vrc-modding-team.net/

Aside from those, there is also Kunos Formula 4 / Tatuus.

I picked up the RSS Formula RSS 4 last night and installed it. This car does remind me a lot of the iRacing Skippy, although I think its a bit bigger, but its handling is somewhat similar.
Only thing I can'r seem to find is a nice set of skins for it. I found a few individual ones, but only a few.
The more powerful F1 cars are OK, but I just can'r seem to stay ahead of them, so the lower powered ones are more my cup of tea so to speak.
RSS did a great job, I wish they would do more, maybe an earlier F2 car or Formula Ford, better yet still please do the Skippy !

Ferrari F2004, Ferrari 312/67, Lotus 25, Formula Hybrid 2018, RSR Formula 3, VRC Jordan 191. Tatuus FA01 is also pretty nice if you want a low-powered open-wheeler. Lotus 98T is a crazy ride but I have no idea how to drive that. Ferrari F138 is a car I'd want to like but it just feels kinda wonky to me, guess you need to know how to make a good setup with it.

If your talking F1 then I have both the rss formula hybrid 2019 and the acfl 2019 mod and in my opinion the acfl is the best. Speed, handling, all car shapes and sounds different not all the same, skin liveries much higher quality with proper chrome parts and effects.

I saw that I think on the what are you working on thread. Its funny I was scrolling down and there was my favorite car. It looks fantastic.It was going to be one of the reasons I might start subscribing again to iRacing, that and AI, but this might be a game changer at least for me.
Fantastic little car, great feel, teaches you the proper way to drive a Formula car, which at first was quite a learning curve, especially keeping the power on slightly going around corners.Plus its simple and it makes for some very close racing..
Daniel what made you decide to do the Skippy? Do you like the car a lot as well?

I saw that I think on the what are you working on thread. Its funny I was scrolling down and there was my favorite car. It looks fantastic.It was going to be one of the reasons I might start subscribing again to iRacing, that and AI, but this might be a game changer at least for me.
Fantastic little car, great feel, teaches you the proper way to drive a Formula car, which at first was quite a learning curve, especially keeping the power on slightly going around corners.Plus its simple and it makes for some very close racing..
Daniel what made you decide to do the Skippy? Do you like the car a lot as well?

Yes I Do love it! I decide it because I think Assetto miss this so much, its my first ever mod, Actually I started from scratch, so There´s a long way still ahead, but I hope it becomes at least as half as good as iRacing one and as half as good as the other mods posted here, I feel like a little Kid side by side with them, XD.
Hope once a Alfa version gets released to test it online, is my priority, that it works well in online sesions.
Off course will be free.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back